- This is the essence of the problem. To Dan Rather and to a lot of other powerful members of the chattering class, that which is right of center is conservative. That which is left of center is middle of the road. No wonder they can't recognize their own bias.
- Bias: A CBS Insider Exposes How the Media Distort the News (2001)
- It doesn't happen that way.
- Response to a student asking if he ever met a conservative who became a liberal.
- Goldberg Predicts Collapse of Liberal Media Newsmax.com. Phil Brennan (April 11, 2003)
- I consider myself to be an old-fashioned liberal. I'm a liberal the way liberals used to be when they were like John F. Kennedy and when they were like Hubert Humphrey. When they were upbeat and enthusiastic and mainstream. I am not a liberal the way liberals are today at least as exemplified by Al Franken and Michael Moore, where they're angry, nasty, closed minded, & not mainstream, but fringe.
- The Bernard Goldberg Interview RightWingNews.com John Hawkins, 2001. Today's 'Liberals': Close-Minded, Nasty and Fringe Newsmax.com. Bernard Goldberg (October 16, 2003)
- They're responsible for the problem [of cultural meanness].
- Referring to residents of both U.S. coasts.
- Bernard Goldberg: Coastal residents "responsible for the problem" of vulgarity; transcript of NBC Today Show (August 11, 2005)
- I admire Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly a lot because I think they're standup guys.
- Everyone Loves a List Newsweek. Carl Sullivan (July 30, 2005)
- The big 3 networks don't like the fact that there's a Rush Limbaugh out there, they don't like the fact that there's a Fox News, they don't like the fact that there's a Matt Drudge. They liked it when it was nice, when it was just the three of them. Well, it ain't that way anymore.
- Mandaville, Michael. Citizen-Soldier Handbook: 101 Ways Every American Can Fight Terrorism. pg. 227