William Mark "Bill" Fagerbakke (October 4, 1957 –) is an American actor and voice actor.
- The business I’ve found myself in for my adult life, it requires a certain amount of stereotyping. It’s just the nature of the beast. You have a limited amount of time to tell a story; in particular on camera. So you want the visual information there to provide a certain amount of background. People that look a certain way are cast in certain roles.
- I’m always looking for opportunities to explore that freewheeling imagination and insanity of children. To be able to plug in to that and let that carry you in to a performance is such a gas, I have so much fun with that. I love kids; I raised two girls and I love being a parent. Being a parent is hands down the greatest thing of my life, and I loved when they were young because as a parent you can spend that special time with them when they’re young and you can attach your imagination on to their ride and go with them and do what they’re doing. I always loved that and it’s kind of how I approach Patrick. I don’t know if this makes sense, but I guess that’s my approach and that’s what I continue to do because I’m so fortunate to keep going with this character. It’s very satisfying and enjoyable.
- Interview With Bill Fagerbakke: The Voice of Spongebob's Patrick Star (November 11, 2013)
- I am essentially a child at heart, and that's something that's never lost on me. It starts with the liberation of the writer's imagination. When you have that kind of really inspired material in your hands, if you can't enjoy it... there are some curmudgeonly people I guess who don't care for this stuff, but it's such a gas. It's so much fun.
- Bill Fagerbakke interview: SpongeBob, Starship Troopers, Statham (August 8, 2015)