Big Momma's House
2000 film by Raja Gosnell
Big Momma's House is a 2000 American crime comedy film directed by Raja Gosnell and written by Darryl Quarles and Don Rhymer. The majority of the film took place in Cartersville, Georgia, but the film was shot on location in California. The prime shooting spots were Los Angeles and Orange County. The film is also notable for being one of very few titles to be released on the EVD video format.
- Somebody better tell me something, 'cause this sho' is some freaky shit.
- Oh no! Not in Big Momma's house!
- Is that morphine in there? God, beats the hell out of aspirin.
- I'm a married man, I'm not used to this much attention.
- [on the phone] Yeah, he knows what he's doing. [faces Malcolm immediately afterwards] What the hell are you doing?
YO MOMMA HOUSEEdit
- [upon seeing Sherry in her underwear] Oooo ma damn!
- Malcolm Turner: I've seen a lot of scary shit in my days... but damn, that was a lot of ass!
- John: [while icing his balls] I think I need a splint or something.
- Sherry: Oh, it's so good to see you, Big Momma. I thought you may forgotten all about me.
- Malcolm Turner: Shut your mouth, child. Oh, Big Momma could never forget that ass...
- Sherry: What?
- Malcolm Turner: ...ma. Asthma. Do you remember you had asthma?
- [Big Momma finds Ben and Sadie in her bed]
- Big Momma: You two? In my bed? Oh, hell no!
- Ben: Hattie Mae, I can explain.
- Big Momma: Explain it to the fattier end of my baseball bat.
- Ben: I've been waiting on this moment ever since I first laid eyes on you.
- Malcolm Turner: Ben, whatever you started in that bed, trust me, you're going to finish alone!
- Nolan: Now lets say you walking down the street, strutting yo stuff, and someby yells out and screams "Hey, baby! Why don't you back that thing up and show me whatcha got and whatcha gon do?"
- Big Momma: I'd say I'm a size 10, and I'm about to cram it up his boney ass!
- Basketball Teen #1: Oh, so Granny think she got game?
- Malcolm Turner: [as Big Momma] Oh yes, I got game. And I got two words for you: I'm back.
- Basketball Teen #2: You too fat to be ballin'!
- Malcolm Turner: [as Big Momma] Say what? You look like a damn shaved bird!
- [Trent giggles]
- John: I used to be married, but not anymore.
- Sadie: [sympathetically] Is your wife with Jesus now?
- John: Actually, the guy's name was pronounced "Hey-soos". He was the gardner, and one day I caught him spreading some fertilizer around the bedroom, if you know what I mean.
- Sherry: [jumping into bed beside "Big Momma" during the storm] I remember how it used to storm like this when I was a little girl. You would wrap your arms around me, and it felt like nothing in the world could ever hurt me.
- Malcolm Turner: [wrapping his arms around Sherry] It feels so damn good.
- Sherry: [feeling a jab in her back from Malcolm's "arousal"] Big Momma, what's that?
- Malcolm Turner: [pulls out a flashlight] That's just my flashlight. The storm knocked out all the power so I had to get a big ol' flashlight.
- Sherry: [interrupting the conversation they were having when she feels another jab in the back] Big Momma, is there another flashlight under there?
- Martin Lawrence as Malcolm Turner
- Nia Long as Sherry Pierce
- Paul Giamatti as John Maxwell
- Terrence Howard as Lester Vesco
- Anthony Anderson as Nolan
- Jascha Washington as Trent Pierce
- Ella Mitchell as Hattie Mae Pierce (Big Momma)
- Phyliss Applegate as Sadie
- Starletta DuPois as Miss Patterson
- Octavia Spencer as Twila
- Tichina Arnold as Ritha
- Nicole Prescott as Lena
- Cedric the Entertainer as the Reverend
- Carl Wright as Ben Rawley
- Jimmy Westermeier as the mailman