Ayo Adesanya (11 August 1969) Adesanya is a Nigerian film actress, director and producer. Ayo Adesanya appears in both Yoruba and English-language films.
- Life at 50, nothing has changed. It is still the same me. But mentally, I’m more matured. I have learned to be more humble. Humility pays. People you don’t even know; knows you and watch all your moves. I’m not a gym person, I eat anything but I drink water a lot. That’s my beauty secret.
- "Why I want to remarry at 50 –Ayo Adesanya", The Sun (October 5, 2019)
"My ex-husband and I were never legally married – Ayo Adesanya" (2013)Edit
- "My ex-husband and I were never legally married – Ayo Adesanya", Vanguard (March 2, 2013)
- I think I have come of age. What I’m trying to say is that I’ve learnt a lot of lessons along the line. I believe in the aphorism that the more you grow, the older you become, the more experienced you would be. Sometimes you read certain things that if you check your life, you could actually pick one or two things that are happening in your own life and you learn a lot on how to handle similar situations.
- Women are naturally mothers and I think it works easy because it comes naturally. We just have to take care of our kids even when we have to work.
"ICYMI: I would have ended my 10-year relationship earlier if I was more experienced – Ayo Adesanya" (2019)Edit
- "ICYMI: I would have ended my 10-year relationship earlier if I was more experienced – Ayo Adesanya", Punch (May 19, 2019)
- Nothing in life is worth committing suicide over. It is said that when there is life, there is hope. For most people who reached that bridge of almost taking their lives, they eventually thank God that they did not take that plunge. The only thing that is constant is change. You may not have today, but you would have tomorrow.
- When it comes to people in unhappy marriages saying they want to commit suicide, I don’t subscribe to it. If you are not happy in your marriage, the best thing to do is get out of it. However, it is a bit unfortunate that these days, we are no longer as tolerant as our parents before us. Maybe because of the advent of social media, things travel so fast, and we no longer tolerate each other. There are a lot of things that can be overlooked but these days, it doesn’t happen like that. Nobody wants to take the pain to be in a marriage or relationship and stick with their partner’s shortcomings.
"At 51, I’m not too old to remarry –Ayo Adesanya" (2020)Edit
- "At 51, I’m not too old to remarry –Ayo Adesanya", Punch (July 25, 2020)
- If marriage doesn’t come, one would still live one’s life. It is not a do-or-die affair, and not everybody would get married. When people get married and stay in it, I consider them lucky. These days, marriages don’t last. When one hears the things happening everywhere, getting ‘entangled’ would be scary. People that are not married still live happily.
- Life is not how people see it in movies or on social media. When one’s life is centred around social media, one may start to think that one has a problem. However, it shouldn’t be a do-or-die affair. One can aspire to be more than what one sees. Some people’s lives have been messed up because of social media. They have no understanding of reality again. They believe that living a fake life is is the real thing. They just follow people blindly, not knowing that nobody’s life is perfect.
- On the other hand, some people are friends and lovers, and it works out well for them. Marriage only makes it official and strengthens the commitment.