1972 film by Phil Karlson
Ben is a 1972 American horror film about a young boy and his pet rat, Ben. The film is a sequel to the film Willard (1971). The theme song, "Ben", is performed by singer Michael Jackson. It was also included on his 1972 album of the same title.
- Directed by Phil Karlson. Produced by Mort Briskin.
Where "WILLARD" ended... BEN begins. And this time, he's not alone!
- ♪ Start the day, you've been asleep too long. ♪
♪ Start the day and sing a happy song. ♪
♪ Smile, smile at everyone you meet and dance your way down each street. ♪'
♪ Oompa oompa oompa oompa oompa oompa oompa oompa oompa oompa oom pa pa. ♪
♪ Oompa oompa oompa oompa oompa oompa oompa oom oom oom oom pa. ♪
♪ Start the day, it's time to rise and shine. ♪
♪ Off we go, the world is looking fine. ♪
♪ Get dressed up, put on your Sunday best. ♪
♪ Tomorrow you all can rest. ♪
- [crying, as Michael Jackson sings "Ben's Song" in the score] You'll get well, Ben, and I'll get well. We'll get well, Ben. [places Ben on a handkerchief] We'll get well, Ben. No one's gonna hurt one of my friends. No, sir. [gets out first aid kit, takes a cotton swab and gently rubs Ben's wound] It's okay. [Ben squeaks] You're the only friend I have. I love you, Ben.
- Where "WILLARD" ended... BEN begins. And this time, he's not alone!
- For the Summer of '72
- Teamed up to Tear 'em up! [poster for double-feature pairing "Willard" and "Ben"]
- Lee Harcourt Montgomery as Danny Garrison
- Joseph Campanella as Cliff Kirtland
- Arthur O'Connell as Billy Hatfield
- Rosemary Murphy as Beth Garrison
- Meredith Baxter as Eve Garrison
- Kaz Garas as Joe Greer
- Paul Carr as Kelly
- Richard Van Vleet as Reade
- Kenneth Tobey as Engineer
- James Luisi as Ed
- Lee Paul as Carey
- Norman Alden as Policeman
- Scott Garrett as Henry Gray
- Arlen Stuart as Mrs. Gray
- Ric Drasin as George
- Bruce Davison as Willard Stiles (archive footage)
- Ben Crowe as Himself
- St. Benjamin as The Baller
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|