Asher Peres (January 30, 1934 – January 1, 2005) was an Israeli physicist, considered a pioneer in quantum information theory.
|This article about a physicist is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Quantum phenomena do not occur in a Hilbert space. They occur in a laboratory.
- Asher Peres (1995). Quantum theory: concepts and methods. Springer. p. 373. ISBN 0792336321.
- Some authors state that the last stage in this chain of measurements involves "consciousness," or the "intellectual inner life" of the observer, by virtue of the "principle of psycho-physical parallelism." Other authors introduce a wave function for the entire universe. In this book, I shall refrain from using concepts that I do not understand.
- Asher Peres (1995). Quantum theory: concepts and methods. Springer. p. 26–27. ISBN 0792336321.
- Unperformed experiments have no results.
- Title of a 1978 paper, Peres, Asher (1978). "Unperformed experiments have no results". American Journal of Physics 46: 745. DOI:10.1119/1.11393.