|This Actor article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I was hanging out the other night with a bunch of friends I've known forever. They were saying, "Look at you. You've grown into a swan." I looked at them and said, "My awkward phase lasted about three years longer than all of yours combined." I related to the physical and emotional awkwardness Mia goes through. She has incredibly low self-esteem. A lot of my life was spent having the same thing, but I'm getting over that now.
- As quoted in "Anne Hathaway : Royal Role" by Jeffrey Epstein in E! Online (20 July 2001)
- Taking a year off and going to school was the best thing I could have done after The Princess Diaries. It taught me that I don't need Hollywood or a job to make me happy.
- As quoted in Teenpeople.com (May 2002)
- We've all done things we shouldn't, it's just I did stuff at college, when nobody knew about it, so I'm not a saint. … I wasted time doing self-destructive things but it didn't work. I found out you can only dance on so many tabletops. I got that all out of my system and now I'm healthy and I'm grounded.
- Before I met him, I wasted so much time. I was just annoying and narcissistic and smelled bad. He’s protective without being possessive, passionate without needing to show his temper.
- On her boyfriend, Raffaello Follieri, as quoted in "Anne Hathaway : I'm Not a Saint" in People (20 February 2007)
- My entire film career's been dependent on my ability to look unattractive.
- As quoted in "Anne Hathaway: 'I'd Rather Be Strong Than Skinny'" in People (8 March 2007)
- I have a lot more respect for it as a business. I understand fashion a lot more. Style, for me, is something I still can't get right.
- When I was younger I thought about becoming a nun for a while. You know how it is when you're growing up and you're going to be a lot of different things, but I actually wanted to be an actress before I wanted to be a nun. The nun was more of a side-bar thing.
- It's easier to think about the way I'm least daring. When I meet people for the first time, I'm friendly but shy. I'm much less outwardly nervous than I used to be, but I still get anxious sometimes. I'm not very daring in my street style, usually because there's a photographer around! I am getting more daring now—I'll wear my mom jeans in public that haven't been tailored 'just so' yet, just because they feel good. For a long time I was afraid of the harsh things people would say about me, but I might as well be happy.
- "Kiss & Make Up With Anne Hathaway: We Dare You". Harper's Bazaar. (October 9, 2014).
- I did work at Christie’s for a couple of weeks, getting ready for The Devil Wears Prada, getting people coffee and doing whatever they needed around the office. It was amazing. I got to see some wonderful art and everybody was really nice. It was great.
- "Anne Hathaway Was an Intern After She Got Famous: Find Out Whyu". Entertainment Tonight. (September 22, 2015).
- I’m always hyper-aware of how not to be a you-know-what. So to actually let it go and to lean into all the ridiculous fame nonsense that I’ve been trying to side-step for all of these years just felt really, really fun. It just felt great and to play someone who had such an enormous ego and someone who takes herself so seriously, and is so insufferable, came very naturally to me.
- "'Ocean's 8' Cast Says Female Heist Story Is Not a "Message Film"". The Hollywood Reporter. (June 8, 2018).
- Expression error: Unrecognized punctuation character ":". Anne Hathaway on IMDbExpression error: Unrecognized punctuation character ":".