Antonio Simeone Sografi
Antonio Simeone Sografi, also known as Antonio Simon, or just Antonio (July 29, 1759 - January 4, 1818), was an Italian librettist and playwright.
- La verecondia delle donzelle è come l’acquavite. È perfetta sine a tanto che si tiene ben chiusa, ma se prende l’aria, vela subito via.
- Translation: Maidenly modesty is like aquavitæ, which keeps in perfect condition as long as it is tightly stoppered, but, if the air gets to it, evaporates at once.
- Olivo e Pasquale, Act I., Sc. VII. — (Pasquale.). Translation reported in Harbottle's Dictionary of quotations French and Italian (1904), p. 349.
- Non si dice quattro, se non è nel sacco.
- Translation: We won't say four, till we have them in the bag.
- Olivo e Pasquale, Act II., Sc. VI. — (Campagnola.). Translation reported in Harbottle's Dictionary of quotations French and Italian (1904), p. 379.