Bridge to Terabithia (2007 film)
Bridge to Terabithia is a 2007 film directed by Gabor Csupo and based on the Katherine Paterson novel. The film tells the story of Jesse Aarons and Leslie Burke, 12-year-old neighbors who create a fantasy world called Terabithia and spend their free time together in an abandoned tree house.
- [seeing Jesse smiling at Ms. Edmonds, bends down] Take a picture. Lasts longer.
- Just close your eyes and keep your mind wide open.
- We rule Terabithia, and nothing crushes us!
- You are who you are, not your parents.
- [Jesse tries to hand Leslie the fake letter to Janice Avery] You have to write. Boy’s handwriting sucks. No offense.
- [on the ride back from church, about Christianity] You have to believe it, and you hate it. I don't have to believe it, and I think it's beautiful.
- Mrs. Myers: If any of you try to download this essay, you will be downloaded into detention.
- Mrs. Myers: Jesse Aarons! I got it from your sisters. I certainly do not need it from you!
- Leslie Burke, May Belle Aarons, Little Kids: [chanting] Free the pee! Free the pee! Free the pee!
- Bill Burke: She loved you, you know.
- Bill Burke: Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing - Teddy Roosevelt said that, not me.
- Jack Aarons: She brought you something special when she came here, didn't she? That's what you hold on to. That's how you keep her alive.
- May Belle Aarons: [To Leslie] If you don't believe in the bible, God'll damn you to hell when you die!
- [Leslie has ketchup all over her face]
- Jesse Aarons: What happened to you?
- Leslie Burke: Janice Avery is a very talented person. She can shoot ketchup packets over four rows of seats.
- Jesse Aarons: [snickers] Jeez.
- Jesse: That's what Leslie Burke says, she told me to keep my mind wide open.
- Ms. Edmonds: Leslie Burke is right. With a mind like yours wide open, you could create a whole new world.
- Scott Hoager: So I guess you're the fastest kid in school now, huh?
- [Jesse makes a fist at him]
- Scott Hoager: It's a joke, dude!
- [punches him hard into a wall]
- Scott Hoager: Are you nuts?!
- Leslie: I don't think God goes around damning people to hell.
- Jesse: Why not?
- Leslie: Because He's too busy running all this!
- Leslie: My dad says that TV kills your brain cells.
- Scott Hoager: Your dad doesn't know anything. We watch TV, like every day!
- Leslie: I rest my case.
- Jesse: It's just that you're a good builder... for a girl.
- Leslie: Yeah, well you're pretty good at art... for a boy!
- Jesse: [crying] Is it like bible says? Is she going to hell?
- Jack Aarons: [shakes head] I don’t know everything about God. But I do know he’s not gonna sent the little girl to hell.
- Jesse: [sobs] Then I'm going to hell because it's all my fault!
- Jesse: Hey, guys.
- May Belle: See? I told you.
- Mary: Oh, my God, Jess. [hugs him] [sobs]
- Jack: Where in God's name have you been?
- Mary: Where have you been?
- Jesse: Mom... I asked you. It wasn't like--
- Brenda: They thought you were dead.
- Jack: Brenda, hush.
- Jesse: Dead? W-What's going on?
- Jack: Your friend Leslie's dead. She drowned in a creek this morning. Apparently, she tried to swing across on a rope and it broke. They think she hit her head.
- Jesse: No. No, it... it's... It's not that kind of rope. It... It... It couldn't break. It wouldn't have.
- Jack: But it did. [gets up from the chair and tries to comfort him] I'm sorry, son.
- Jesse: [backs away] No, you're lying. She's not even dead! You're lying! [throws the book down to the floor and runs off]
- Mary: Jess! [sobs]