Annette Lu (呂秀蓮; Lǚ Xiùlián; born 7 June 1944) is a politician in the Republic of China (ROC). She was the Vice President of the Republic of China in 2000–2008.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Only the blue sky, green land alliance can make Taiwan better.
- Annette Lu (2006) cited in "Politicians of all stripes honor Chiang Wei-shui" on Taipei Times, 6 August 2006.
Lu warns on ‘silent annexation’ by China (2013)Edit
Annette Lu (2013) cited in: "Lu warns on ‘silent annexation’ by China" in The Taipei Times, 30 April 2013 : Statements made during the founding ceremony of Anti-One China Principle Union in Taipei, 29 April 2013.
- The silent annexation is ongoing. The Democratic Progressive Party’s loss of power might be tolerable, but the loss of sovereignty in our time would be an irreversible mistake that would jeopardize future generations.
- Taiwan does not oppose that there is only one China in the world, but that does not mean Taiwan is part of China.
- We should never have a doubt about Taiwan's independent status. Taiwan has been an independent and sovereign country since 23 March 1996, the day of its first direct presidential election.