British writer and journalist
Anthony Terrell Seward Sampson (3 August 1926 – 18 December 2004) was a British writer and journalist; he was also a founding member of the (defunct) Social Democratic Party (SDP).
Anatomy of Britain Today (1965)Edit
- In America journalism is apt to be regarded as an extension of history: in Britain, as an extension of conversation.
- Chapter 9.
- Once you touch the trappings of monarchy, like opening an Egyptian tomb, the inside is liable to crumble.
- Chapter 2.
- Members rise from CMG (known sometimes in Whitehall as "Call Me God") to KCMG ("Kindly Call Me God") to GCMG ("God Calls Me God").
- Chapter 18.
- Anthony Sampson (obituary) John Smith, The Guardian, 21 December 2004.
- Who runs this place? By Anthony Sampson, The Guardian, March 28 2004.