Betrayal (1983 film)
1983 British drama film by David Hugh Jones
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [after his wife tells him that she's been having an affair with his best friend] Where does it take place? Must be a bit awkward. I mean we've got two kids, he's got two kids not to mention a wife.
- Emma: Aren't you enjoying the party?
- Jerry: You're beautiful. Listen. I've been watching you all night. I must tell you, I want to tell you, I have to tell you...
- Emma: Please.
- Jerry: You're incredible.
- Emma: You're drunk.
- Jerry: Nevertheless. [he holds her] I was best man at your wedding. I saw you in white. I watched you glide by in white.
- Emma: I wasn't in white.
- Jerry: You know what should have happened? I should have had you, in your white, before the wedding. I should have blackened you, in your white wedding dress, blackened you in your bridal dress, before ushering you in your wedding, as your best man.
- Emma: My husband's best man. Your friend's best man.
- Jerry: No. Your best man.
- Emma: I must get back.
- Jerry: You're lovely. I'm crazy about you. All these words I'm using, don't you see, they've never been said before. Can't you see? I'm crazy about you. It's a whirlwind. Have you ever to the Sahara Desert? Listen to me. It's true. Listen. You overwhelm me. You're so lovely.
- Emma: I'm not.
- Jerry: You're so beautiful. Look at the way you look at me.
- Emma: I'm not... looking at you.
- Jerry: Look at the way you're looking at me. I can't wait for you, I'm bowled over, I'm totally knocked out, you dazzle me, you jewel, my jewel, I can't ever sleep again, no, listen, it's the truth, I won't walk, I'll be a cripple, I'll descend, I'll diminish, into total paralysis, my life is in your hands, that's what you're banishing me to, a state of catatonia, do you know the state of catatonia? Do you? The state of... where the reigning prince is the prince of emptiness, the prince of absence, the prince of desolation. I love you.
- Emma: My husband is at the other side of that door.
- Jerry: I adore you. I'm madly in love with you. I can't believe that what anyone is at this moment saying has ever happened has ever happened. Nothing has ever happened. Nothing. This is the only thing that has ever happened. Your eyes kill me. I'm lost. You're wonderful.
- Emma: No.
- Jerry: Yes.