Beowulf (2007 film)
Bewoulf is a 2007 American performance capture fantasy film directed by Robert Zemeckis. The cast includes Ray Winstone, Anthony Hopkins, Robin Wright Penn, Brendan Gleeson, John Malkovich, Crispin Glover, Alison Lohman and Angelina Jolie. It was released in the United States on November 16, 2007.
- Grendel's Mother: Are you the one they call Beowulf? Such a strong man you are. A man like you could own the greatest tale ever sung. Beowulf... lay with me. Give me a son, and I shall make you the greatest king that ever lived. This... I swear...
- King Hrothgar: She's not my curse, not anymore.
- Beowulf: I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger. I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night. Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power! I AM BEOWULF!
- Wealthow: There have been many a brave men come to taste my lord's mead. And who have promissed to rid us of our night-man. But in the morning, there was nothing left but blood to be cleaned from the floor... and the benches... and the walls.
- Beowulf: What do you know of me... Demon?
- Wiglaf: Do you want me to go in with you?
[Beowulf and Wiglaf look at each other]
- Wiglaf: Good.
- Beowulf: They say you have a monster here. They say your lands are cursed. I am Beowulf and I'm here to kill your monster.
- Beowulf: If we die... it will be for GLORY, not gold.
- Beowulf: The time of heroes is dead: the christ god has killed it, leaving nothing but weeping martyrs and fear and shame.
About ̣̪Beowulf (2007 film)Edit
- The biggest challenge in making a movie of this style is that you can do anything, but the bad news is that you can do anything. So what that means is that, you know, you don’t go on a location scout and find the perfect mead hall, and then go shoot your movie there - every detail in the mead hall has to be constructed and designed in the computer. So if you see a sky, you see a sunset, or you see the lighting in a certain way, it’s not like, you know, there’s a gaffer and everybody shows up and it’s perfectly lit and you shoot it and you’re done. You have to light every scene. All the detail that you see like this, it all came from some artistic vision. And it had to be depicted in the film. So that is a hard unseen aspect of making a movie this way, it’s all a part of the vision of some filmmaker, or a group of artists.
- Steve Starkey