Behind Enemy Lines (2001 film)
Behind Enemy Lines a 2001 film is about a Navy navigator who is shot down over enemy territory and is ruthlessly pursued by a secret police enforcer and the opposing troops. Meanwhile his commanding officer goes against orders in an attempt to rescue him.
- [to Reigart] Sir, I signed up to be a fighter pilot. I didn't want to be a cop. And I certainly didn't want to go walking a beat on a neighborhood nobody cares about.
- Wouldn't it be great if I look back and there is Britney Spears? Oh, wait a minute! She wants to come up here and say "hold stick right there, yeah, you you are doing great!
- You're an optimist, sir. See I had you figured for a grouch.
- Let's go get our boy back!
- You don't know the FIRST thing about serving your country.
- [on the radio] Burnett!! [Pauses] Zero-six, you’re a combat naval aviator, start acting like one. You've been shot down. Life is tough. I am very sorry. You pull yourself together. You do whatever it takes. Create some angles between you and your pursuers. Use your training, use your head. Evade and survive, and we will bring you home. Do you understand? We will bring you home.
- Capt. Rodway: We each have our jobs. Now I'm a Marine. That means I do the serious work. You're a Navy Pilot. That means that you sit here and... eat jello.
- Admiral Reigart: You still got your boots, have you, cowboy?
- Chris Burnett: Roger. They were tied on.
- Burnett: Son of a bitch! Did you see this? He puts us on a holiday mission, god damn it!
- Stackhouse: Yeah, but look at the bright side, at least we get to fly, right?
- Burnett: Yeah, during the one good meal of the year, it's almost as if he doesn't like us.
- Stackhouse: No, no. You! Not me. You!
- Rodway: Don't you forget what you are doing.
- Burnett: What are we doing here? Are you kidding me? Well, I am eating Jello, and he is wiping his hands.
- Rodway: You don't get to pick a fight. It comes to you.
- Burnett: Yeah, I get it. But at least give me a fight that I can understand.
- Stackhouse: We're not supposed to fly that sector, Chris. The brass will have a shit-fit.
- Burnett: Hey, we're on recon so let's recon something.
- Admiral Reigart: You should be glad you're not in the middle of a fight, Lieutenant. Because with your attitude, you wouldn't last very long.
- Burnett: Sir, with all due respect, I've given the Navy seven good years. I think I've served my country.
- Stackhouse: You sure about that?
- Burnett: I'm reading right here, pal.
- Stackhouse: Well, then Serbs must have bought the U-boat because we are flying over a lake.
- Burnett: God damn it. And warm thank you goes to US intelligence community, ladies and gentlemen.
- Babic: It's not safe here. We keep moving.
- Burnett: No, you go. They killed my pilot because we took pictures of the graves, and I know where they are. And I am gonna get them, so he didn't die for no reason. Don't follow me, it's safer here.
- O'Malley: You will lose your command for this.
- Admiral Reigart: So be it! I'm not gonna let that kid die out there while we sit around on this ship!
- Admiral Reigart: Our man is down behind enemy lines, now what the fuck is the problem?
- Admiral Piquet: Do you have any idea how much damage this incident may cause to the peace process?
- Admiral Reigart: All I know, Admiral, is that the American people want their pilot back.
- Admiral Piquet: Exactly! Americans, all you care about is your own damn pilots! What happens when the fighting starts again? Will America recommit its forces to stop a major war? No, you don't have any control over that little detail, do you? You might have helped save your man today, Reigart, and I emphasize 'might', but you risk the lives of thousands tomorrow.
- In War There Are Some Lines You Should Never Cross.
- Prepare to cross the line.
- Mission: to evade and survive.
- His only weapon is his will to survive.