Blues Brothers 2000
1998 film by John Landis
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Elwood Blues: Uh, is there anything in particular you would like to hear this evening, your highness?
- Queen Moussette: Yes. Do something Caribbean.
- Elwood Blues: Uh, ma'am, we're the Blues Brothers. We do blues, rhythm and blues, jazz, funk, soul, we can handle rock, pop, country, heavy metal, fusion, hip hop, rap, Motown, operetta, show tunes, in fact, we've even been called upon, on occasion, to do a polka. However, Caribbean is a type of music, I regret to say, which has not been, is simply not, nor will ever be a part of this band's repertoire.
- Elwood Blues: You may go if you wish. But remember this: walk away now and you walk away from your crafts, your skills, your vocations; leaving the next generation with nothing but recycled, digitally-sampled techno-grooves, quasi-synth rhythms, pseudo-songs of violence-laden gangsta-rap, acid pop, and simpering, saccharine, soulless slush. Depart now and you forever separate yourselves from the vital American legacies of Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Willie Dixon, Jimmy Reed, Memphis Slim, Blind Boy Fuller, Louis Jordan, Little Walter, Big Walter, Sonny Boy Williamson I and II, Otis Redding, Jackie Wilson, Elvis Presley, Leiber and Stoller, and Robert K. Weiss.
- Donald "Duck" Dunn: Who is Robert K. Weiss?
- Elwood Blues: Turn your backs now and you snuff out the fragile candles of blues, R&B and soul, and when those flames flicker and expire, the light of the world is extinguished because the music which has moved mankind through seven decades leading to the millennium will wither and die on the vine of abandonment and neglect.
- The Blues are Back.
- Dan Aykroyd — Elwood Blues
- John Goodman — "Mighty" Mack McTeer
- Joe Morton — Cab Chamberlain
- Nia Peeples — Lieutenant Elizondo
- Kathleen Freeman — Mother Mary Stigmata
- J. Evan Bonifant — Buster Blues
- Frank Oz — Warden
- Steve Lawrence — Maury Sline
- Darrell Hammond — Robertson
- Erykah Badu — Queen Mousette
- B. B. King — Malvern Gasperon
- Junior Wells — Himself
- Lonnie Brooks — Himself
- Willie "Too Big" Hall — Himself
- Matt "Guitar" Murphy — Himself
- "Blue Lou" Marini — Himself
- Aretha Franklin — Mrs. Murphy
- Donald "Duck" Dunn — Himself
- Steve "The Colonel" Cropper — Himself
- Tom "Bones" Malone — Himself
- Alan "Mr. Fabulous" Rubin — Himself
- Jonny Lang — Custodian
- Murphy "Murph" Dunne — Himself
- Eddie Floyd — Himself
- Wilson Pickett — Himself
- Jeff Morris — Bob
- Sam Moore — Reverend Morris
- James Brown — Reverend Cleophus James
- Paul Shaffer — Marco
- The Louisiana Gator Boys — Themselves