Anne Simpson is a Canadian poet, novelist, artist and essayist. She was a recipient of the Griffin Poetry Prize.
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I became a writer when I began to take it seriously.
- Interview comment - Geosi Reads Feb 17 2015
Loop Annual Award.com Interview (February 2010)Edit
- I find playing with form allows me to play with ideas.
- I can look at the world aslant by using an unusual form and thus take hold of an idea in a unique way.
- The forms often loop back on themselves... circling around on an idea in order to examine it more fully.
Susan Olding Interview (February 23, 2010)Edit
- I find a way to ground myself, literally by using the ground of places near where I live.
- I do this in my long poems. I have to move between one thing and another and this oscillation is the way I find out what I'm trying to say