- Some say silence is golden, I choose noise.
- I get scared because I regard women as the most beautiful creatures in the world.
- Now I'm 'Blake Lewis' to the world, but I will always still be Bshorty from Bothell...I've never looked at it like a competition so I think I've won regardless. I won when I got to the top ten; I've already reached my goal.
- I've tried to stay true to myself this whole entire time, and I think I've represented myself as creatively as I could with what I got on the show.
- Lewis: Oh, man. I bite my tongue a lot and I never really listen to him [Simon Cowell].
- Larry King: You didn't listen to him?
- Lewis: Yeah. Well, I think him and I are a lot alike. I think we are both shameless and tactless.
- King: You've got a clean-cut image. Why the tattoos?
- Lewis: I love art. I love good art. I'm getting my whole...
- King: Why not put it on canvas?
- Lewis: Because I can't draw.
On American IdolEdit
- The song's about coming together as one in an ideal world. And we might not be able to accomplish that, but tonight we can start by making it a better place.
- Commenting on his take of Imagine by John Lennon in the Inspirational week in his pre-performance clip on April 24, 2007.
- If you don't take risks in life, you'll never see anything new.
- Lewis: I represent Seattle, the Emerald City.
- Simon Cowell: So, why don't you think you've been discovered then?
- Lewis: 'Cause I live in Seattle. I don't live in L.A..
- Responding to Simon Cowell, one of the judges of American Idol, in his audition in Seattle on September 19, 2006.
- Ryan Seacrest: If they were to make a movie about your life, what would the title be? Who would play your part?
- Lewis: That's tough! But, it has to be Jim Carrey. And I...
- Seacrest: 'Cause you're tall?
- Lewis: (sarcastically) Yes, 'cause I'm tall and gangly...and it'd be called "Organized Chaos".
- Responding to a viewer question before performing This Love by Maroon 5 on May 15, 2007.
- Seacrest: Do you really like big butts?
- Lewis: I can't lie.
- Responding with the reference of the lyrics of the song "Baby Got Back" to Ryan Seacrest, the host of American Idol on May 15, 2007, after the showing of a clip of Lewis performing with Sir Mix-a-Lot in the home-visiting concert in Seattle and shaking his hips on-stage. . "Baby Got Back by Sir Mix-a-Lot". Songfacts. Retrieved on 2007-06-24..