Black Widow (2021 film)
Black Widow is a 2021 American superhero film in which Natasha Romanoff, AKA Black Widow, is forced to confront her dark past as a Red Room spy. It is the 24th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) and a sequel to Captain America: Civil War, starring Scarlett Johansson as the titular character.
- Directed by Cate Shortland. Written by Eric Pearson, based on the character Black Widow created by Stan Lee, Don Rico, and Don Heck.
Natasha "Nat" RomanoffEdit
- Before I was an Avenger, I made mistakes…and a lot of enemies.
- [to Melina] I wish I could believe that you cared, but you're not even the first mother that abandoned me.
- It's funny. My whole life, I didn't think I had any family…turns out I got two.
Alexei Shostakov / Red GuardianEdit
- We're family. We fight with you!
- [Yelena hits Alexei after his rescue from the Arctic prison]
- Alexei Shostakov: Why the aggression, huh? Is it your time of the month?
- Yelena Belova: I don't get my period, dipshit. I don't have a uterus.
- Natasha Romanoff: Or ovaries.
- Yelena: That's what happens when the Red Room gives you an involuntary hysterectomy. They kinda just go in and rip out all your reproductive organs. They just get right in there and chop them all away. So you can't have babies.
- Alexei: [overlap at 'chop them all away', disgusted at the detail] OK, OK, you don't have to get so clinical and nasty! [sits]
- Yelena: Oh I was just going to talk about Fallopian tubes. OK!
- Natasha Romanoff: Here's what's going to happen.
- Melina Vostokoff: Natasha, don't slouch!
- Natasha: I'm not slouching!
- Melina: You're going to get a back hunch.
- Alexei Shostakov: Listen to your mother.
- Natasha: Oh my God, this…
- Alexei: Up, up!
- Natasha: All right, enough! All of you!
- Yelena Belova: I didn't say anything, that's not fair!
- [over a meal, Natasha and the others debate their previous cover as a family]
- Alexei Shostakov: Never family, huh? In my heart, I am simple man. And I think that for a couple deep undercover Russian agents, I think we did pretty great as parents, huh?
- Melina Vostokoff: Yes, we had our orders, and we played our roles to perfection.
- Natasha Romanoff: Who cares? That wasn’t real.
- Yelena Belova: What?
- Natasha: That wasn’t real. Who cares-
- Yelena: Don’t say that. Please don’t say that. It was real. It was real to me. You are my mother. [tearfully glares at Melina] You were my real mother! The closest thing I ever had to one. The best part of my life was fake... [deep exhale] and none of you told me. [bangs table; to Melina] And those agents you chemically subjugated around the globe? That was me. Mmm. [to Natasha] And you, you got out. Dreykov made sure no one could escape. Are you gonna say anything? [Natasha remains silent and looks away] No. [brushes off Melina] Don't touch me. [leaves with vodka bottle]
- Yelena Belova: Okay, you got a plan, or shall I just stay, duck, and cover?
- Natasha Romanoff: My plan was to drive us away!
- Yelena Belova: It's a shit plan.
- Natasha Romanoff: How many others are there?
- Yelena Belova: Enough.
- [post-credits scene: Yelena tends to Natasha's grave, and gets a visitor]
- Valentina Allegra de Fontaine: [blowing her nose] Sorry. I'm allergic to the Midwest. What this woman did? Honestly, I can't even imagine.
- Yelena: You're not supposed to be bothering me on my holiday time, Valentina.
- Valentina: Oh. Bothering you? Oh no, no, no, I’m just here paying my respects.
- Yelena: Mm. You know, coming here makes you look desperate.
- Valentina: [laughs] Oho-kay!
- Yelena: I want a raise.
- Valentina: Oh yeah. You and me both. Believe me…you're gonna earn it. [pulls a tablet out of her purse] I've got your next target. Thought I'd hand-deliver it. [opens the tablet and hands it to Yelena] Maybe you'd like a shot at the man responsible for your sister's death. [the tablet contains a photo of Clint Barton] Kind of a cutie, don't you think?
- She's done running from her past.
- Go back to where it all began!
- Her World. Her Secrets. Her Legacy.