We stand in awe of that which cannot be seen, and we respect with every fiber that which cannot be explained.
We fear that which we cannot see.
People are able to hold on to hope,
since death is that which cannot be seen
People have hope
Because they cannot see Death
standing behind them
If I were the rain, that binds together the earth and the sky, who in all eternity will never mingle, would I be able to bind two hearts together?
If I were the rain
That joins sky and earth
that otherwise never touch
Could I join two hearts as well?
We are drawn to each other
Like drops of water, like the planets
We repulse each other
Like magnets, like the colors of our skin
Unless I grip the sword, I cannot protect you.
While gripping the sword,I cannot embrace you.
I can't protect without holding a sword,
I can't embrace you while holding a sword
Yes, there is no Fate for us
Only those who are swallowed by
Ignorance and fear and miss a step,
Fall into the rapid river called Fate
We should not shed tears
That is a surrender of the body to the heart
It is only proof
That we are beings that do not know
What to do with our hearts
If it rusts, it can never be trusted
If its owner fails to control it, it will cut him
Yes, pride is
Like a blade
Oh, all of us dream
That we are flying the skies
With our eyes open
- Everything in this world
Exists to wear you down
- We reach out with our hands
Brush away the clouds and pierce the sky
To grab the moon and Mars
but we still can't reach the truth
- Light a fire to the fang that cannot be reached
So that I do not have to see that star
So that I do not slit this throat
- We think a flower on a cliff is beautiful
because we stop our feet at the cliff's edge,
unable to step out into the sky
like that fearless flower.
- Every time we set aside our pride
We take a step closer to the beast
Every time we kill an emotion
We take a step away from the beast
- Creak, creak, tower of purgatory
Piercing the world like light
Sway, sway, tower of spine
Will it be us or the sky that falls?
- I just keep practicing
Saying goodbye to you
- The mane of the sun pouring down
Erases the footprints on thin ice
Do not fear deception
The world already lies atop deception
- Red like blood.
White like bone.
Red like solitude.
White like silence.
Red like the senses of a beast.
White like the heart of a god.
Red like molten hatred.
White like chilling cries of pain.
Red like the shadows that feed on the night.
Like a sigh piercing the moon
It shines white, and scatters red.
- Your shadow, quietly
Like a vagrant poison needle
Stitches my footsteps.
Your radiance, lithely
Like lightning striking a water tower
cuts down the source of my life.
- No, nothing can change my world.
- Japanese:One who paints the beauty in love
is one who pretends to know her form.
One who paints the ugliness in love
is one who once arrogantly knew her form.
English: Those who do not know what love is
liken it to beauty.
Those who claim to know what love is
liken it to ugliness.
- Everything in this world
exists to wear you down.
- There is no meaning in our world
neither is there any meaning in us, the ones who live in it.
It is then meaningless
for us, who are equally meaningless, to
conceive the world in our thoughts
despite knowing there is no meaning to be found
- We are fish in front of the waterfall.
We are insects inside the cage.
We are the ruins of the billows,
The skull on the crosier,
The force of the torrent and the whale that drinks it.
We are the five-horned bull.
We are the fire-breathing monster.
And the screaming children.
Oh, we are
poisoned by the moonlight
- Doesn't matter who it is
I'll fucking crush anybody
- We are all
The end exists
Before anything begins.
Is a constant quest for awareness,
The awareness we gain at the end is the real goal.
In other words, death
Is the discovery and complete understanding
Of the end.
We are not permitted to seek awareness.
Those that cannot transcend death
Will not find awareness in anything."
- The voice that pierces deep into my
chest is like a never-ending cheer.
- We fear that which we cannot see...
we respect that which we cannot see...
thus the blade will be wielded.
- We have
Are shaped alike
Because of that eye we lack
In the fourth
Direction there is no hope
is at the heart.
- My lord, we look at you
as we might look at
You are framed by something sublime
hope, worship and fear
- I just fix it up relentlessly
Though I know it will be chopped off someday
I just make it shine relentlessly
Though I know it will be chopped off someday
But it frightens me oh how it frightens me
Because when it is chopped off
That chopped off hair
Will resemble the dead you
- These deep wounds, are like the oceans's depths
These Crimson sins, become colourless with death
- Tell me you hate me
the most in the world
- The king gallops
Shaking free from the shadow,
Beating the armor,
Kicking about the bones,
Slurping the flesh and blood,
The creaking increases.
Smashing the heart
He walks in alone
Toward the faraway other side
- I am an insect
Swinging around with no nature
Desiring evil, descending
Creeping like a worm, revolving
My neck is stretching
Higher than the moon
Until no more sympathy is visible
I run from you bastards
- If I am given wings, I would fly for you
Even if all of this earth sinks into the water
If I am given a sword, I would stand and fight for you
Even if all of this
sky was shot through by your light
- If you even fail to be born, it's only
natural to die.
- It's still too early to believe.
- People cannot be thought to define beauty, however
Flowers can be thought to define beauty.
A person's form resembles a flower,
only at the time of defeat,
when it is torn to pieces
- The only true fear is to become a
warrior that doesn't know fear.
- To err is human. To kill is the devil.
- I envy because of the heart.
I glutton because of the heart.
I covet because of the heart.
I am prideful because of the heart.
I sloth because of the heart.
I rage because of the heart.
Because of the heart,
I lust for everything about you
- To plunder that which has been lost,
Blood and flesh and bone and
- There is no world without sacrifice.
Are you unaware?
In a sea of blood, ashes floating in hell
Crying the name of
A fading world
- To decay is our companion
As night is our servant
As the crow pecks at this body
I await you at the castle of elm trees
- Man has, above all else, evil
That I would, for the sake of having this illusion of justice
Beyond everything that is I, more than the evil that I have,
Hallucinate, that there is nothing else
The justice I had believed in has it's own evil
Justice, for the sake of obtaining justice is
endlessly doubting my own justice
- You may live bowing on your knees,
but die standing on your feet
- It is not terrifying to know sorrow.
Terrifying is to know you can't go back
to happiness you could have.
- You are becoming a snake tomorrow,
and as you start to devour people,
with that mouth that has eaten others,
you cry your love to me,
and the same as today,
I do wonder,
will I be able to say my love to you?
- All people, imitations of apes,
All gods, imitations of people
- I wonder can I carry on with the speed
of the world without you in it
- Time always goading from behind,
raising a growl before one's eyes, is wholly washed away.
Let halt your steps!
Time shall wash you away to the beautiful past,
and how it shall pare the fangs.
Don't look ahead!
Your hope approaches to the rear
only within a dark, turbid stream.
- Don't put a finger in my heart
- Let's count together for me
The bite marks
That I left on you
- It seems that I, even this young,
even being this inexperienced,
have grown withered by age
As for the adults, being completely flawless,
such is like a thing impossible to forgive
- If it can be said that it is the heart that is
unchanging, then that is the strength
- One step forward.
Never able to go back.
To an universe drenched in a sea of blood
- The army is marching, blowing the horns
The buzzing in ears never stop,
Like stardust, like thundering roar of the boots
- Scattering twice without even blooming
Like flames scatter, beautiful
- The soul burns up
Though heaven falls
- The battle is everything
- You're slow, even when you're falling.
- [after Ichigo calls him "Byakuya"] Surely that man did not mean to call me by my first name?
- Scatter, Senbonzakura.
- Bankai, Senbonzakura Kageyoshi.
- [after Ukitake coughs up blood while demanding that Byakuya respond to Rukia's execution] You should be careful, Ukitake. You'll only shorten your life. Having lost your lieutenant, I wouldn't think losing one more would matter.
- Feeling a faint motion of reiatsu toward cell four deep, I wondered what powerful warrior was hiding his reiatsu to slip inside, but it was merely a gnat.
- Disappear. My sword does not exist to crush insects like you.
- Are you telling me to exploit an opening for the likes of you? Do not speak out of your league, boy.
- No choice, then. Before you become intoxicated by your own power, I shall show you a decisive power gap that you could not overcome in a millennium of struggle.
- The Kuchiki clan is one of the four noble houses. We must set the standard for all shinigami. If we do not abide by the code...then who will uphold it?
- [on Ichigo] I was... never his enemy. He was fighting the laws of the Soul Society. He's similar... to the one whose ferocity I found distasteful.
- That's not possible. With your ability, you couldn't even make one of my knees touch the ground.
- The curtain that falls at the end...shall be pulled down by the blade of my sword.
- Put away your sword and you shall live...unless you're still dreaming about defeating me. Did you forget, or did it just never occur to you...that I have Bankai as well?
- Your blade will never be able to touch me. Ever.
- Be proud as someone who, after being struck by this power, is still able to retain the shape of a body.
- Well done. That time, your fang definitely touched me.
- It is a thousand years too early... for you to become worthy enough to die by my Bankai.
- You have a total of fifty eyes upon your body. With a mere fifty eyes... Exactly which do you intend to control... of these millions of blades that blot out the sky?
- I believe you told me that it was "futile" to put up resistance? That there was nothing I could do? Allow me to correct you somewhat. The situation in which you find yourself right now, that is what we call "futile".
- [To Zommari Rureaux] I have already told you. You and I, our levels are as distant as the earth from the heavens. Must I spell it out for you? I have discarded my left arm, discarded my left leg, and yet even so, I have not nearly lowered myself to your level.
- [To Zommari Rureaux]...An Arrancar, thinking of himself as an equal to me. That alone is already a form of pride itself.
- [To Zommari Rureaux] The arrogant one is you, Espada. But rest at ease. The reason for your loss is not due to that arrogance. It is simply due to a difference in power.
- [To Zommari Rureaux] Exactly when did I say that I do this because I am a shinigami? My killing you is no other reason than the fact that you... Pointed your blade [view shifts to Rukia] at my pride.
- "Control"... you say? When you stand before me... that word holds no meaning. Bankai. Senbonzakura Kageyoshi.
- No matter how strong a defense, a stronger offense will always shatter it.
- [To Shūkurō Tsukishima] I hate your fighting style. You just mock your enemies after stealing their bonds. It's extremely vile. It's a shame deserving of death. Come. I'll kill you before you can even swing your sword.
- [To Ichigo Kurossaki] I fear I will not last much longer. As a Captain of the Gotei 13, to be unable to defeat the foul intruders who dirty the soil of Seireitei, who have brought about the deaths of many soldiers and brought sadness to those soldiers' subordinates and families... to lose my life in defeat at the hands of such wretches brings me great shame. You, meanwhile, are a human. By all rights, you should never have become involved in this conflict. Indeed, you should never even have come to this place. Yet now, at the end of my life, I ask you to forgive me the vile hubris of making one request of you. Please... protect Soul Society.
- I have learned all too well that I am still far too weak to allow myself to grow headstrong. As I have been lucky enough to survive, I must strive to once more achieve strength enough to justify the pride I once held.
- All things in the universe, turn to ashes, Ryūjin Jakka!
- [To the Gotei 13] Place everything you have on the line, and crush them where they stand! Even if they should tear your flesh from your bones, make every last fragment of those bones an iron wall! They must not be permitted to set a single foot upon Soul Society's ground!
- [To Sōsuke Aizen] Do you believe that simply by sealing Ryūjin Jakka, you have defeated me? You fool. Your foolishness is so great, it astounds me. Why, precisely, do you think I have served as Head Captain of the Gotei 13 for a thousand years? Because in all those thousand years, no Shinigami was born to rival me in strength.
- Regardless of the circumstances, we were saved by Ichigo Kurosaki in our time of need. It is now time that we returned the favor. Even if that should require violating our own statutes, to allow such a debt to go unpaid would bring eternal shame upon the entire Gotei 13.
- [To a young Shunsui Kyōraku] Ah, that picture... That is a monster that appeared in Soul Society long ago. It appeared when Soul Society was in great need and only brought further turmoil. It will not trouble us again. If, someday, that monster were to appear before us again... I fear that will be the last day I am ever seen in this place.
- I am here. There is no better security than this.
- [To Yhwach] I was waiting, indeed. So that I can smash your flesh, blood, sword, and soul into many tiny pieces. Bankai. Zanka no Tachi.
- Now that I've unleashed my bankai, think of both my body and blade as...the embodiment of the Sun!!
- Shoot to Kill, Shinsō.
- Bankai, Kamishini no Yari. 
- A gatekeeper ain't supposed to open gates. 
- If you pull your sword in a place like this, I'll just have to stop you, won't I?
- Sorry, Rangiku... If only you'd held on a little longer...
- (Matsumoto is lying down. Ichimaru feeds Matsumoto a piece of fruit) Eat this. Fainting from hunger means you have it too, right? Spirit power.
- If you stay here, I'll have no choice but to kill you.
- [To Rukia as she is taken to Sokyoku Hill] Hello. How are you today Rukia dear?
- (Referring to Tosen) He's such a boy scout, wouldn't you agree?
- (Talking about Hueco Mundo) There isn't even water! Huh? Then how'd we have tea earlier?
- All of Captain Aizen's abilities are quite different from everyone else's. Beware of his Kyōka Suigetsu? A useless precaution. Beware of his other abilities? Again, a useless precaution. Whether it's the sky falling, the earth splitting; even if you combined all your wits to take precautions for every misfortune, Captain Aizen's abilities are above all of that.
- [To Sōsuke Aizen] Feelings, eh? Nah, 'fraid not. Don't got none o' them. Didn't I tell ya, back when we first met? I'm a snake. Cold of flesh and devoid of heart. My tongue flicks back and forth, ever in search of new prey, and if I like what I find, I swallow 'em whole. 
- [As a child, to Rangiku Matsumoto] I've decided. I'm going to become a Shinigami. Become a Shinigami and change things. So that they'll end...without Rangiku having to cry.
- [To Rangiku Matsumoto, in his dying thoughts] If you were to turn into a snake tomorrow and begin devouring humans, and from the same mouth you started devouring humans, you cried out to me 'I love you,' would I still be able to say 'I love you' the same way I do today" 
- Dammit, is that how you greet your son who went out of his way to help a ghost on the way home?!
- I see. So basically, you're a shinigami? And you came all the way from some place called Soul Society to vanquish evil spirits? Which means that monster earlier was one of those evil spirits? And it attacked that little girl? Okay, I belie- NO WAY I'LL BELIEVE THAT, DUMBASS!
- [After the hollow of Orihime's brother threatens to kill her] Do you know why the big brother is born first? It's to protect the little brothers and sisters that come after him. A brother telling his sister, "I'll kill you..." You never, ever say something like that.
- I ain't such a saint that I can promise to risk my life for strangers. Neither am I scum enough to sit quietly by while people are getting hurt before my eyes.
- I'm not Superman. So I can't say anything big like I'll protect everyone on Earth. I'm not a modest guy who will say it's enough if I can protect as many people as my two hands can handle either. I want to protect... a mountain-load of people.
- [from the anime] (after hearing Rukia explain about being a Soul Reaper) That's all believable to me... 'ALONG WITH FLYING PIGS AND THE TOOTH FAIRY!!'
- "Amazing Armor of Justice," my ass! More like "Armor of Junk!"
- The moment I came out of that hole was the moment your luck ran out!
- The one being saved doesn't get to complain!
- Hold on. So in my mind, this jacked-up, sideways ridiculousness is the normal state?
- (to self) Thanks, Rukia. Because of you, looks like the rain has finally stopped falling.
- What kind of rescuee complains about the rescue!? Why don't you go sit in a corner and tremble and fear and cry out (imitating girl's voice) "Save me! Save me!" like you're supposed to!
- We can't waste time worrying about the what-if's. Rukia's execution date has been changed to noon tomorrow. So what? If the deadline has been changed to tomorrow... I'll just have to finish today!
- The power in my hands was gained for her sake!
- [to Byakuya] To execute your own sister with your own two hands? What a sick joke! No matter what reasons you have... under whatever circumstances... don't ever say that in front of Rukia again! Use your Bankai! I will destroy it! Then I will take you to Rukia and... make you cry while apologizing to her!
- Your so-called honor... demands that you kill Rukia. If that's the case... then stepping on your honor... is the reason... I achieved Bankai!
- Wait, you just called my closet dirty, didn't you!?
- That's right. I've never actually drawn Zangetsu's true power or try to understand him. Zanpakuto are not mere tools. They're each alive. They each have names. I'm no better than that Kenpachi, who doesn't even know his zanpakuto's name.
- Because I swore that I would save her. I swore... to my soul!!
- Just surviving is meaningless. Fighting just for the sake of it is meaningless. The only thing I want to do is .....WIN!
- Sorry, Grimmjow... I can't afford... to take any more punishment.
- I did come here to fight you. And to defeat you, Grimmjow! I'll defeat you! And Ulquiorra! And Aizen! Then I'll take Rukia, Chad, Uryu, Renji and Orihime back with me!! So I can't... I can't let it end here! Grimmjow!
- Stop it now, Grimmjow. You have lost. I don't know about you being a king or whatever... But just beating up everyone who annoys you... and becoming a king by yourself... where the hell's the fun in that...?! If I really piss you off that much, I'll fight you as many times as you like... So for now... can't you just stop...!?
- Kenpachi. You just said it a while ago, that protecting Karakura Town was my duty. Wrong. My duty is to protect my friends.
- I'm not fighting because I think I can win, I'm fighting because I must win.
- "Our pride"? It seems that this "our pride" is connected to killing Rukia. Then it's just as you said. I will stomp on that. That's why I've obtained this power!
- I've never once felt superior due to being able to see ghosts. And I never thought to make a living at it. I also never thought to help anyone because of it. I... just dreamed of having a life where I couldn't see them. I've become what I've always dreamed of.
- Zangetsu, I won't ask you to 'lend me your power' any more. And I won't tell you 'don't get in my way'. I won't even say 'let us fight together'. I'll fight for myself. Thank you, Zangetsu. You are me. 
- [To Old Man Zangetsu, referring to Ichigo] He's strong... Zangetsu... train him well... because one day, that power will become all mine. 
- Ichigo, what's the difference between a king and his horse? And I'm not talking about obvious stuff like "One's a person and one's an animal" or "One has two legs and one has four." FORM, ABILITY and POWER , that's what's puzzling. If their form, ability and power are exactly the same, why is it that one becomes the king and leads into battle, while the other becomes the horse and carries the king?! So what's the characteristic that distinguishes these two beings? There's only one answer. Instinct! In order for identical beings to get stronger and gain the power they need to become king, they must search for more battles and power! They thirst for battle, and live to mercilessly, crush, shred, and slice their enemies! Deep, deep within our body lies the honed instinct to kill, and slaughter our enemies! My friend you don't have that! You use your brain to try to win a fight. You try to defeat your enemies with reason and logic! And it doesn't work! You're trying to cut them with a sheathed sword! That's why you're weaker than me, Ichigo!
- (Speaking to Ichigo) You? kill me? I decline.
- (to Ichigo)'
Japanese: Tell me, does a person become your friend, just because you introduce yourself to him? No.
English: Does a stranger become your friend just because you asked him his name?
- (to Ichigo after severely wounding Byakuya) You really do suck after all... Ichigo!
- I have.. No name!
- I am Zangetsu! 
- (to Muramasa, about Ichigo) Me? I'm his true form. I guess you could say I'm his instincts. 
- [[After being conquered by Ichigo] Shit. Looks like your instincts, and your desire to fight, aren't completely gone. Guess there's no way around it. You got me. I have to recognize you as the king, for now. But don't you ever forget! Don't forget that either one of us can become the king or the horse. If you ever give me the chance. I'll drag you down and crush your skull! And one last warning. If you really want to control my power, make sure you don't get yourself killed before I come back! 
- I see. So I still haven't reached you....
- Just how many times must I strain my voice before it will reach you? And yet, nowhere in this world can there be anyone who knows me better than you.
- Ichigo... I hate the rain. Rain falls in this world, too. When your heart is in chaos, this sky becomes clouded. When you are sad, rain falls so terribly easy. Can you understand...The horrible feeling of being pelted by rain when you're all alone in this solitary world? If only to stop that rain, I shall lend you any strength. If you trust in me, I won't let a single drop of rain fall from that sky. Ichigo, trust me...You are not fighting alone. 
- Why do you run, Ichigo? You still have not called on me. Face forward, Ichigo. You should be able to hear it now. That which blocks your ears is worthless fear. The enemy is one -- You are one. What is there to fear? Cast off your fear! Look ahead! Move forward! Never stand still. Retreat, and you will age. Hesitate, and you will die. Shout! My name is...!!
- To fight...Or to live...Choose.
- Though you fight a fierce battle on the outside, your inner world trembles not the slightest.
- [to Ichigo, as Tensa Zangetsu] Take a look at this world! This world of yours used to be full of hope, filled with skyscrapers... now it looks like a run down small town it is. This place has sunk to a new low. The rain that continued to fall on this world has decided. And now everything has submerged itself to this ocean, and it all happened because you lost hope and stopped moving forward.(then stabs Ichigo in the chest with his hand.) Ichigo..I cannot leave you like this, I know what has to happen. I will rip out the root of your despair. 
- [to Ichigo, as the hollowfied Tensa Zangetsu] Ichigo, do you remember what I said when we began this fight? 'The things that you want to protect are not the things that I want to protect'... What I wanted to protect was you Ichigo. 
- Ichigo. You have become strong. I have had the pleasure of standing by your side all this time, watching you grow. What greater happiness can there be? I am satisfied. 
Isshin Kurosaki (黒崎 一心, Kurosaki Isshin)Edit
- Burn, Engetsu. 
- It's not anyone's fault that Masaki died. It's just that... the woman I fell in love with... was a woman who could die protecting her son. And don't forget. You are the guy... the woman I loved gave her life to protect.
- (to Karin) Do as your heart desires! Jump into your father's bosom!
- (to Yuzu) Ah! It's okay, Yuzu, don't cry! Daddy will show you something really hilarious!
- It's one of the basics... So I will teach you. A shinigami at the rank of Captain can control the size of his zanpakuto got it? Otherwise everyone'd carry around ginormous swords... just like you. Remember this well. You can't fathom the power of your rival simply from the size of his zanpakuto. You shouldn't give lectures about Shinigami until you understand that.
- I didn't hate it as much as I said. That hollow, that is. If there's anything that I've truly hated for 20 years without thinking twice... it'd have to be the fact that I failed to save Masaki on that night.
- Live well, Ichigo. Live well, age well, go bald well, and die after me. And... if you can, die smiling.
Ikkaku Madarame (斑目 一角, Madarame Ikkaku)Edit
- Extend, Hōzukimaru!
- Bankai, Ryūmon Hōzukimaru!
- I got no intentions of becoming a captain. Becoming a captain would mean that I can't fight under Captain Zaraki. If your wish is to surpass Kuchiki Byakuya... then I just have one wish: to fight and die under that man's command. That's all.
- Well, you sure have weird ways of doing things. The one who taught me how "to give your name out to he whom you are about to kill" also said... that it was always the last lesson he taught his students. That way, if you do end a person's life... at the very least, they will know the name of the one who slashed their mortal coil. I'm of the 11th Division, 3rd seat, Madarame Ikkaku! You're right, there's no reason for me to hear your name, because the most important thing is that you know mine. After all, it is the name of the man... who will send you to your death!
- Awww maaan, and I really didn't feel like using it this early either. Better watch closely, and make sure you don't tell a soul! Bankai!!
- You can't carry me AND dodge at the same time, Tetsuzaemon!
- [To Moe Shishigawara] No man's life is worth more than another! If you're gonna put your life on the line, you do it as equals! I don't care if you're brothers, or master and apprentice, or whatever! You should only die for a guy who'd die for you! There's nothing honorable about throwing your life away as though it's nothing! That's just showing off like a kid!
- All waves, rise now and become my shield, lightning, strike now and become my blade! Sōgyo no Kotowari!
- If you save Kaien, then what becomes of his pride? If you go to his aid now, his life will be saved. But... at the same time, it would end up killing his pride for all eternity.
- Remember this well. There are two kind of fights in this world. As long as we place ourselves in battle, we must always know the difference: the fight to defend life...And the fight to defend pride!
- If you were in this situation, what would you have done? You would run after Byakuya...And then kick him in the butt, right? No matter how one captain complains, the Central Government won't change their decision for one person. But if it was you, you would still run around appealing to save Kuchiki...No. You would probably do something completely different. You always chose the path that lead to the most danger. Am I right...Kaien?
- The Commander-General's rather violent today, wouldn't you say?
- Cry, Suzumushi.
- Bankai, Suzumushi Tsuishiki: Enma Kōrogi.
- [to Kenpachi Zaraki] I did not say that I hate you. What I mean to say is that you are unforgivable!!
- I do not hate you. However, to protect our peaceful existence, there is no other way!
- [to Kenpachi Zaraki, after Tosen's senses-robbing Bankai still does not discourage the Eleventh Division Captain from fighting] I see. It's understandable. You are a demon. You belong in the darkness. So of course you do not fear it.
- [about his deceased friend] I never overcame my shyness and told her that I actually liked clouds.
- If it's not enough to believe in justice, then I will become justice. I will seek out all evil in this world and wipe them out like the clouds in the sky. I swear I will...For justice.
- I told you before, Komamura. The only paths that I see with these eyes are the ones not dyed with blood. Those paths are the paths to justice. So whichever path I choose...Is justice.
- Justice without a great cause begets nothing more than slaughter. That same slaughter in the of a great cause...Is Justice.
- I was trying to chop off your head from the eye up. A little scratch counts as a miss.
- It must make you sick to know an underling like me is going to kill you.
- I knew it would. Someday we would cross swords and one of us will die.
- [after Hisagi thanks him] Aren't you clever? Is that supposed to be sarcastic?
- [to Hisagi] Open my eyes? You? Open my eyes? You never change.
- [to Komamura] Don't make me laugh. Lord Aizen has given me something far more powerful than a bankai.
- [to Hisagi after stabbing him] I am afraid. Then and now, my fear has always been that I would die a Soul Reaper like you.
- [to Komamura as his Hollow mask cracked]: You said that deceiving my friends and subordinates and pursuing power is deprived. Then let me ask you this. A person enters into an organization for the purpose of revenge and in so doing, forgets his purpose amidst a life of peace and harmony. Isn't his pandering to that organization also a deprived? To my blind eyes, it is the same. So didn't you find it odd that one whose friend was killed would join the very same organization as the killer? 
- Suzumushi Hyakushiki, Grillar Grillo [Assumes his Resurrección form, opening his new form's eyes] I can see! I can see! I can see!!! Hahaha! So this is the sky!! So this is blood!! So this is the world!! ...And so that is what you look like, Komamura. You're not what I have expected...You're much more uglier.
- Awaken, Benihime. 
- Bankai. Kannonbiraki Benihime Aratame.
- [To Ichigo] There is nothing but fear reflected in your sword. When you dodge, you're afraid of getting killed. When you attack, you're afraid of killing someone. Even when you try to protect someone, you're afraid of letting them die. Yes, your sword speaks to me only of absurd fear. What's necessary in a fight isn't fear. Nothing can be born of that. When you dodge, "I won't let them cut me." When you protect someone, "I won't let them die." When you attack, "I will kill them." Well, can't you see the resolve to kill you in my sword? 
- [To Yasutora Sado and Orihime Inoue] Your transformation is not a disease. You were just given the key to the door in front of you. There's no need to know the cause. No need for sorrow or sadness. What comes next is up to you.You can use your keys to open the door...or lock it tight. And if you do choose to open it... You can still decide not to pass through. 
- Lately, I've been looking at these two guys only. As expected, I see flowers when there are women in the workplace... the atmosphere!
- A warrior who has lost their ability to fight is only going to be in the way. 
- [Urahara writes Ichigo a message in blood] Please meet at Urahara shop immediately. [After Ichigo freaked out] P.S: If you look at this message and think that it is the message of a person before his death... then you have no sense of humor. 
- That wasn't very nice...I do believe you've killed my hat.
- I'll drive you into a corner and make you remember that attack.
- [Sees Yoruichi in cat form] Yes! It's Yoruichi! You've come back! Ha ha ha!! [Picks her up] Come here you little devil, let me take a look at you! You're my fuzzy little troublemaker, yes you are! Now who's your daddy? Hmm?
- [To Yoruichi] It's alright! Kurosaki-san's potential is greater than mine!
- Noooo, there's no way I, a mere handsome and sexy shopkeeper, could possibly have bankai!
- Oh, it IS a chore. Risking your life and keeping busy are all the same!
- If we want to witness something nobody has ever seen before, we'll create it ourselves. That's how us scientists are.
- If I prepare a thousand options, all I need is for one of them to work. So I make a habit of preparing anything and everything that shows any kind of promise. That's just how I work.
- Drink. Nozarashi.
- Sanity? Sorry. I don't remember having such a useless thing in the first place. 
- "Fighting together with your zanpakuto?" That's a line for a sickly loser bitch who can't fight with his own damn skills! IT AIN'T A LINE FOR YOU OR ME, ICHIGO!!
- [Turning to face Yumichika] You seem awfully high-spirited...Huh!? [sees his 5th Seat officer, apparently not injured in any way] You...You won without getting hurt?!?
- [To Yumichika] Quit shakin' your ass. That's frickin' nasty.
- Wonderful! After I kill you, come back to haunt me so I can kill you again!
- Oh. You can destroy the ground with the reiatsu from your sword? Not bad.
- [to Tosen] Blah blah blah... You’re noisy. You just wanna say that you're a hero of justice, right?
- [to Sajin Komamura] It matters not whether you look like a beast, but that you fight like one.
- In the end, whether you kill or get killed, you're just killing time.
- Death and pain are just a small price to pay for the enjoyment of battle!
- My zanpakuto ain't got a name. It doesn't need one!
- Ain't I? I'm literally hemorrhaging generosity.
- Playing comes first, you can work later!
- Finished? It'll never be finished. A battle isn't like some stupid argument. As long as someone's still breathing, the fight isn't over.
- [Appearing as a vision to Ichigo] You want the reason...For fighting? Why don't you just accept it, Ichigo? You seek out the fights. You desire the power. Isn't that right, Ichigo? Everyone who searches for power without exception searches for battle. Do you fight in order to become more powerful? Or you want more power in order to fight? I don't know, and I don't care. The only thing I know for sure is that guys like us were born this way! We were born to fight, Ichigo!! Your instincts will keep leading you towards new battles. It's the only way to become stronger. It's the only way you have! If you want the power to control your enemy, take that sword in your hand and cut him down!! That's your only option! Fight, Ichigo! That's the only road that continues in front of you, and the only road that remains behind you!! 
- Oh, shut up. I was just thinkin'. With four arms, you're just gonna keep on blockin' my blade. That's no fun at all. So, while I was layin' on the ground, I was thinkin' about how to stop you blockin' all my attacks. But, you know...I couldn't think up a single good idea lying down there. So I figure...I'll just have to take out those arms, one by one.
- You idiot! There's always shadows wherever there's light!
- Never admit defeat and ask for a quick death! Die first, then admit defeat! If you are defeated but didn't die, it just means you were lucky! At those times, think only about survival! Survive and think only about killing the one who failed to kill you!
- [to Yammy after recieving his punch] I barely feel a thing. Now I'm sure you think I'm a big fly or something. But if you going to punch, you better put in some effort you great big worm.
- [To Retsu Unohana] Not criminals? That's rich, coming from you. You know damn well that if we weren't so damn powerful petty criminals is all the both of us would be! 
- Right after I was born, Soul Society ordered the mod souls to be destroyed... and the day after I was born I was already chosen to die! Everyday while I was in that pill I was afraid. As I watched my friends disappear each day. Even after I got lucky and escaped the storage among other pills, I feared being discovered and killed. As I trembled in fear I would think... life isn't something that should be taken from others. I was born like this! I should at least have the right to live and die freely! Whether it's humans or insects... or even us... it's the same. That's why I won't... kill anything. 
- [Looks up Rukia's skirt] N-nice angle. I'm glad that I'm a stuffed animal. [Rukia abruptly stomps on Kon] AGGHHH!!! STOP!! STOP!! MY STUFFING'S COMING OUT!! MY STUFFING!!
- [In Ichigo's body] Whew! Keeping my eyebrows knit together all the time is exhausting! How does Ichigo keep this face all the time!?
- [in the anime, as he's running off after being stomped on and crying out in pain] WHY ME? All I wanted was a little kindness, and instead I keep running into people who want to step on me!!
- [On seeing a girl with big boobs] They are the shape of happiness! Jiggle-jiggle, relax-relaxy and wha-wha!!
- [About Yuzu Kurosaki missing Ichigo] How could you make this poor kid cry? What a worthless brother!" 
- Claw out, Ashisogi Jizō.
- Bankai, Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō.
- A grenade that's thrown shouldn't come flying back.
- Killing you now will be as easy as strangling a baby.
- Oh, you know what I'm talking about. That stupid line that all you Quincies keep saying up until the moment you die. "By the honor of the Quincy I cannot do this." "By the honor of the Quincy I won't allow that." Quincy this, Quincy that! Every last one of you! It's so annoying!
- [upon arriving at Szayel Aporro Granz's location] Arrancar, Arrancar, Arrancar... Espada! Hueco Mundo is quite the treasure trove.
- [to Szayel Aporro Grantz] There is nothing in this world that is truly "perfect". Though it may be a rather large cliche, it is still the truth. It is the ordinary people who look up to "perfection" as an ideal and seek after it. But in truth, what is this idea of "perfection" truly worth? Nothing. Not a single thing. I detest "perfection". To be "perfect" is to be unable to improve any further. There would be no scope for "creation", not a single gap in one's knowledge or one's ability. Do you see now? To true scientists like you and I, "Perfection" is tantamount to "despair". We aspire to reach greater levels of brilliance than ever before, but never, NEVER, to reach perfection. That is the paradox through which we scientists must struggle. Indeed, it is our duty to find pleasure in that struggle. In other words, the second you allowed yourself to spout a ridiculous word like "perfect", in truth, you had already been defeated. That is if you wish to be treated as a scientist.
- [to Nemu about Uryuu; Nemu is currently attempting to restrain Uryu so Mayruri can heal him, but she is unknowingly smothering him with her breasts] Yes, Nemu. Just smother him with those things. Worst case, he dies happy.
- [to Giselle Gewelle and her army of Shinigami zombies] Oh, dearie me. This is quite a pickle. Though they may be zombies now, these men are nevertheless members of the Gotei 13! How can a man such as myself, who may as well be the very essence of kindness made manifest and given a spinal cord and limbs, possibly bear to fight against my own former comrades-in-arms?! There is nothing for it. I will have to leave this fight to someone who has no such emotional ties.
- If I were the rain, that binds together the heavens and the earth, whom in all eternity will never mingle, would I be able to bind two hearts together?
- I'm a terrible person, aren't I? "If only Kurosaki-kun would cheer up, I'd be happy." At least, I thought that was how I felt. Then Kuchiki-san came back and cheered Kurosaki-kun up. I should have been really happy, but... but... [Starts to cry] but instead I'm jealous of Kuchiki-san!
- It's just that... It's just that not being able to fight with everyone makes me feel lonely...!! But what would make me feel worse than being lonely is getting in everyone's way... that would make me feel worse!! If it means getting in the way of Kurosaki-kun and everyone... then I would rather be lonely, very lonely.
- We don't look any different from those shinigami. We just dress diferently.
- Kurosaki-kun... I'm weak, so it's always like I turn back to look to you for help. But now I won't turn back and I'll go forward. The next time we meet I won't look to you for help, Kurosaki-kun, I'll be able to fight on my own.
- Kurosaki-kun, you know I had a lot of things I wanted to do... I want to be a teacher... I also want to be an astronaut... and also make my own cake shop... I want to go to the sweets bakery and say 'I want one of everything'... Ohhhh, I wish I could live life five times over. Then I’d be born in five different places, and I’d stuff myself with different food from around the world... I’d live five different lives with five different occupations... and then, for those five times... I’d fall in love with the same person...
- [thinking as Nel tells her to cheer for Ichigo] That's right. To begin with, I came here just thinking I wanted to protect everyone. But when I heard they had come to save me, I couldn't help but feel a little glad, just a bit in my heart. When I look at Kurosaki-kun in that mask, I think that he might not have come here to save me at all. Even though it's wrong, they shouldn't be going that far for me.
- [To Kūgo Ginjō] Sadistic? I don't mind you calling me that. If you don't want to get hurt, don't attack me when I say not to.
- [To Yasutora Sado] It's like, even though we're human, we can just spend time here in Hueco Mundo like it's normal now. Helping out all the Arrancar people, doing our best to help the Shinigami protect their home...it's just kind of nice, don't you think? I kind of wish things could stay like this forever. All of us together, helping each other out, trying to do what's best for everyone's worlds...and one day we look back and realize the start of the war just never came...
- Roar, Zabimaru.
- Bankai! Hihiō Zabimaru!
- Bankai, Sōō Zabimaru.
- You're just an overnight Shinigami. You couldn't put one scratch on us real ones.
- I knew it. You can't even ask your own zanpakutō its name.
- The stray dog in me is dyed into my bones.... All I do is howl at the moon, but I don't have the guts to bite....
- Ichigo...I know this is shameful, but I'm begging you -- Rukia...Please save Rukia!!
- light a fire to the fang that can not be reached so that I do not have to see the star...So that i do not slit this throat.
- I've always been afraid...Always been pretending to follow you closely, always pretending to sharpen my fangs, when the truth is...I'm scared to death just treading on your shadow.
- Don't just blame yourself. You're not tough enough to withstand everything. Split the load, to my shoulders, and to Ichigo's. Just stack it little by little. That's why we've become stronger. Believe in him, Rukia.
- Now, we head towards the battlefield! Believe, and our blades will not break! Believe, and our hearts will not bend! Though the roads we take may be different, our iron hearts will beat as one! Swear, that even if the Earth is torn asunder, we will live and return here once again!
- If you wanna talk to me, do it while I cut you to pieces. But, I'm not gonna hold back one bit! Bankai!
- I already told you...you can't kill me with that sword anymore!
- Have you been out on the window ledge all this time, in plain sight? What if the neighbors report a silver haired elementary student burglar?
- I followed like a stray dog at your heels. I killed for you, and died for you. But in truth, I was afraid to even step on your shadow.
- [To Mask De Masculine] Us villains are dirty by nature.
- Dance, Sode no Shirayuki.
- Bankai. Hakka no Togame. 
- [to Ichigo] You can see me? Rather, you kicked me...
- [to Ichigo] You... must become a shinigami.
- [to Ichigo] It's not Shinigami...It's Kuchiki Rukia.
- [on her gigai] Darn those stupid engineers! They're all legs and boobs when it's muscle I need!
- Move one inch from here... just try coming after me... and I will never forgive you!
- You are going to die...so why not just stay here and live a few seconds longer?
- [On Kaien] It was a normal introduction, a normal scolding, a normal relationship between a superior and a subordinate. That normality... ...was what I desired the most.
- What does pride matter?! Compared to life, pride is nothing!
- [about Kaien] No. No, I didn't do anything to deserve thanks. I ran away... because I was afraid to fight you. I came back... because I couldn't face my cowardice in the future. I stabbed you... because I couldn't bear to see you in pain. The only one I had saved... was my... ugly self.
- I'm not worth shedding blood over.
- [on Ichigo's fears] If it was defeat, you need to train harder! If it was about your companions, then you need to reseal those promises after becoming a more virtuous man! If it's about your hollow... then just become strong enough until you can shatter it in an instant! The "you" that still lives on in my heart, Ichigo... would do exactly that!
- I even brought some little things to spruce up that dirty little closet! A lamp! A door bell! A back scrubber! A little window!
- In battles, the ones who get in the way are not the ones that have no power. They are the ones that have no resolve for battle.
- ...Of all the battles in Soul Society, no one was in the way. Not Ichigo, nor Chad, nor Uryu, and neither were you, Orihime. If there was any one of you missing, I wouldn't be where I am today.
- [after Aaroniero claims to be Kaien] Don't you ever say that name again!!!
- I just remembered... where the heart truly lies... Kaien-dono's spirit body really does exist within you, but... Kaien-dono himself does not. And that's because Kaien-dono had already entrusted his heart to me!... Farewell, Espada.
- [To herself while struggling to move forward] You musn't die...you can't die...Rukia Kuchiki [Thinking about those who saved her] I know what it means to be alone. The loneliness of being a prisoner, the happiness of being saved by my friends, and my fear at all the pain they all went through to save me. [Thinks of Orihime] Do not worry, Orihime... I'm coming!
- They say the mouth is the root of all misfortune.
- [To Ichigo Kurosaki] Ichigo... These fools don't understand that this is not nearly enough to make you despair. They don't know the caliber of despair you have already conquered! Show them, Ichigo! Despair cannot ever hope to stop you!
- Bankai! Kokujō Tengen Myō'ō!
- Bankai! Kokujō Tengen Myō'ō Dangai Jōe!
- [during Tosen, Gin Ichimaru and Sosuke Aizen's escape from Soul Society] Get down here, Tosen! Why did you become a Shingami? Was it not for your deceased friend? Was it not to carry out justice!? Where is your justice now!?
- Let us commence, Zaraki! Your favorite game of carnage!!
- [thinking at the grave of Tosen's friend] O' anonymous friend of Tousen... If you had been there...What would you have said to stop him?
- Don't retreat, Tetsuzaemon. No matter what. You stand firm right behind me!
- [to Choe Neng Poww, as the giant Arrancar charges a Cero after making a comment on Komamura's strength] I see...Then I shall stop that yawn in its tracks. Bankai.
- You are right. I have not yet introduced myself. I am Captain of the Seventh Division Komamura Sajin. And though it shames me, I am just as you say -- A meager worm of a man.
- You destroyed those Menos Grandes. That's enough for me! I have decided to fight by your side! I won't accept no as an answer, masked ones!
- [to Tōsen after stopping him from attacking Shinji] It's the opposite of what happened before. I never thought the time would come when I was protecting someone else from you..."
- Back then. I felt a kernel of untruth in your words. You talked about "The world she loves" many times. But made not a single mention of "The world I love".
- [To Kaname Tōsen] That is why I swore to myself that I would become a true friend to you. If you bore great sadness, I would take it upon myself. If I obtained great joy, I would share it with you. If you strayed from your path, I would scold you. If you made terrible mistakes, I would forgive you. If the world scorned you, I would be your shelter. Somehow, I would give this man who had lost his love for the world the power to love it once more.
- [To his great-grandfather] When I was unable to bear the burden of living in shadow...When I abandoned my own family and fled, not caring for the shame I brought upon myself...It was Genryūsai-dono who took me in. That man, to whom I owe the greatest debt, has had his own life cut short at the hands of these Quincy. I have a duty...to avenge this humiliation!!
- [To Bambietta Basterbine] I have not thrown my life away. I have merely gambled it. Genryūsai-dono gambled his own life on this battle. I see no reason why I should not do the same. From the moment I set foot on this battlefield, I had already left my life behind!
- Flower Wind Rage and Flower God Roar, Heavenly Wind Rage and Heavenly Demon Sneer. Katen Kyōkotsu!
- At this point, I'm sure everyone else is far enough away... Nanao-chan, I'm sorry if you get caught in this as well... Bankai. Katen Kyōkotsu: Karamatsu Shinjū.
- I placed this blade of grass in my mouth thinking I'd look cool. But it must be poison 'cause ith makinth ma mouth numb.
- [To Starrk, about Lilynette] That child with you...Can you send her somewhere else? I can't really go all out with her there.
- Only underlings get caught up in matters of style and lose the battle. A captain can't afford such indulgences. Don't try to be a good kid. Whether you owe somebody or they owe you. The moment you start a fight, you're in the wrong either way.
- [To Sōsuke Aizen] I guess I'm just not much of a listener when it comes to guys. I get bored pretty quickly.
- [To the Gotei 13 regarding his freeing of Aizen] Honor? Is that what you are all talking about? Then let us speak instead of our duty to the Gotei 13. Honor will not protect the world. I do not believe that using evil to defeat evil is itself an evil act.
- [To Lille Barro] You'd be wise to remember who it is you're talking to... I am Captain Commander of the Gotei 13... Kyōraku Shunsui.
- Sting All Enemies to Death, Suzumebachi.
- Bankai! Jakuhō Raikōben!
- Why didn't you take me with you!? Yoruichi-sama?
- The one hundred years we were apart were meant to bring me power and make you weak! Yoruichi!
- You know the power of my Zanpakutō, Suzumebachi. If someone gets hit twice in the same spot... They die!
- Showing your back in a battle? You've become a fool, Yoruichi!
- I'll always be there to fight along side you. I promise!
- Of my five older siblings, two died on the first mission, then two more on the second. Then on the sixth mission, the last one... Died as well. I felt sad, somewhat, but more than that, I felt ashamed of their incompetence.
- I thought I told you. If you see your allies losing, that's your chance. Don't step between them. Take the enemy down from behind. And if the enemy's so strong, you can't even do that, then just watch your ally be killed. That's what it means to be Special Forces.
- I'll show you a real assassination. No...Maybe you won't even be able to see it.
- If you see your allies losing, that's your chance. Don't step between them. Take the enemy down from behind. And if the enemy is so strong you can't even do that, then just watch your ally be killed. That's what it means to be Onmitsukidō.
- [To BG9] And you thought I would leave it that way forever? After my battle with Yoruichi-sama, I honed my Shunkō to completion And since then, I have pushed my ability to the limits, taking the technique further still. My Shunkō is "wind". I have perfected a method of causing the Reiatsu I release to flow like a vortex around my body indefinitely. As such, once I have activated my Shunkō, I am now able to maintain it for as long as proves necessary. You have my thanks. If you had not stolen my Bankai, I may never have honed my Shunkō to this level of mastery.
- [To Hitsugaya, after stabbing Hinamori] Aww...You found her. Sorry, I didn't want you to find out this way...No. I should have chopped her into little pieces and hidden them away where you would never find them.
- I had no intention of deceiving anyone. It's just that none of you could understand...My true self.
- Don't use such strong words -- It makes your weakness all the more apparent.
- Admiration is the emotion furthest from comprehension.
- It's very difficult for me to step on an ant without crushing it.
- 'No longer the Aizen you know,' hm...? I'm afraid you've been deluded, Abarai-kun...The 'Aizen Sōsuke' you knew never existed to begin with.
- In my eyes, there is no difference between wiping away one speck of dust or two.
- Oh? I thought I severed your body from the waist-down, but...It seems the cut was too shallow.
- Thus there were no breakthroughs, as other researchers were bound by obstacles such as ignorance and morals.
- No one stands on the top of the world. Not you, not me, not even gods. But the unbearable vacancy of the throne in the sky is over. From now on...I will be sitting on it.
- [After Gin offers to kill some Arrancars] No thanks, for that would be boring.
- Good evening, Espada. There has been an enemy attack. But first...Let us brew some tea.
- No matter what may happen...As long as you walk by my side...There shall be no enemy that can stand before us.
- [to Grimmjow, as the Sexta tries to leave a meeting to hunt down intruders] Grimmjow, I'm thankful for your intentions, but I've not yet finished speaking. Please go back to your seat... Well? I didn't hear your answer...Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez. [Aizen releases an extraordinary amount of spirit energy, forcing Grimmjow to his hands and knees, panting heavily.] I see you understand, Grimmjow.
- [To Orihime, after she had being taken from Ichigo once again] A girl like you should smile more often. Overcast skies blot out the sun, and that always brings people's spirits down. So why not let the sun shine...For just a while longer?
- [To Barragan, before he was recruited by Aizen] Isn't it ironic, king of Hueco Mundo? Dressed in black and poised to attack, you look just like a shinigami.
- To trust in another is the same as to rely upon that person. Reliance is for the weak. It is of no use to us. It is the nature of all living things to find some being greater than themselves and place their trust in that being, following it blindly. In order to escape from the pressure of that trust, those beings seek a still greater entity in which to believe, and those greater beings too seek still greater, still stronger beings to follow. This is how all kings come to be, and this is how all Gods are born. Do not trust in me yet, Hirako Shinji. I will take my time to teach you the nature of the God whom you face. Then, you shall believe.
- Seek not beauty in battle. Seek not beauty in death. Consider not your own life. If you wish to protect that which must be protected, then strike while your opponent's back is turned.
- [To Kisuke Urahara] Those are the words of a defeated man!! A victor must speak not of the current state of the world, but of how it should rightfully be!
- [To Shunsui Kyōraku] I must say... You truly are an entertaining man. Would I like to breathe fresh air, you ask? Would that be the fresh air of a Soul Society being summarily crushed by Yhwach?
- [To Yhwach regarding their battle] This is not about benefit. My only purpose has always been to crush all who seek to control me.
- Yhwach, the world that you desired to create may indeed have been devoid of fear. However, in a world without the fear of death, men could not face that fear and seek out hope. Certainly, they could keep walking onward by merely living, but that would be very different from walking onward while conquering their own fears. That is why we give the act of walking onward a special name. We call it 'courage'.
- Sit Upon the Frozen Heavens! Hyōrinmaru!!
- Bankai! Daiguren Hyōrinmaru!
- [to Gin Ichimaru] If you make Hinamori shed even one drop of blood, I'll kill you.
- No, not yet, now that you've made me this serious. Regret as much as you damn well want!!
- Dummy. I'm not gonna dwell on what happened forever. All that junk... it's the furthest thing on my mind. You should especially quit worrying about it and get some more sleep. Hurry up and get rid of your Panda eyes, got it?
- Stand back? [To Kira after Gin asked him to stand back] No, Kira...Run. Run until you're out of my sight, and keep running. Otherwise...I can't guarantee you won't get dragged into this and be killed.
- [to Momo, smiling slightly] How many times do I have to tell you? It's not Hitsugaya-kun, it's Hitsugaya-taichō.
- [To Ichigo after he calls him 'Tōshiro'] Bastard, you said that on purpose, didn't you?
- We are all like fireworks. We climb, shine, and always go our separate ways and become further apart. But even if that time comes, let's not disappear like a firework, and let's continue to shine...Forever.
- [to Luppi]Hyourinmaru is the strongest of all ice-type Zanpakutoes. Your weapon may have eight arms, but mine is all the water in the atmosphere! Sennen Hyourou!! [causes several pillars of ice to form, before using them to crush Luppi] Sorry. Eight wasn't enough.
- I didn't come here to fight! I came here to hack at you violently!
- I swear on the pride of the Quincy, I will kill you!
- Ah, Kurosaki. I'm glad to see you've finally realized the importance of a cape.
- [to an arrogant projectile-specialist Shinigami] Apparently, on this side, "ultimate master" means a windbag with diarrhea of the mouth.
- Calling me a coward, eh? At least say it so I can hear it...
- [lying about coming to save Rukia] Just passing by. No big deal.... Well, if you must know, I felt a sudden urge to go to Sunflower Seams, that 24-hour dressmaking shop. There's a branch near here. That's where I was headed at this late hour. I certainly didn't bring this bag with me just so I would have an excuse for suddenly leaving the house because I sensed the spirit energy of a shinigami, all right?
- [after Mayuri Kurotsuchi shows the picture of a vivisected Quincy, while mentioning how the man shouted his student's name while being experimented on] Do you want me to tell you the name you can't remember? The name of his student was Ishida...Uryu Ishida. This man is Soken Ishida, he was my teacher...As well as my grandfather!!
- [to Mayuri Kurotsuchi] It's a good thing Orihime isn't here. I wouldn't want her to see what I'm about to do to you.
- That's right...If I'm the first one here, I can save Kuchiki-san. Kurosaki must've wanted to rescue her himself...If I did it, he'd get really pissed...Heheheh...
- Seele Schneider isn't a sword. [strings the weapon on his bow] A Quincy's only weapons...Are bows and arrows. [fires the Seele Schneider]
- The right to choose life or death lies with the victor. And the victor of this battle is me.
- [to Renji] I assure you my gratitude is sincere.
- [to Szayel Aporro Grantz] Hasta aqui. It's over, Szayel Aporro Grantz. [detonates a massive attack, with Szayel Aporro right at the center]
- [to Yammy Rialgo, as the Espada grips the edge of a hole in the floor] Mala Suerte. I pity you. [shoots the floor just before Yammy's hand, causing him to fall] Oh, and I broke the pillars on every floor on the way up. So, you'll probably fall all the way to the bottom.
- [To Ulquiorra Cifer] I am calm. That's why I can fight you!
- [to Arrancar Gantenbainne Mosqueda] It seems that my power is more akin to yours than that of a Shinigami or a Quincy.
- I don't believe that an absolute power really exists in any world. Power is unstable. It changes constantly. Small differences will always appear, as one has between you and I. So the one who widens that gap will be the winner!
- [in reply to Shunsui Kyōraku] It's true, I know nothing about her (Rukia). It might not be quite enough for me to risk my own life over. But...Ichigo wants to save her. That's reason enough for me.
- I will defeat him. It may cost my life to do it. However, if I survive, I'll make a promise. The same promise as that time, on the same thing as that time.
- Ichigo...We can't...Watch any longer...Each other's backs...I just can't...I just can't help you out anymore.
- Can't you tell, Aizen? You no longer have a place to run away to.
- [to Ichigo] You shy, little boy.
- It's been a while... Byakuya-bo.
- In three days, I will make this boy stronger than you.
- Do you remember the first time you walked? No. So you weren't conscious of it. Then why did you walk? Everyone was born knowing how to walk. It's called instinct. That's what this boy reminds me of. He knows he can achieve bankai, so he continues.
- Are you sure you don't want to see this smooth skin of a young woman? This will be the last time....
- No matter how many times I do this, it results in a wonderful reaction from you, Ichigo!
- [thinking after Soifon asks why she didn't take her with her] You've gotten stronger since the last time we were together, Soifon.
- Kisuke and I used to play here when we were kids. We modeled the one under his shop after this one. It was our own secret playground.
- That's enough, Soifon. You remind me of myself. I even think of you sometimes as my little sister.
- [When she hops into the bath with Ichigo, but in cat form] What? Are you a little disappointed? Come on, be honest. You are, aren't you? You little pervert!
- Baraggan Luisenbarn: [To Hachigen Ushōda] Did you think that age could not touch Kidō? How ridiculous. Humans die. Animals die. Plants die. Even Soul Reapers die. And for everything that dies, there is age, too. If man-made things cease to be, then even Kidō, created by Soul Reapers, is no different. Kidō may last for a thousand years, but it cannot last forever. Even the word "forever" is meaningless as it was created by those who fear death.
- Baraggan Luisenbarn: [To Suì-Fēng and Hachigen Ushōda] Insects, insects, insects! Shinigami, humans, Hollows, Arrancar, all of their differences and strife, will, freedom, beasts, plants, the moon and stars and sun - all of it is meaningless! There is but one absolute in this world, and that is my power! Everything outside of that is as tiny and meaningless as an insect! It is only natural for I, wielder of the ultimate power over all, to hold dominion over the world!! Among a number of competing powers, equality can never be found. But observe! In these hollow eyes of mine, the lives you bear are no greater than those of mere ants!
- Baraggan Luisenbarn: [To Hachigen Ushōda while rotting] How dare you! Your insolence will lead to your destruction!
- Baraggan Luisenbarn: [His last words while dying] I will kill you! With my own hands! I will make you regret giving me power! I am the king! I am a god! I will never die! And I will hunt you for all eternity, Sōsuke Aizen! 
- Coyote Starrk: Why do I have to fight with a strong guy like this? I always envied the weak. Whenever we made friends, their souls would waste away just from being near us. Because we were so alone, we split our soul in two. I don't know which was our original form. Or perhaps, it was neither. But this was the only way we had to escape from our isolation. I so envied the weak. The weak can always find others to be around. I want to be weak. And if that's impossible, I at least want to find companions who are as strong as I.
- Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck: [to Nnoitra Gilga] There was a time when we ceased to be Human and became beasts. And then in becoming Arrancar, we regained our capacity for reason. One who possesses reason should require a reason to fight.
- Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck: [To Nnoitra Gilga] Carrying a weapon on your shoulder is threatening behaviour. If you truly wish to appear strong, hide your weapon as you walk.
- Nelliel Tu Odelschwanck: [To Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez] If you're going to pick a fight in the middle of a conflict, do so elsewhere. At any rate, I fail to see what gives you, the Sexta, any right to order me, the Tres, around.
- Nel: [To Orihime] Itsygo's out dere fightin' for you! Why're ya acting like yer afraid of Itysgo? Din't you say Itsygo's a nice person?! Well yer right! Nel tinks he's nice too! Itsygo's so nice, when he heard Ulquiorra say yer name, he charged right at 'im! Itsygo is a human! But den he became a Soul Reaper, an' even put on dat mask and used dat dangerous power! Dere's no way Itsygo isn't gettin' hurt! He's gotta be sufferin'! But Itsygo's usin' his powers and gettin' injured all cuz he's fightin' for you! What's-- What's gonna happen if ya don't cheer for Itsygo?! 
- Nnoitra Gilga: This is a battle, of course it's going to be unfair. That which is called battle was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. "I can't stand that guy..." "I can beat that guy..." "I can't forgive that guy..." We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy until one of you draws his last breath, you are in a battle. To come bursting into the middle of an enemy stronghold, have a great flashy battle like that and not expect someone to come after you...That's a bad joke, Soul Reaper.
- Nnoitra Gilga: Everyone dumps their pity on me. They have no idea how much that hurts me. It's like stomping on an open wound. There'll be no mercy from me. I don't care if they're strong, or weak, or a baby, or an animal! I'll kill anyone and everyone in one hit so they'll never stand up again! 
- Yammy Llargo: [To Ichigo] What's that look on your face for? Take a good look at my number. It's a zero. I'm the Cero Espada, Yammy Llargo. Ain't one of the Espada you've fought up until now that's stronger than me. Grimmjow, Nnoitra, an' Ulquiorra too. As far as I'm concerned, they're all just trash!!
- Yammy Llargo: [To Kenpachi and Byakuya] Now, go ahead. Get me more angrier... It'll only make your deaths all the more pathetic.
- Zommari Rureaux: You Shinigami cut us down as though it were simply the natural way of things! Do you truly think yourself gods?! Who exactly gave you the right to cut down the Hollows?! Is it because we feed upon the humans?! Why, then who gave you the right to protect those humans?! Nay! Nobody has granted you the right to undertake any of this!! You Shinigami label us as evil, and thoughtlessly slice us down purely because in your arrogance, you fancy yourselves to be the purveyors of some great 'justice' of your own making!
Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez (グリムジョー・ジャガージャック, Gurimujō Jagājakku)Edit
- Grind! Pantera!
- [to Ichigo] Don't forget my name, Soul Reaper, and you better pray that you never hear it again! Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez.....because the next time you hear my name, you'll be a dead man....I promise.
- [about Ulquiorra Cifer, after he takes out Ichigo] I'll teach him what happens when you steal someone else's prey.
- [to Ichigo] You're a Soul Reaper and I'm a Hollow. Whichever side loses will be massacred! It's been that way for over a thousand years! Who needs any more reason than that?! Now bring it! The last man standing gets to go home alive! That's all there is to it!
- [to Ichigo after becoming a Visored during battle in Hueco Mundo] That's more like it... Those eyes i hate those dammed eyes, AND THATS WHY YOU GOTTA DIE!
- [to Ichigo] I don't care if you're a human, a Soul Reaper or even a Hollow! I'll crush anybody who looks down on me! And you, Kurosaki, will be the first to go!
- [to Luppi before killing him] See you later, Former 6....!
- [To Orihime] I've repaid my debt to you. Now, you're gonna accompany me on a little errand.
- [About his Hollow group prior to them becoming Arancar as he eats pieces of them] You sicken me. You're all just a bunch of bloody cowards. Alright, I'll eat all of you. You'll see how it feels on the next level, as a part of my own flesh. I am... I am the king!
Tier Harribel (ティア・ハリベル, Tia Hariberu)Edit
- [To Apache, Mila-Rose, and Sun-Sun] Don't worry about it. This is the battle of an Espada in his Resurrección form. It's not unreasonable for you to be frightened. That's your primal fear. Value it.
- [About Ichigo and Grimmjow's battle] However, is the one he's fighting truly Human? I'd never think that this volume, concentration and catastrophic nature of his Reiatsu would be that of a Human's. It seems more like I'm watching a fight between two Espada.
- [To Tōshirō Hitsugaya] The moment you arrive at the idea that my water will become your weapon, you must also realize that the opposite may be possible as well. That is the iron law of battle.
- [To Tōshirō Hitsugaya] Our existence is built upon the noble sacrifices made. Instead, you fall in battle from trying to protect your subordinates. My subordinates were not simply defeated. They left behind markers for me, on how to carry on the fight. If I had lost, my subordinates' sacrifices would have all been for nothing. I hold within me the resolve of those who sacrificed their lives.
- No world is without sacrifices. But if we produce casualties, we would also sustain casualties of our own.
- [her thoughts after Aizen betrayed her] No world is without sacrifices. Doesn't he realize it? This sea of blood covered in ashes... we refer to this hell as the world.
Ulquiorra Cifer (ウルキオラ・シファー, Urukiora Shifā)Edit
- [to Orihime] That's right, girl. I have business with you. You can even regenerate injuries that extensive? Follow me, girl. Don't speak. You will say "yes." Reply any other way, I... won't kill "you." But I'll kill your "friends." Do not ask any questions. Do not say anything. You have no rights. What you hold in your hand is the rope to the guillotine above your friends' necks. Nothing more. Understand, girl. This is not a negotiation, it's an order. Aizen desires your powers. I've been instructed to bring you back unharmed. I'm only going to say it once more. Come with me.
- Therefore let me inform you...All of your dreams are to be thrown away.
- Imprison, Murcielago.
- [To Orihime, when she refuses to eat] Shall I force it down your throat? Or would you rather be strapped down and given IV's?
- And it seems you've acquired a new power. However, is that all you are capable of achieving with it? This is the end. You will no longer interfere. The sun has already set in our hands.
- I was not capable of stopping it even while using both hands. That surprised me a little. Was that your full power? Well, it seems to be. Disappointing.
- Ichigo Kurosaki, you have no chance of defeating me. Even if you somehow manage to defeat me, there will be three more powerful than myself for you to fight. It doesn't matter if you stand up again a thousand times. The road to victory does not exist.
- It seems I have overestimated you quite a bit. Your evolution did not even satisfy my expectations. This is the end.
- [To Orihime] What would you have me say? 'Don't worry, I'm sure he's still alive'? Ridiculous. I am not here to comfort you. I don't understand: why are you so fixated on life and death? At any rate, your friends will soon be annihilated. So what if that's one step closer? They should have seen this coming from the start. If they couldn't see it coming, the fault lies in their own foolishness. Laughing them off as a group of idiots would be sufficient. Why can't you do that? If it were me, and my friends entered Hueco Mundo without first gauging their strength, I'd be infuriated by their stupidity.
- [To Yammy] They're all trash... Kill them all.
- [To Orihime] Hearts, you say? You Humans are always so quick to speak of such things. As though you carry your hearts in the very palms of your hands. But this eye of mine perceives all. There is nothing that it overlooks. If this eye cannot see a thing, then it does not exist. That is the assumption under which I have always fought. What is this "heart"? If I tear open that chest of yours, will I see it there? If I smash open that skull of yours, will I see it there?
- [To Ichigo] Oho. So you can withstand my Cero even without your mask...You've gotten stronger. Is it because you defeated Grimmjow? Or...Is it because of her? [Motions to Orihime] Or maybe because of your friends, still fighting down below. That girl is already one of us. Even if you manage to rescue her, that won't change. Rescuing her...Is meaningless.
- [Displaying his Ressurection power] Do not lose your composure, do not break your stance, stretch out your awareness, and do not let your guard down for even a second.
- [Assuming his Segunda Etapa form] Ichigo Kurosaki, those are the words of someone who does not know despair. If you do not know it, then I shall enlighten you. This is the form of true despair.
- [When Ichigo refuses to give up] I'm telling you it's pointless!
- [To Ichigo] No matter how similar your appearance and techniques may be to those of an Arrancar, their power is as far apart as heaven and earth. When a Soul Reaper or Human wishes to gain power, imitating Hollows is an appropriate course of action. However, because they are imitating, Humans will never be equal to Hollows.
- You are a fool, Ichigo Kurosaki. You challenge an opponent whose strength terrifies you and think that you can win. It is beyond my comprehension. If it is due to what you Humans call a 'heart', it is because of that heart that you suffer injuries and it is because of that heart that you will lose your life.
- [To Orihime] You're just in time. Watch closely. This is the moment that the man you've put your hope in will lose his life.
- [To Orihime] Am I frightening... woman?
- [To Hollow Ichigo, who's about to fire a point-blank Cero]...I see. No mercy? How very Hollow like. I don't mind, I have lost to you. I no longer have any meaning. DO IT.
- [While dying, to Ichigo] Kill me. Make it quick. I no longer have the strength left in me to even walk. If you do not cut me down now, then this will go unsettled for eternity.
- [Final Words] I see. This...Yes...This thing in my hand is the heart?
- Askin Nakk Le Vaar: You took me lightly, didn't you? The way I speak, the way I act... I seem like a worthless underling, even I know it. But you know, I don't think I really mind. It used to bug me something awful, but lately, I've come around to thinking that it's actually one of my good points. That's what I tell myself, anyway. Think I'm gloomy, do ya? Well, that's just what's so fatal about me. 
- Askin Nakk Le Vaar: [to Yoruichi] Haven't you ever heard of a thing called delicacy? It's about defeating my enemies in my own style. My style of fighting is to rely entirely upon lethal doses. Walking up and strangling people sounds like a job better left to ladies like yourself and Bambi.
- Askin Nakk Le Vaar: [to Kisuke Urahara] It's true that loyalty isn't everything to me. I just have a personal interest in His Majesty. Does that make it sound like I'm looking down on him? That's not my intention, of course. The Human World. Hueco Mundo. Soul Society. The guy's trying to destroy three whole worlds and create something new in their wake. Is there any other man who can claim that? If I were to let His Majesty get away, do you think I'd ever find another man like that again? Kisuke Urahara. You're a knowledgeable guy. You look like you've seen everything this world has to offer. So I ask you: don't you feel it too? Aren't you curious to see what His Majesty is going to create once he's destroyed three entire worlds?
- Askin Nakk Le Vaar: [to Kisuke Urahara and Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez, while dying] I'd love to spare you out of respect, but even I can't do anything about this... Neither of you have the strength left to run, do you? I'm real sorry...though I guess, considering who I'm dealing with, you'll probably get out of this somehow, huh? Jeez...wouldn't want to make a fool of myself... So just this once, I won't call this a 'lethal' situation...
- Äs Nödt: Fear can be overcome. This is what experienced fighters tend to believe. "Fear with a reason" is gentle. You can stop it with experience and with your willpower. If you know the reason you can wipe it away by eliminating the source. But real fear doesn't have a reason. Because it's not a feeling, it's instinct. Real fear has no reason and no limit. It's like a horde of bugs crawling up your body. We cannot escape our instinct. 
- Äs Nödt: All human beings have things that cause them to feel comfort, and things that cause them to feel fear. When they enter a place that causes them comfort, if questioned as to why they feel comfortable there, they cannot form a clear answer, merely saying things such as 'because I do'. But when they enter a place that causes them fear, even the dullest of fools can identify the causes of that fear. Darkness, cold, height, confinement, pain, contamination. People can list any number of reasons to be afraid. This is because at the most fundamental level, 'comfort' leads to 'life', whilst 'fear' leads to 'death'. While people cannot give a clear answer why they want to live, they can give any number of answers why they do not wish to die. This does not only apply to sentient beings with emotions. It is in the nature of all life to avoid death, and therefore, to avoid 'fear'. All living beings go through life for the purpose of evading fear. It is to better escape fear that they train themselves. It is to better escape fear that they grow and evolve. Thus, it is impossible to be unaffected by fear as long as you are alive. 
- Bambietta Basterbine: [To Sajin Komamura] The whole point of fighting is that you don't want to die! That you'll be killed if you lose! If you throw your life away in battle, where's the point in winning?!! 
- BG9: Life? I had none to begin with.
- Gerard Valkyrie: At what point did I say this would be a one-on-one fight? In a fair duel, not even a miracle would allow you to defeat me! Come at me together!
- Gerard Valkyrie: Do you know when the phenomenon known as a “miracle” occurs? If a miracle were to occur at an ordinary moment nobody would think of it as such. 'Oh, hey.' 'You were pretty lucky there.' 'Strange things do happen.' That’s all they’d think.
- Giselle Gewelle: It was pretty tough, you know? Turning Bambi-chan into a zombie. With fellow Quincy, I can't do it until they're already dead, so I actually had to finish her off myself! I remember Bambi-chan's face when I did it. That face...made me so wet...
- Gremmy Thoumeaux: The most powerful force in this world is "imagination". Anything I imagine, anything at all, becomes reality.
- Gremmy Thoumeaux: So, shall we begin? Come and try to attack me, Kenpachi Zaraki. I won't insult you by trying to stop you with a single finger. No, I won't even raise any fingers against you. I'll take your life using my mind alone.
- Jugram Haschwalth: [to Uryū] His Majesty and I are two sides of a balanced scale. While His Majesty returns to being the Father of the Quincy, I take up the mask of the ruler in his stead. His Majesty and I are connected.
- Jugram Haschwalth: [to Uryū] What is that look in your eyes? Do you regret your actions? It is too late for that. I daresay you accepted our invitation in the hope of avenging your mother's death. But there is no longer any way for you to turn back. All who have been granted a piece of His Majesty's soul have their power absorbed by His Majesty upon their deaths. And what is more, in the earlier battle, His Majesty has already scattered fragments of his own soul across all of Seireitei. This battle is a battle for His Majesty. Not only we of the Sternritter, but also any Shinigami who have come into contact with His Majesty’s soul will give up their own souls as offerings to His Majesty upon their deaths. No matter who perishes in this battle, it will only serve to bolster His Majesty's strength and to extend His Majesty’s life. To His Majesty, battle is life itself. If he does not continue to absorb souls, eventually, he will return to the body he once had, unable to see, to hear, or even to move. His Majesty will never cease to do battle. There can be no escape. Both you and I must live for His Majesty and die for His Majesty.
- Lille Barro: It is the way of the world that those creatures which break away from the group are the first to die.
- Lille Barro: [To Shunsui Kyōraku] Do you believe this fight to be over? Do you think you can kill me? As if the Bankai of a mere Shinigami would be able to take my life!
- Lille Barro: [To Shunsui Kyōraku] This is despair, Shunsui Kyōraku. Your weapons could not kill me. Even slicing my head clean off with Reiatsu could not kill me. Sinners such as yourself look on this form and see despair. I am immortal. I am invincible. I am an envoy of God, with privileges befitting of such. Faced with an envoy of God, there is nothing a sinner can hope to achieve!
- Mask De Masculine: [To Renji Abarai] You are the villain who I sent flying before with my Star Drop Kick, are you not? A superstar cannot afford to remember every last villain he defeats, so I had forgotten until this moment! 
- Mask De Masculine: [To Renji Abarai] Very dangerous, villain. That Bankai is dangerous. To think that it could block the greatest attack in this star's arsenal...truly, I cannot allow you to live! My heart has now begun to blaze with furious flames - flames of justice, that will not rest until you lie defeated!
- Mask De Masculine: [To Renji Abarai, after Renji crushed Mask's hand] Damn you to hell, you piece of shit! How dare you break the left arm of a star?! I won't forgive you for that, you pathetic piece of scum! Forget justice, forget evil, I don't care about that crap! I'm gonna murder you!
- Quilge Opie: [To Ichigo Kurosaki] You said that my form is eerie. That's the correct reaction. To the eyes of a treacherous Shinigami, our appearance of holy executioners should look absolutely horrifying and eerie!
- Quilge Opie: [To Orihime and Chad] Each time I witness my victims struggling in vain the same thought occurs to me anew. "Can the death of the weak truly be so wretched a sight?" It pains me to watch. Hurry and die.
- Robert Accutrone: [To Shunsui Kyōraku] Good indeed. It is quite pleasing that your drive to fight has increased. That is beyond doubt. However, you are all quite mistaken about one thing. Your boss will fall before our boss. After all...you aren't the only ones to get fired up by your boss' battle! 
- Robert Accutrone: [To Liltotto and Giselle] You're completely oblivious! We're finished! We have been deemed 'unnecessary' for this oncoming battle! Newcomers like you lot truly have no idea of the terrors his majesty is capable of! The Sternritter exist for the sake of his majesty! His majesty despises lies. There is not an ounce of falsity in the reason for your existence. Sternritter who are deemed unnecessary become fodder for his majesty's Auswählen!
- PePe Waccabrada: By its very nature, conflict is always a sorrowful thing. And that's because it has 'love' at its heart! Conflict is what occurs when what two men hold different beliefs about what is right, right? Wrong. Conflict is brought about by love, and love alone! Love for one's wife. Love for one's child. Love for one's parents. Love for one's friend. Love for one's master. Love for one's god. Faith is love. Conviction is love. Even attachment to physical things is love! Without love, there can be no conflict! That is why conflict is so sad, and that is why conflict is so beautiful!
Yhwach (ユーハバッハ, Yūhabahha)Edit
- [To Yamamoto] The original Gotei 13 that you established were 'defenders' in name only. They were nothing less than a brutal mob of killers. But that is precisely why they were a force to be feared. And you, Shigekuni Yamamoto, standing at the head of that group, were a true demon of the sword. You used whatever means available to defeat your enemies, and the deaths of others, even your own subordinates, carried no more weight to you than a speck of ash. But that all changed when you exterminated the Quincy. You had won for yourselves a world of peace. You found things that you desired to protect, to treasure, and in doing so, you became a group of weaklings, ready to hesitate in the name of your meaningless justice or pride. Allow me to tell you what you have failed to realize until the day of your death. Soul Society will die here today. But the Gotei 13 died with us, a thousand years ago.
- [To Uryū] It pleases me that you are not such a fool as to simply accept this decision unquestioningly. However, your judgement is lacking. The reason why I have appointed you as my successor should be simple enough to deduce. You do not see? Then let me ask you this. Uryū. Why are you alive right now? It seems you are quick to understand. Nine years ago, when I carried out my 'Auswählen', all living Gemischt Quincy breathed their last. All but you. You are the only Quincy in all of history to survive my Auswählen. This is why I referred to you as the 'final Quincy to survive in this world'. There is something you possess that surpasses even my own power. That is why I chose to name you as my successor. Understand your place, Uryū. There is no need for doubt. You need only come with me. 
- [To Uryū and Haschwalth] The sealed King of the Quincy. Over 900 years, he shall recover his heartbeat. Over 90 years, he shall recover his intellect. Over nine years, he shall recover his power. And over nine days, he shall recover the world. Let us go forth. Uryū. Haschwalth. These nine days will be the end of this world. 
- [To Ichibē Hyōsube] How do I feel, you ask? Do I look like I am in poor spirits? Division Zero reign supreme over all other Shinigami, and even you, their leader, fear my power so greatly that you saw fit to strip me of half of it. Could anything be more satisfying? However, I am afraid you may be disappointed. For even that half of my power which you have stripped away, I can quite easily grant to myself once more. If you cannot understand it, then allow me to explain. Nobody can take anything away from me, even with the power you hold, Hyōsube Ichibē. If you were unaware, then it is time for you to learn. Everything in this world exists to be taken by me! 
- [To Ichigo Kurosaki] Why do you speak of 'stopping' me? What am I to you? Am I not your mortal enemy? You stand before the man who killed your mother, and you cannot even say you will 'kill' him. That is your weakness. 
- [Regarding his dream of Ichigo killing him] Such a wonderful dream. The nightmarish ones are always the most enjoyable.
- [To Ichigo] You speak of your mother. Surely you are more of a man than that, Ichigo! What point is there in grieving her death? She died because it was her time. Her life served its purpose - to give birth to you, and then become my nourishment. Why does this displease you? What greater happiness could she possibly have hoped for? 
- [To Ichigo]) The future is not a single, straight path stretching out from the past. The future is like countless grains of sand scattered outward from the present. Though they may seem utterly different, each one of those countless grains is a future. To put it another way, each grain represents one of countless 'possibilities'. Ichigo. I enjoy speaking of 'hope'. 'The future can be changed.' That is most certainly true. A wonderful truth, rich with hope. 'You can evolve in the course of battle.' True enough. That, too, is a truth filled with hope. However, to 'change the future' is merely to shift from one of those grains of sand to another in the vast, scattered cloud. And I have the ability to gaze down upon all of those grains from on high.
- [To Ichigo; while dying] The path has now closed. Ichigo. The path to a world without fear. The Human World, Soul Society, Hueco Mundo. They belong together as one. They should have been brought together, that life and death may mingle as one. But now that path exists no longer. All thanks to you, Ichigo. How disappointing. Because of you, life and death will not lose their form. All living things will continue to live their lives in fear of death...for all eternity.
Royal Guard (王属特務, Ōzokutokumu)Edit
- Ichibē Hyōsube: [To Yhwach] Dear me, dear me... I tell you not to say my name, and you say it again. I send you to go and cool your head, and you come right back. Though you may have a few years under your belt, you're still a proper cheeky little brat, aren't you? If you can't do as you're told, I suppose there's nothing else for it. I'll just kill you. 
- Ichibē Hyōsube: [To Yhwach] Tell me, how does it feel to be utterly crushed by a chief of the Shinigami you so despise? 
- Ichibē Hyōsube: [To Yhwach] Dear me. You don't seem to appreciate others' kindness. It was for the sake of protecting your dignity that I went to the trouble of halving your strength. If I were to strike you down at your full potential, how could your precious Quincy underlings ever respect you again?! Though of course, I suppose you don't need any dignity when you're dead! 
- Ōetsu Nimaiya: [To Ichigo and Renji] Don't get it? Can't blame ya. How you fight? How you attack? No, no, no. What's wrong? It's all wrong! You've used your Zanpakutō as tools? Treated them like subordinates? Relied on them like partners? As family? As friends? Role models? Students? Pets? Acquaintances? Sweethearts? Lovers? Don't make me sick!!! That's what these guys are tryin' to tell you. You're looking at things completely the wrong way. Which is superior, the Zanpakutō or the Shinigami? Let's think about that to start with, yeah?!! 
- Senjumaru Shutara: [To Nianzol Weizol] Swift work is my biggest selling point, you understand. Do not underestimate the name of Senjumaru. 
- Tenjirō Kirinji: [To Suì-Fēng] The Royal Guard's duty is to protect the Soul King Palace, and the Gotei 13 is to protect Soul Society. As someone who bears the name of Gotei, don't go crying to us about how help didn't come just because you couldn't do anything. It's already bad enough you're a disgrace to that title! 
- [to Riruka] All throughout history... Be it royals or samurai or whatever... This world has always been ruled by minorities! You're not the ones in the wrong. It's this world that's become too lenient towards idiots. It's time we changed all that. This time, we're gonna be the ones at the top of the food chain. 
- Why? I will crush the Soul Reapers who betrayed me! You were supposed to tell me that that was wrong. Won't you... even give me that? Why? Those eyes... are the eyes of someone who is trying to understand me! To stand where I stand... and stay by me shoulder to shoulder! Will you- after all of that... still deny everything that I am!? Ichigo? 
- [Final words] Ichigo. If you had become a Substitute Soul Reaper before me, would our point of view be the opposite now? Would you have become... like me? 
- Chōjirō Sasakibe: [To Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto] As a member of your school, I would only be able to imitate you. The role of a right-hand man should be to compensate for those areas which you cannot address! 
- Dordonii Alessandro del Socacchio: Leave the chocolate here and become a demon, niño. Just as strong as a demon, and just as wicked. You must realize that...The only way to stand up to the coldhearted is to become the coldhearted yourself. Because if you don´t, niño...
- Gantenbainne Mosqueda: [said before he uses a deadly energy attack] Dios, ruegos nos perdone. [translation: "God, please forgive us."]
- Ganju Shiba: There ain't a single coward who'd turn tail and run from just that! Not among the men of the Shiba clan!
- Hachigen Ushōda: It doesn't matter how it should be. What matters is how you want it to be.
- Isshin Kurosaki: [to a distraught Ichigo] You just gonna sit there and cry to yourself that you failed to protect everyone again?! Think about what it means that Aizen is heading for the Karakura Town in Soul Society. If you don't go, then people you want to protect, and plenty of others besides, every last person in all of Karakura Town is going to die at Aizen's hands.
- Izuru Kira: Battle is not a stage for empty heroics and nor is it something to take pleasure in. Battle is filled with despair. Dark, terrifying. That is the way that it should be. That way, people learn to fear battle and to choose the path of non-violence where possible.
- Jinta Hanakari: The uniform of a Soul Reaper and a mask... Is it a Hollow or a Soul Reaper!?
- Kaname Tōsen: I told you, Komamura...The only thing my eyes see is the path with the least bloodshed. Justice is always in that path. The path I chose to walk...Was justice.
- Kaien Shiba: [To Rukia Kuchiki] Remember that as long as you're in my division, I will stand by you even if I die.
- Kaien Shiba: [To Rukia Kuchiki] Whenever you fight from this point on, there is one thing that you must never do. And that is to die alone. Our bodies are composed entirely from Reishi. If we die, our bodies will disintegrate and become part of the reishi that makes up Soul Society. And when that time comes, where will your heart go? Your heart will be passed on to your friends. If you pass it on to your friends, then your heart will always live on within them. Kuchiki, that's why you must never, ever, ever die alone.
- Karin Kurosaki: [about ghosts] Just seeing them doesn't make me believe in them....
- Katen Kyōkotsu: [To Shunsui Kyōraku] Mean I may be, but I am your sword, your companion, choking back her own desires, sworn to be by your side until the end.
- Keigo Asano: Wh...What!? Shinigami!? Shinigami, a God of Death? Just what the hell are you talking about...!?
- Nanao Ise: [To Haschwalth] It was a mistake to leave traces of your Reiatsu all over the Seireitei in your previous attack. You were practically asking us to devise a way to counteract it.
- Marechiyo Ōmaeda: [To Mareyo Ōmaeda] Mareyo. You're a smart girl, so you should understand. I'm not leaving you behind because I want you to be scared. I have to protect you. To protect Saburō and our big sister and our father and our mother. To protect Gondawara-san and Kanemitsu-san next door. And of course, to protect Seireitei. That's why I have to go. All right? Because your brother is a soldier of the Gotei 13.
- Masaki Kurosaki: [To Ryūken Ishida] You know, the fact that before acting you think about aunt, Quincy, the future, and many other things is something that I really like about you. But I'm not you. To me, "caring about myself" means to do everything in my power, every day. If today I don't do what I can because of some custom and someone dies because of it, I won't be able to forgive myself tomorrow.
- Retsu "Yachiru" Unohana: [Thinking about Kenpachi Zaraki] I'm strong. Stronger than anyone but you. That's why... I will kill you. A hundred, a thousand times. That's why... I will heal you. Over and over again. Until you return to be your old self. And... Surpass me... To go higher and higher... Come. 
- Riruka Dokugamine: [Upon seeing Ichigo for the first time] Oh my God, he's hot!
- Riruka Dokugamine: [To Rukia Kuchiki] If you ask anyone to name a universal rule that governs animals and humans alike, I bet you most people would answer "survival of the fittest". There are strong people and there are weak people. At a glance, it looks like the difference is pretty clear-cut. But the truth is, there's a lot more to it than just a simple battle of "strong" against "weak", of kill or be killed. You must understand what I'm talking about too, right? The true meaning of "survival of the fittest" isn't as simple as all that. 
- Rōjūrō "Rose" Ōtoribashi: They say that uniting before a common enemy is one of humanity's evil traits. But that's not true. It's not an evil trait; it's the survival instinct of a living creature. As a matter of fact, it's those times when the "spiritual union" is at its most- [Gets smacked on the head by Love]
- Rōjūrō "Rose" Ōtoribashi: [To Mask De Masculine] Kinshara Butōdan is a dance troupe of death. The payment for their performance is your life.
- Rōjūrō "Rose" Ōtoribashi: [To Mask De Masculine] My techniques are indeed tricks. However, it is always trickery that captures the hearts of the public. I'll tell you what my Zanpakutō controls - 'music'. Its deceptive melodies resound in your ears and give me power over your very heart. If my deceptions capture your heart, they can burn your body, and even stop your breath. Now. Let us finish with a dance I'm sure will suit you wonderfully.
- Shinji Hirako: Correct! A Zanpakutō...And a Hollow's mask. Do you get it yet? I'm a Soul Reaper who has crossed over into the domain of the Hollows. So...Let's be friends. I'm a Vizard, one of the Masked Army...The same as you, Ichigo. Join us. You don't belong with them.
- Shinji Hirako: If you're gonna keep breaking things every time I dodge your attacks, then I'm gonna start feeling bad for dodging 'em.
- Shinji Hirako: [to Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto] The answer to that is obvious. Absolutely not. We are not your allies. We are enemies of Aizen. And allies of Ichigo.
- Shinji Hirako: [To Komamura] Are you sure it's alright to be helping out a strange lot like us? Although as far as appearance go, you're plenty strange yourself.
- Shinji Hirako: [To Aizen] Can you fight when up and down, left and right, front and back, and the direction you take damage from are all mixed up inside your head? No, you can't. Nobody can. The stronger you are the more used you are to combat, the more likely your body is to react only to what you see!!
- Shūhei Hisagi: He who doesn't fear his own sword...Is not worthy to hold it.
- Sōken Ishida: Be it Human or Shinigami, seeing a sad face is unbearable to me.
- Tatsuki Arisawa: [to Orihime] Then he's walked you to a place where nobody is around pull him into a dark place and... TAKE HIM DOWN!!!! [Orihime: TATSUKI!!] Actually, you could just shove those magnificant boobs in his face and let him attack you! Then it's all your fault!
- Tatsuki Arisawa: C'mon, what's wrong!? None of you guys are a match for me!! BRING ON STRONGER GUYS!!
- Yachiru Kusajishi: [to Ichigo] Try to stay alive, okay? That way, you and Kenny can play again some day!
- Yachiru Kusajishi: [thinking to self about her past, and when she first met Kenpachi] I had no name. I had no parents. I was from District 79, "Kusajishi", of the North Alley of Rukongai. I had never seen anything in colors other than the bloody red...Everyone was more beast than human. It wouldn't have been strange to have a baby get stepped on and die. But then you appeared. From District 80, "Zaraki", of the North Alley of Rukongai. You appeared to me from even deeper in the darkness. You demolished the chaotic world that was dyed in blood...And then, you gave me a name. If it wasn't for you...I wouldn't be alive today. Yes...Since that day...You've been everything to me in this world. We'll get stronger, Ken-chan. Together, let's get stronger. I know that Ken-chan is the best. So let's get stronger! You and me together. 
- Yūshirō Shihōin: [To Askin] Of course I'm strong! I am the 23rd head of the House of Shihōin, Yūshirō Sakimune Shihōin! How could a mere Quincy hope to best me?!
- Ichigo: Bankai!! [Ichigo unleashes his final release] Tensa Zangetsu.
- Byakuya: What is that? Are you saying that this small thing is a bankai? Isn't it just the sealed form of your zanpakutō? I see. First the execution, and now Bankai. I can see that you enjoy treading on our pride. Very well, then. I will carve into your body...The punishment for injuring our pride! [Byakuya tries to attack Ichigo, but Ichigo's Bankai allows him to move much faster than before. Ichigo appears right in front of Byakuya, holding Tensa Zangetsu at Byakuya's throat] What...!?
- Ichigo: "Our pride?" It seems that your "pride" is connected to killing Rukia. In that case...Then treading on your pride...Is the reason I achieved Bankai!!
- Zangetsu: What are you doing?
- Ichigo: That guy...
- Zangetsu: Why do you run, Ichigo? You still have not called on me. Face forward, Ichigo. You should be able to hear it now. That which blocks your ears is worthless fear. The enemy is one -- You are one. What is there to fear? Cast off your fear! Look forward! Go forward! Never stand still. Retreat, and you will age. Hesitate, and you will die. Shout! My name is...!!
- Ichigo: Zangetsu!!
- [Ichigo has been given a debilitating blow from Kenpachi Zaraki]
- [As Kenpachi walks away, time freezes and Zangetsu's spirit appears]
- Zangetsu: Do you want to fight? [Ichigo does not respond] To fight...Or to live...Choose.
- Ichigo: ...Want to win...
- [Ichigo begins gripping his weapon tighter]
- Zangetsu: I can't hear you.
- Ichigo: It's pointless to just fight...It's pointless to just live...I want to win...! I WANT TO WIN!!
- Zangetsu: ...Very well.[Zangetsu kneels down, placing a hand on Ichigo's back as the blackness of his coat spreads and surrounds the two]: I'll take you there!
- Byakuya: Did you think you could escape me with such a slow flash step?
- Yoruichi: Did you think you could capture me with such a predictable flash step?
- Ichimaru: [In a flashback] You could have held on a little longer... Sorry.
- Matsumoto: [Thinking] That's what I hate about you. [Sighs] What a fool.
- Urahara: [motions in a similar way to putting on a headband] You put it on like this! Put it on your forehead like so...And yell from the top of the lungs... "TAKE THIS!! THE POWER OF JUSTICE!! JUSTICE ARMOR!! JUSTICE HACHIMAKI! ATTACK!!"
- Ichigo: O...Okay, I get it. Put it on the forehead like this...LIKE HELL I'LL DO THAT!! [Dodges an attack] AAACK!
- Urahara: See? Now isn't the time to be embarrassed, right?
- Ichigo: DON'T ACT LIKE THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!! Damn it, guess I have no choice...[puts on headgear] TAKE THIS!! THE POWER OF JUSTICE!! JUSTICE ARMOR!! JUSTICE HACHIMAKI!! ATTACK!!
- Urahara: Wow...! You actually did it...!
- Ichigo: You BASTARD!!
- [Ichigo explains why he's fighting hollows.]
- Ichigo: But now isn't the time for saying that. We've got no choice but to team up. What do you have to say?
- Uryū: Man, oh, man. I was wondering when you were going to shut up. But I understand completely. If we don't both survive this, we won't have each other to beat up.
- Ichigo: Hell yeah!!
- [After Ichigo fails to harm the Menos Grande by attacking its leg]
- Uryū: What the hell were you thinking? How did you intend to beat it with that attack!?
- Ichigo: Well, I thought if I cut it away piece by piece from the feet up, the head would come down.
- Uryū: That's like some kid's game!! For god's sake, your brain must've been constructed unbelievably wrong.
- Ichigo: You aren't going to ask me anything?
- Rukia: Would you answer me if I did?
- Ichigo: ...
- Rukia: It's your business. It's a deep, jagged wound. I don't know how to ask about it, without dredging up your pain and reopening that wound. I don't know what to say, so I'll wait. When you feel like talking... when you're ready to tell me, I'll listen. I'll just wait until then.
- Ichigo: Thanks, Rukia.
- Ukitake: But what of his pride? If you help him now, you will probably save his life, but at the same time you will have eternally murdered his pride.
- Rukia: What is pride compared to life!?
- Ukitake: Rukia, remember this well. There are but two types of fights. Whenever we go into battle, it must be one of the two —— The fight to protect life, or the fight to protect pride!
- Zaraki Kenpachi: [After Ichigo powers up near the end of their first fight] We've come this far and your spiritual power still goes up. Nice.
- Ichigo: It'll go up, yeah. I'm borrowing Zangetsu's power and fighting together with him.
- Zaraki: Zangetsu? That the name of your zanpakutō? Borrowing your zanpakutō's power and fighting together with it...That's bullshit. Zanpakutō are tools for fighting. "Fighting together with my zanpakutō" is a line for some sickly loser bitch who can't fight with his own damn skills! [Powers up] IT AIN'T A LINE FOR YOU OR ME, ICHIGO!!
- Byakuya: You...Since when have you been able to use Bankai?
- Renji: You'll never know, 'cause you never did give a damn about your subordinates.
- Renji: I swore...I swore that I'd save her...
- Byakuya: You...swore? To whom?
- Renji: No one... [Renji and Ichigo in unison] I just swore...To my soul!!!
- Byakuya: You have done well to endure this far. But you feel it, do you not? Those flesh and bones are already dying. In the end, you are just a human. No matter how much you endure, there is a limit. This is your limit. It is over, Kurosaki Ichigo. [Raises his sword to deliver the final blow]
- Ichigo: [Thinking] Move....Move, dammit, move! Move...Move! Why the hell did I come this far!? If I don't win...I can't change anything! I wanna win....I...Wanna win!!
- Hollow Ichigo: Tch.
[As Byakuya's sword swings down to slay Ichigo, a hand suddenly jets out, stopping the blade]
- Hollow Ichigo: I told you, didn't I? That if you die, it'll be trouble for me, too.
- Byakuya: Impossible...Who are you!?
- Hollow Ichigo: "Who am I?" HAH!! I ain't got a name!!
- Soifon: This is a fighting style for war that combines hakuda and kidō. I created it. Be proud...This technique was completed just the other day. You will be the first person it's tested out on during real battle. After all, I haven't even given it a name yet...
- Yoruichi: [powering up] No. It has a name.
- Soifon: What did you say?
- Yoruichi: It's called "Shunkō."
- Soifon: What are you saying...!?
- Yoruichi: Be careful, Soifon...I can't control this technique very well yet! [lets loose with a Shunkō explosion]
- [the back and sleeves of Yoruichi's outfit are obliterated]
- Yoruichi: Soi Fon...Do you know...Why the uniform of the Head of the Special Forces has no sleeves or back?
- Soi Fon: ...!!
- Yoruichi: The reason is simple. The sheer energy released from the use of Shunko would destroy the sleeves and back anyway.
- Renji: We ain't going back. We're going to stay here until the fight with the Arrancar is over.
- Ichigo: Well, where are you gonna sleep? [Everyone stares at him] And before you ask, there's not enough room in my house for all of you!
- Rangiku: Ehhhh!? Not even for me?
- Ichigo: Well normally you'd be the last person I'd let in here! Besides, I don't even get why you'd think it'd be okay for you to stay here!
- Rangiku: Umm.... [Unbuttons her shirt]
- Ichigo: What are you doing?! You can't stay here even if you unbutton your shirt!
[Rangiku stares at Ichigo, then slightly lifts up her skirt]
- Ichigo: You can't stay here even if you lift up your skirt a little! [Shields his eyes, but one eye is still glancing via a gap in his fingers] Damn it! Seduction like that isn't going to work on me! I'm definitely not that type of guy!!
- Rukia: Then how about closing that gap in between your fingers?
- Ulquiorra: Your nakama have invaded Hueco Mundo.
- Orihime: Why...?
- Ulquiorra: Why else? To rescue you. To them, no other reason is necessary.
- Kaien: Where do you think the heart lies?
- Rukia: [Scratches her head] Um, well...It's probably...Here, isn't it? [Places hand over chest]
- Kaien: [Smiles] You see, I think the "heart" lies...Right here. [Holds up his fist up in front of Rukia]
- ["Kenpachi" attacks Ichigo in a vision while Ichigo is suppressing his inner hollow.]
- Ichigo: What the hell!? Cut it out! We finished our fight a long time ago!!
- Kenpachi: ...Finished? It'll never be finished. A battle's not like some stupid argument. As long as someone's still breathing, the fight isn't over.
- Ichigo: I don't have any reason to fight you!
- Kenpachi: You want a reason...For fighting? Why don't you just accept it already, Ichigo? You seek out the fights. You desire the power. Isn't that right, Ichigo? Everyone who searches for power without exception searches for battle! Do you fight in order to become more powerful? Or do you want more power in order to fight? I can't tell you that. The only thing I know for sure is that guys like us were born this way! We were born to fight, Ichigo!! Your instincts will keep leading you towards new battles. It's the only way you have. The only way to become stronger. Fight, Ichigo! If you want the power to control your enemy, take that sword in your hand and cut him down! That's your only option! That's the only road that continues in front of you, and the only road that remains behind you!
[Kaname Tosen is in a room with several screens, monitoring Ichigo and company's progress through Las Noches]
- Gin: That's a slightly disturbing hobby you have there, Tosen-san.
- Tosen: Unthinkable. Their movements interested you, so you came to watch, right? Ichimaru.
- Gin: That's not it. I was just kidding, you don't need to make such a scary face...
[Gin tries to walk into the room, but Wonderweiss Margera, who has been sitting beside the door, suddenly grabs his wrist, stopping him]
- Gin: Tosen-san, what's with this little one?
- Tosen: Wonderweiss!
- Wonderweiss: ...Uuhh...
- Gin: Looks like the problem child is quite fond of you.
- Tosen: Pure beings are always drawn to each other. Although, I am not quite sure where his purity lies yet.
- Gin: Interesting. Him not liking me makes more sense now.
- Tosen: To be honest, I believe any intelligent person would be wary of you.
- Luppi: Saying our whole battle was just for the sake of bringing that woman back here...I can't accept that...
- Aizen: Do excuse me. After all, I didn't expect you to get torn up this badly.
- Luppi: What're you trying to pull...Grimmjow?!
- Grimmjow: (grinning)...Ehhh?
[Grimmjow runs his hand through Luppi's gut]
- Luppi: G...Grimmjow, you bastard...!!
- Grimmjow: Damn straight. Later, "former" Sexta! [blows off Luppi's upper body with a Cero before erupting into maniacal laughter]
- Orihime: DON'T DIE!! Kurosaki-kun! I don't mind if you don't win...You don't even have to try...So please...Don't get yourself hurt any more...
- Ichigo:(Blocks Grimmjow's attack with just one hand) Sorry 'bout this, Grimmjow. It looks like...I can't afford to let you hurt me anymore. [delivers a devastating slash to Grimmjow]
- Shinji Hirako: So, it was you after all...
- Sosuke Aizen: You suspected? I should have expected as much.
- Shinji Hirako: Of course I did.
- Sosuke Aizen: Since when?
- Shinji Hirako: Since you were in your momma's womb...!!
- Nel: (weakly) Nel had no idea that our game of endless tag would lead to a mithunderstanding like this. There'th not a whole lot to do here in Hueco Mundo.
- Uryu: [thinking] Endless Tag...?
- Ichigo: You were playing? But there were tears in your eyes.
- Nel: [cheerfully] Uh-huh! I'm a mathochist so it'th no fun for me unleth they chathe me so hard I cry a little!
- Ichigo: [smacks Dondochakka Bilskin on the head, shouting] What have you been teaching this kid!?
- Lisa: I'm not a pervert! I just have a healthy interest!!
- Kensei: You know, in most circles, that's what defines a pervert...
- Lisa: Shut up, Kensei!! You borrowed a magazine from me too, so you don't have any room to talk!!
- Kensei: Grr...
- [after Inoue Orihime leaves the Vizard hideout]
- Kensei: Tch! Just what the hell was with that woman...!?
- Lisa: She only talked to Ichigo, then left in a flash...
- Rose: Seems she was a friend of his.
- Shinji: That girl...Was Orihime-chan.
- Kensei: WHA -- !? What the hell, Shinji!? You know her!?
- Shinji: Yes. Orihime-chan was...My first love.
- Kensei: Oh, that bullshit again.
- Lisa: Shinji, you say that to all the cute girls. You've said it to me before, too.
- Rose: [thinking] Is she trying to imply that she's cute...?
- Hiyori: HA!! All the cute girls, eh!? That's funny, 'cause I don't 'member you ever sayin' that to me, Shinji!
- Shinji: That's because I didn't, Snaggletooth.
- Ichigo: I'm surprised, I never thought that you'd start the fight with your sword already drawn. I figured I'd have to force you to draw you sword. Does this mean you've finally aknowledged me as an equal?
- Ulquiorra: At the very least, I've decided you are an entity that must be destroyed.
- Ichigo: Fair enough.
- [after Ichigo uses a Getsuga Tenshou to save Hollow Ichigo from Muramasa's attack]
- Hollow Ichigo: Why the hell did you step up to help me?
- Ichigo: It's got nothing to do with you. I am who I am. And you're a part of me. That's it.
- Hollow Ichigo: You never miss a chance to sound profound.
- Ichigo: I don't know what you might try to pull without Zangetsu around. And I don't know what to do either. But we've got a job to do. You know what I mean?
- Hollow Ichigo: God, you piss me off.
- Muramasa: What an odd scene this is. Were you protecting your hollow powers?
- Ichigo: He may have originally been a hollow. But now he's a part of me. Of course, I'm satisfied if he just leaves me alone. But you're an outsider, and I want you out of here.
- Muramasa: Kurosaki Ichigo... What are you?
- Gin: I thought you were interesting before, but now you're just a creepy kid.
- Ichigo: You're one to talk.
- Bleach manga; Chapter 301, pages 8-9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 512, pages 9-12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 545, page 8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 329, pages 3-4
- Bleach manga; Chapter 394, pages 6-7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 461, pages 13-15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 511, pages 3-4
- Bleach manga; Chapter 506
- Bleach manga; Chapter 507
- Bleach manga; Chapter 399, page 11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 75, page 7-8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 414, pages 6-7
- Bleach anime; Episode 308
- Bleach manga; Chapter 542, pages 13-14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 112, page 2
- Bleach manga; Chapter 220, pages 11-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 218, page 9
- Bleach anime; Episode 234
- Bleach manga; Chapter 221, page 15-17
- Bleach manga; chapter 112, pages 2-4
- Bleach manga; Chapter 410, pages 4-5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 420
- Bleach manga; Chapter 541, page 14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 531, page 18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 468, pages 10-11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 385, pages 11-12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 65, pages 18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 664, page 17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 97, pages 12-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 45, pages 1-2
- Bleach manga; Chapter 227, page 15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 69, page 10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 664, page 12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 666, page 3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 577, page 12 - 13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 139, page 4
- Bleach manga; Chapter 221, pages 7-9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 523, page 12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 16, pages 15-16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 217, pages 3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 306, pages 4-6
- Bleach manga; Chapter 590, page 15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 237, pages 17-18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 449
- Bleach manga; Chapter 546, page 9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 562, page 16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 569, page 15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 386, page 10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 556, page 15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 557, pages 15 - 16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 647, page 16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 389, page 17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 622, page 5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 645, page 10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 383, pages 17-18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 421, page 20
- Bleach manga; Chapter 618, pages 7-8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 682, page 13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 686, pages 17-18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 371, page 14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 370, pages 12-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 371, page 14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 374, pages 15-16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 294, page 6
- Bleach manga; Chapter 294, page 12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 625, page 8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 283, page 12-14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 288, page 18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 312, page 16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 379, page 10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 302, pages 10-11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 282, page 5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 282, page 5-6
- Bleach anime; Episode 274
- Bleach anime; Episode 284
- Bleach manga; Chapter 262, pages 9-11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 317, page 20
- Bleach manga; Chapter 353, page 18
- Bleach manga; Chapter 602, page 7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 656, page 10-11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 664, pages 10-12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 666, pages 7-8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 501, pages 13-14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 567, pages 7-8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 557, pages 15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 647, pages 12 - 13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 655, page 1
- Bleach manga; Chapter 589, pages 15-16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 572, page 15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 574, page 6
- Bleach manga; Chapter 565, page 11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 565, pages 15 - 17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 635, page 12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 649, page 8
- Bleach manga; Chapter 650, page 4 - 5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 563, page 7
- Bleach manga; Chapter 563, page 11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 564, page 14
- Bleach manga; Chapter 491, page 9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 493, page 11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 506, pages 1-3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 603, page 12-13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 595, page 2 - 3
- Bleach manga; Chapter 511, pages 11 - 12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 544, pages 2 - 4
- Bleach manga; Chapter 546, pages 16 - 17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 607, page 2 - 5
- Bleach manga; Chapter 619, pages 5-6
- Bleach manga; Chapter 672, page 9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 673, pages 8 & 15-16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 677, pages 14-16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 686, pages 15-16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 606, page 1 - 2
- Bleach manga; Chapter 606, page 16 - 17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 607, page 7 - 9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 523, page 9 - 10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 598, page 16
- Bleach manga; Chapter 517, page 12 - 13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 471, page 13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 476, page 17
- Bleach manga; Chapter 477, page 11
- Bleach manga; Chapter 504, page 10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 323, page 20
- Bleach manga; Chapter 134, page 12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 268, pages 13-15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 649, page 9
- Bleach manga; Chapter 548, page 3 - 4
- Bleach manga; Chapter 531, page 13
- Bleach manga; Chapter 525, page 15
- Bleach manga; Chapter 470, page 19
- Bleach manga; Chapter 561, page 10
- Bleach manga; Chapter 561, page 12
- Bleach manga; Chapter 114, page 15-16