United States Senator from Nebraska
- [W]hen the White House refused to speak directly and clearly about this matter, we were weakened as a nation and a tyrant was strengthened... The dodge on Putin broke with the basic American moral tradition. It broke faith with our core values. It broke trust with freedom seekers across the globe... To those who struggle, we have always said, ‘we see you, and we stand with you.’ These simple truths matter. The moral responsibilities of the office of the presidency matter, and when we don't affirm these basic truths, it is a failure to who we are. It is a failure to do what we do, and it is a betrayal, not just to the millions of people who are denied free and fair elections in Russia this week, but it is a failure to people all across the globe who are struggling in darkness against tyrants.
- As quoted in "Sasse Slams White House's Handling of 'Putin's Phony, Sham Re-Election'" (21 March 2018), by Jenna Lifhits, The Weekly Standard
- Unconstitutional slop
- Referring to executive orders for coronavirus aid issued by President Trump on August 9, 2020 'Unconstitutional slop:' Donald Trump spars with Ben Sasse, the GOP senator who attacked his executive order
- ... Republican bloodbath in the Senate
- According to Trump tells GOP donors that holding Senate will be 'tough' – report October 24, 2020
- Wild press conferences erode public trust. So no, obviously Rudy and his buddies should not pressure electors to ignore their certification obligations under the statute. We are a nation of laws, not tweets.
- According to Sasse, Romney pan Trump campaign’s tactics in contesting election - Politico, author Burgess Everett, November 19, 2020
- Encyclopedic article on Ben Sasse at Wikipedia