Brett Lorenzo Favre (born October 10, 1969, in Gulfport, Mississippi) is an American former professional football player who was a quarterback in the National Football League (NFL), spending the majority of his career with the Green Bay Packers. He was a 20-year veteran of the NFL, having played quarterback for the Atlanta Falcons in 1991, the Packers from 1992 to 2007, the New York Jets in 2008, and the Minnesota Vikings from 2009 to 2010. Favre was the first NFL quarterback to pass for 500 touchdowns, throw for 70,000 yards, complete 6,000 passes, and attempt 10,000 passes.
- It's fun leading this offense. I don't think we've hit our peak.
- I really believe this team has a lot of potential — whether it's this year or in years to come, I don't know.
- With each game I play, with each season I play, I'm running out of chances... you're never guaranteed next year. You're never guaranteed the next game. You have to seize the opportunity when it's there in front of you.
- Batista, Judy (January 29, 2004). "PRO FOOTBALL: NOTEBOOK; Favre Knows That Time Is Quickly Running Out". The New York Times. Retrieved on 2007-11-12.
- I'm pretty boring really.
- I'd like to think, eight years ago, I was pretty humble and modest. But I think, with each year, you get more modest, more humble, more appreciative. The off the field tragedies put things in better perspective, but life happens to everybody, and I think we all just try to do the best we can.
- Yip cabbage on three!
- "Browns make big strides; friends remember Favre's career". NFL.com. March 7, 2008. Retrieved on 2008-07-02.
- I know I can still play, but it's like I told my wife, I'm just tired mentally. I'm just tired,"