Sir Anthony Phillip Hopkins, CBE (born December 31, 1937) is a Welsh actor, director and producer.
- I don’t know what it is, truthfully, I think part of it is being still and all that. I don’t know. I like to kind of come in at the side door. I like to act like a submarine; just don’t do much and just let it evolve. It’s resisting the urge to push the envelope. It’s very difficult for an actor to avoid, you want to show a bit. But I think the less one shows the better
- Being an atheist must be like living in a closed cell with no windows. I’d hate to live like that, wouldn’t you? We see them, mind you, on television today, many brilliant people who are professional atheists who say they know for a fact that it’s insanity to have a God or to believe in religion. Well, OK, God bless them for feeling that way and I hope they’re happy. But I couldn’t live with that certainty, and I wonder about some of them: why are they protesting so much? How are they so sure of what is out there? And who am I to refute the beliefs of so many great philosophers and martyrs all the way down the years?
- "Sir Anthony Hopkins: I couldn't be an atheist". (February 11, 2011)
- Encyclopedic article on Anthony Hopkins on Wikipedia
- Media related to Anthony Hopkins on Wikimedia Commons
- Anthony Hopkins on IMDb