Battlefield 3 is a first-person shooter video game developed by EA Digital Illusions CE and published by Electronic Arts. It is a direct sequel to 2005's Battlefield 2, and the eleventh installment in the Battlefield franchise.
- Agent G.: Eighteen hours ago, I get a call from Homeland Security saying there is a Marine in detention that I need to talk to. Some story about a terror plot in New York and the Marine claims he has information to stop it. Now the best part is: he says it's gonna happen today. So here we are. You look jetlagged. And by that I mean you look like shit.
- Montes: Freeze, motherfucker—hands! [realizes that it's Blackburn] Holy shit! Black, am I glad to see you.
- Agent W.: Stop me if this is incorrect. Faruk Al-Bashir and the PLR seize power in Iran almost the same day as the earthquake—they become a threat. A few weeks later, we send in 50,000 marines to take him out—we go to war in Iran.
- SSgt. Blackburn: [impatient] Is this a history lesson?
- Campo: [discovering the nuclear weapon inside the case] Holy shit... You know what that is?
- Montes: Russian. Portable nukes.
- Campo: There's only one there.
- Montes: [realizing that there are two other spaces in the case] Wait—there's room for two more. Where the hell are the other two?!
- Dima: [to Blackburn] Do not do anything stupid. [steps into view, pistol aimed at Blackburn] This piece of shit right there stole three nuclear devices from Russia, and sold it to a man called Solomon. Solomon's using the PLR. He has at least two targets: New York and Paris. He's using public transit to move the weapons. He's going to detonate the New York device in Times Square very soon. [shakes head] …This cannot happen. We can avert war between our nations. Just two of us. No politicians, no money changing hands. [puts his gun down] Just two soldiers speaking the truth. Help me. Help me to do this.
[Just then, someone kicks a door open nearby.]
- Dima: [hands up] That's it, I have to leave now. You don't shoot him, millions will die.
- SSgt. Blackburn: The train map inside the bank vault—what was the time written on it?
- Montes: Um...6.02. Why?
- SSgt. Blackburn: Dave. You trust me?
- Montes: [nods] Oh, yeah.
- SSgt. Blackburn: Alright. Follow my lead.