- Some say silence is golden, I choose noise.
- Blake Lewis' profile. MySpace. Retrieved on 2007-06-04.
- Aja Pecknold. "What Are You Doing This Weekend?: Bshorty Farewell Party with KJ Sawka + Ra Scion + Joe Doria". Seattle Weekly. Retrieved on 2007-06-04.
- I get scared because I regard women as the most beautiful creatures in the world.
- "Blake Lewis: The Beat Boxer". People Magazine (March 30, 2007). Retrieved on 2007-06-02.
- I'm kind of a ninja.
- "Blake, Live from EW's Cover Shoot!" (video). Entertainment Weekly (April 11, 2007). Retrieved on 2007-06-04.
- Now I'm 'Blake Lewis' to the world, but I will always still be Bshorty from Bothell...I've never looked at it like a competition so I think I've won regardless. I won when I got to the top ten; I've already reached my goal.
- "'Hot Guy of the Week': American Idol's Blake Lewis". US Weekly (May 21, 2007). Retrieved on 2007-06-02.
- I've tried to stay true to myself this whole entire time, and I think I've represented myself as creatively as I could with what I got on the show.
- Katie Byrne, Jim Cantiello (May 24, 2007]). "Blake Lewis Reaches Out to Gnarls, will.i.am After 'Idol' Finale: 'Call Me!'". MTV.com. Retrieved on 2007-06-10.
- [Singing] Steve Jobs, send me a brand-new Mac...
- "Behind the Scenes: 'Idol Live' Tour Rehearsals" (video). MyFox Los Angeles (June 25, 2007). Retrieved on 2007-06-26.
- Lewis: Oh, man. I bite my tongue a lot and I never really listen to him [Simon Cowell].
- Larry King: You didn't listen to him?
- Lewis: Yeah. Well, I think him and I are a lot alike. I think we are both shameless and tactless.
On American IdolEdit
- The song's about coming together as one in an ideal world. And we might not be able to accomplish that, but tonight we can start by making it a better place.
- If you don't take risks in life, you'll never see anything new.
- Lewis: I represent Seattle, the Emerald City.
- Simon Cowell: So, why don't you think you've been discovered then?
- Lewis: 'Cause I live in Seattle. I don't live in L.A..
- Responding to Simon Cowell, one of the judges of American Idol, in his audition in Seattle on September 19, 2006.
- Ryan Seacrest: If they were to make a movie about your life, what would the title be? Who would play your part?
- Lewis: That's tough! But, it has to be Jim Carrey. And I...
- Seacrest: 'Cause you're tall?
- Lewis: (sarcastically) Yes, 'cause I'm tall and gangly...and it'd be called "Organized Chaos".
- Seacrest: Do you really like big butts?
- Lewis: I can't lie.
- Responding with the reference of the lyrics of the song "Baby Got Back" to Ryan Seacrest, the host of American Idol on May 15, 2007, after the showing of a clip of Lewis performing with Sir Mix-a-Lot in the home-visiting concert in Seattle and shaking his hips on-stage. "Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-Lot". Songfacts. Retrieved on 2007-06-24..