W. Axl Rose (born William Bruce Rose, Jr. on February 6, 1962), raised as "William Bruce Bailey", is an American musician, best known as the lead vocalist of rock band Guns N' Roses.
|This musician-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- That's always the hardest question. Lately I've been listening to Derek and the Dominos, the Bar-Kays. I really like the first Patti Smith. I'm just starting to discover the Cure. I keep trying to find things to open myself up to. I enjoy Soundgarden. The singer [Chris Cornell] just buries me. The guy sings so great. On the club circuit, I like Saigon Saloon a lot.
- When asked what kind of music and bands he enjoys
- Quoted in "Axl Rose: The Rolling Stone Interview" by Del James, Rolling Stone, (10 August 1989)
- My growth was stopped at two years old. And when they talk about Axl Rose being a screaming two-year-old, they're right. There's a screaming two-year-old who's real pissed off and hides and won't show himself that often, even to me. Because I couldn't protect him. And the world didn't protect him.
- Quoted in "Axl Rose: The Rolling Stone Interview" by Kim Neely, Rolling Stone, No. 627 (2 April 1992)
- We wish we were doing it, of course, under much better circumstances, but this man was loved. For Chris.
- At a Guns N' Roses concert in Ireland before playing Black Hole Sun in tribute to Chris Cornell on May 27, 2017.
- Quoted in "Guns N' Roses Play Special Tribute To Chris Cornell" antiMusic, (30 May 2017), "Guns N' Roses - Black Hole Sun (COMPLETE)" YouTube, (27 May 2017)