Austin Lounge Lizards
American folk/country band
The Austin Lounge Lizards are a satirical bluegrass band based in Austin, Texas, founded in 1980. Their members have included Hank Card, Conrad Deisler, Tom Pittman, Darcie Deaville, and Bruce Jones.
|This musician-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Highway Café of the Damned (1988)Edit
- I was driving down the interstate through Winslow Arizona, I had seven vices on my mind:
sloth and avarice
whiskey, beer, and wine.
- "Highway Café of the Damned"
Lizard Vision (1991)Edit
- Jesus loves me, but he can't stand you.
- "Jesus Loves Me (But He Can't Stand You)
Paint Me on Velvet (1993)Edit
- All my friends are buried here, and some of them are dead.
- "That Godforsaken Hellhole I Call Home"
- If I never had existed... would you still remember me?
- "1984 Blues"
Drugs I Need (2006)Edit
- You say your God is the one true God
but my one God is the one true God,
I don't want to hear about your one God,
'cause my one God's the one.
- "One True God"
- It's hard to find a banjo player up in Heaven —
There's some things even Jesus won't forgive.
- "Banjo Pickers in Heaven"