Beginning of the End (film)
1957 US science fiction film directed by Bert I. Gordon
New thrills! New shocks! New terror! (taglines)
- Col. Tom Sturgeon: Where do I get off asking the Regular Army for help with a bunch of oversize grasshoppers?
- Gen. John T. Short: Dr. Wainright, you're a scientist, you know what grasshoppers can do. I'm a soldier, I know what guns can do.
- Dr. Ed Wainwright: You can't drop an atom bomb on Chicago!
- New thrills! New shocks! New terror!
- Filmed in New Horrorscope!
- So Big...we had to coin a new word for it...NEWMENDOUS!
- The screen's first full-length science-fiction thriller with real live creatures!
- When we needed grasshoppers, I didn’t want to use the ones we had in California. At that time there had been almost a plague of locusts in Texas and I saw them in the paper. They were perfect….just the kind I wanted. I thought I would contact an entomologist there and have him ship me a bunch. But the state of California said no, you can’t bring them into the state. They were afraid they would mate and create another plague.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|