2008 film by Mathieu Kassovitz(Redirected from Babylon A.D)
- Save the planet, Whenever I've read that bumper sticker, I've had to laugh. Save the planet. What for? And from what? From ourselves? This is good.
- Life's simple: Kill or be killed, don't get involved...and always finish the job. The survivor's code. My code.
- it all sounds great until the day you find yourself confronted by a choice. A choice to make a difference, to help someone...or to walk away and save yourself
- You sold me a gun that don't work! You almost got me killed! I paid $20 for this. I want my money back.
- I thought you were in Sudan, killing babies.
- I told you if you ever point that gun at me again...I'd kill you.
- You need two things to live in this business, your balls and your word. [This is a reference to Scarface, made famous by Tony Montana]
- Look, lady. I'm just a delivery boy. And to me you're just a package. I'm not your friend, I'm not your brother, I'm not your boyfriend.
- You can never have enough firepower, Sister.
- What is she, a walking wildlife encyclopedia?
- He made me an offer I couldn't refuse. [Reference to the Godfather's "Ill make him an offer he can't refuse"]
- If she's carrying a virus, I'll kill her myself and burn the body
- They won't let either one of us walk out of here alive
- I want to bring three simple rules to your attention before we start our journey. Wherever she goes, I go. That is rule number one. Rule number two, the less contact she has with the outside world, the better. The Third rule is No foul language.
- Obviously, you are not a gentleman.
- It was a haven for women who needed to heal
- Maybe now you can trust somebody.
- I'm scared. Can I hold your hand? [To Toorop]
- Siberian tigers went extinct in 2017. The last one died in the Moscow Zoo.
- What are you gonna do? Shoot me in the head? Swing on me like an animal?
- Are you really going to kill me and burn my body?
- Finn: This goddamn global warming is bad for business.
- Gorsky: Cross me and you'll have no place to hide anymore Toorop
- Toorop : It goes both ways Gorsky.
- Sister Rebeka: I want to bring three simple rules to your attention before we start our journey.
- Toorop : We? I'm here to pick up one girl
- Sister Rebeka: Wherever she goes, I go. That is rule number one, Rule number two, the less contact she has with the outside world, the better. You're here to protect her from outside influences. That includes seeing, hearing and feeling.
- Toorop : Now, it's a harsh world out there, Sister.
- Sister Rebeka: I know. That is why we live in here.
- Toorop : Shit. Okay, what's your third rule?
- Sister Rebeka: No foul language. [Toorop looks over at Sister Rebeka disgruntled] Do we have an agreement?
- Toorop : You listen to my one and only rule. Don't fuck with me or I'll leave you standing in the middle of nowhere with nothing but your ass to sell to get back here. Your perfect world. Do we have an agreement?
- Sister Rebeka: Obviously, you are not a gentleman.
- Toorop : Obviously not.
- Sister Rebeka: Now that we have an understanding, pick up the bags.
- Toorop: No.
- Toorop: Shit.
- Toorop : You can never have enough firepower, Sister. In fact... [holds out a pistol to Sister Rebeka]
- Sister Rebeka:I've never touched a gun in my life.
- Toorop : Now would be the perfect moment to start.
- Sister Rebeka: No, thank you. I can defend myself.
- Toorop : Stay close, this is the real world. There's no mercy for the weak
- Sister Rebeka: Just because we're peaceful, that doesn't mean we're weak.
- Toorop : It does here.
- Aurora: Siberian tigers went extinct in 2017. The last one died in the Moscow Zoo.
- Toorop : What is she, a walking wildlife encyclopedia?
- Aurora: They were clones?
- Toorop : Second generation clones. Not real tigers. Copies of copies.
- Aurora: But they're living creatures. Made by God.
- Toorop : No, they were organic machines made by man.
- Aurora: God made man in his image...so, what man creates is also God's will.
- Toorop : Is this what you teach her in the convent?
- Aurora: Who is he? [Referring to the Fighter]
- Sister Rebeka: He's a lost soul.
- Sister Rebeka: Who is that?
- Toorop: An old friend, a good smuggler
- Sister Rebeka: You trust him?
- Toorop: I don't trust anybody.
- Toorop: Now, how could she know how to operate a 30-year-old Russian sub?
- Sister Rebeka: She's always known things that she never experienced. Aurora could speak when she was 2 years old.
- Toorop: Yeah, but there are kids that can speak at 2 years old.
- Sister Rebeka: Nineteen different languages?
- Toorop: Who else knows about this?
- Sister Rebeka: Nobody but the doctor. He told me to keep it a secret to protect her.
- Sister Rebeka: It's good. Where did you learn to cook?
- Toorop: Rule number one in the mercenary handbook.
- Sister Rebeka: You never had a woman take care of you?
- Toorop: Sorry, No, not in my line of work.
- Aurora: There is no place like home.
- Toorop: Well, Kansas ain't what it used to be.
[Reference to "Wizard of Oz"(1939)]
- Sister Rebeka: Would you like to pray with me?
- Aurora: I don't feel like praying anymore, Toorop said I'm just a package to him. Is that all I am to you?
- Sister Rebeka: Of course not. I love you.