Boys Town (film)
1938 film by Norman Taurog
Boys Town is a 1938 film about a priest's work with a group of disadvantaged and delinquent boys in a home that he founded.
- Directed by Norman Taurog. Written by John Meehan and Dore Schary.
Greater than the imagination of the best writers! taglines
- I know that a mother can take a whip to the toughest boy in the world, and he forgets it because he knows that she loves him.
- There is no such thing as a bad boy.
- Freddie Fuller: There's our baseball field... last year one of our players was drafted by the St. Louis Browns.
- Whitey Marsh: Well, I like the Yankees.
- Freddie Fuller: You would!
- Tony Ponessa: If you're a Catholic or a Protestant, you can go right on being one.
- Whitey Marsh: Well, I'm nothin'.
- Tony Ponessa: Then, you can go right on being nothin', and nobody cares.
- Dan Farrow: [panicky, about to die in the electric chair] How much time have I got, Father?
- Father Flanagan: Eternity begins in forty-five minutes, Dan.
- Dan Farrow: What happens then?
- Father Flanagan: Oh, a bad minute or two.
- Dan Farrow: And after that?
- Father Flanagan: Well, Dan, that's a question that scientists and philosophers have been asking for a million years.
- Greater than the imagination of the best writers!
- The life story of a boy who was "born to be hung"!
- The greatest heart drama of the year.
- Spencer Tracy - Father Flanagan
- Mickey Rooney - Whitey Marsh
- Henry Hull - Dave Morris
- Leslie Fenton - Dan Farrow
- Gene Reynolds - Tony Ponessa
- Edward Norris - Joe Marsh
- Addison Richards - The Judge
- Minor Watson - The Bishop
- Boys Town quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- Boys Town at Rotten Tomatoes
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|