Balto III: Wings of Change
2004 film by Phil Weinstein
- [to mail dogs] All I ever wanted to do was be a part of your team. Bringing the mail and supplies is all about helping people. And now when somebody really needs our help, we're sitting on our butts. I mean if this is what it takes to be a mail dog... then I'm not sure that's what I want to be.
- We're late again!
- [to Balto, about Kodi] You're his father. He loves you.
- [sung] You don't have to be a hero. / You just have to be there. / He doesn't need to know you're perfect. / He needs to know you care. / And when the race is over... / ... You've done all you can do. / Be a father, not a hero... / ... That's all he needs from you. / You don't have to be a winner / If you give it your best. / Believe in who you are / And then time can do the rest. / Your heart is his example: / Brave and strong and true. / You don't have to be a hero. / You just have to be you. / Trust in your son. / He's more than he seems. / Like you, he can run. / Like you he has dreams.
- [spoken, during the song "You Don't Have to Be a Hero"] Whatever happens, Balto, you'll always be his hero.
- [sung] Have faith in yourself, my love. / Have faith in him, too. / He will always have a hero. / He will always have a hero... / For he'll always have you.
- Boris: Is terrible. I'm going on date with gorgeous goose.
- Balto: Now that is scary.
- Boris: [having apparently succeeded after numerous failed attempts to conquer acrophobia] Ah! What do you know? I am flying. Ha-haaa! I am one hot goose!
- Balto: I'm not sure Stella's gonna see it that way.
- [Boris flies past about one foot off the ground]
- Balto: [to mail team] This is serious! Now look, that plane is out there somewhere. And we're the only ones who can help!
- Kirby: Well, that just proves our point. The difference between a dog and a machine is: dogs are tough and reliable.
- Balto: I thought the difference is only one has a heart. Well I'm not gonna let Duke freeze to death, now who's with me? Kodi?
- Kodi: I don't know, I'm not sure he's really out there, my job is to deliver the mail.
- Balto: I'm sorry you see it that way, son.
[Jenna and Mel are waiting outside a store.]
- Jenna: [sighs] I wonder how far they are by now.
- Mel: Well, assuming they didn't get lost. Or get attacked by bears. Or Balto didn't break his leg. Or the mail didn't fall out of the sled. Or Kodi didn't barf. Or...[Jenna glares at him]Never mind.
[Dipsy appears, dragging a sack of beef jerky.]
- Dipsy: Would ya look at what the dog dragged in? Triple A, number one, first quality beef jerky! And did old Gunderson see a thing? Absolutely not. You know, I am getting so good at this, I scare myself. [takes some out of the bag] Anyone?
- Mel: Eat? At a time like this?
- Jenna: [sighs] Go ahead, Dipsy.
- Dipsy: Thanks. I don't mind if I do.
[Balto is talking to the mail dogs about the missing plane]
- Balto: He's not the enemy! He's a man! A nice one!
- Kodi: But dad, he is the enemy! He wants to take away our jobs.
- Kirby: It's not our fault that plane's unreliable.
- Ralph: Not to mention loud and smelly.
- Kirby: Yeah, kinda like you, Ralphie boy!
[The others laugh.]
Encyclopedic article on Balto III: Wings of Change at Wikipedia