American writer, artist and academic
|This on article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
The Time Traveler’s Wife (2003)Edit
- All page numbers from the trade paperback edition published by Harcourt
- My family isn’t posh; they’re musicians.
- p. 13
- Running is many things to me: survival, calmness, euphoria, solitude. It is proof of my corporeal existence, my ability to control my movement through space if not time, and the obedience, however temporary, of my body to my will.
- p. 154
- “But don’t you think,” I persist, “that it’s better to be extremely happy for a short while, even if you lose it, than to be just okay for your whole life?”
- p. 239
- That’s what I love you for: your inability to perceive all my hideous flaws.
- p. 249
- Clare takes a mouthful, swallows it in a businesslike fashion, and says, “Well, that’s not so bad.”
“That’s a twenty-something-dollar bottle of wine.”
“Oh. Well, that was marvelous.”
- p. 419
- But as usual there’s no answer to this. As usual, that’s just how it is.
- p. 527