Beyond the Valley of the Dolls
1970 film directed by Russ Meyer
Beyond the Valley of the Dolls is a 1970 cult film about three girls who come to Hollywood to make it big, but find only sex, drugs and sleaze.
- Directed by Russ Meyer. Written by Roger Ebert.
This time... they've really gonetaglines
- In a scene like this you get a contact-high!
- When does ANY party start? When you get there!
- Come on, man. I doubt if you'd recognize a hippie. I'm a capitalist, baby. I work for my living, not suck off somebody else.
- [showing Kelly around the party] Observe in yon quiet corner: an island of tranquility in a sea of revelry. The languid Roxanne finds beauty, that delicate pinch of feminine spice, with which she oftens flavors her interludes. Ah, look there, Lance Rocke! Greek god and part-time actor. See how well he performs? His is a special talent. The golden hair, the bedroom eyes, the firm young body. These are the tools with which he plies his trade. All are available for a price...
- [stumbling upon a couple having sex at his party] Glad to see my audience in such happy dalliance. Pray, let them joust in peace!
- And you, the infamous Ashley St. Ives, high priestess of carnality, what thou think of our fair minstrels?
- Ere this night does wane, you will drink the black sperm of my vengeance!
- For I am Superwoman, and you have spurned her!
- There's juice freaks, and pill freaks, and then everybody's a freak! What you need is grass or a downer or something.
Ashley St. IvesEdit
- You're a groovy boy. I'd like to strap you on sometime.
- Step into my web said the spider, etcetera.
- Porter Hall: She was living in a single room with three other individuals. One of them was a male, and the other two, well the other two were females. God only knows what they were up to in there... and furthermore, Susan, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to learn that all four of them habitually smoked marijuana cigarettes... reefers.
- Petronella Danforth: Don't bogart the joint!
- Harris Allsworth: I want it, I need it, I love it when a beautiful woman licks between my toes.
- Randy Black : No baby, no. Not now. Just leave it. That's the trouble with people today. All uptight about tomorrow, hanging on to yesterday. It's no good, no good at all. There's only one time that counts - now, right now. If you don't live for now, why, you might as well just roll over and take the full count.
- Ronnie Barzell: This is my happening and it freaks me out!
- Casey Anderson: There's juice freaks, and pill freaks, and then everybody's a freak! What you need is grass or a downer or something.
- Partygoer 1: You're a moonchild.
- Partygoer 2: And you're a bitch!
- Lance Rocke: The chick's been sleepin' with me, you got it?
- Ronnie Barzell: Knowing you, I'm sure she has. Have you run an audit on her books yet? Or are you still... screwing on faith?
- Porter Hall: Now as your legal advisor, I wish you'd let me handle this in my own discreet way.
- Susan Lake: I've already seen a display of your discretion. It's reminiscent of a meat axe!
- Ashley St. Ives: Like Sigmund Freud said, take away the guilt and who'd ever wanna get laid?
- Harris Allsworth: Then why don't ya lay Sigmund Freud?
- Dolly Read - Kelly MacNamara
- Cynthia Myers - Casey Anderson
- Marcia McBroom - Petronella Danforth
- John LaZar - Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell
- Michael Blodgett - Lance Rocke
- David Gurian - Harris Allsworth
- Edy Williams - Ashley St. Ives
- Erica Gavin - Roxanne
- Phyllis Davis - Susan Lake
- Harrison Page - Emerson Thorne
- Duncan McLeod - Porter Hall
- James Iglehart - Randy Black
- Charles Napier - Baxter Wolfe
- Henry Rowland - Otto
- This time... they've really gone.
- The closer they get to the top - the nearer they get to the bottom.
- This is not a sequel. There has never been anything like it.
- The world is fill of them, the super-octane girls who are old at twenty. If they get to be twenty.
- The first of shock rock.