Canadian poet, Professor of Classics, University of Michigan
|This article on an author is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- My religion makes no sense
and does not help me
therefore I pursue it.
- "My Religion", Glass, Irony, and God, New Directions (New York, NY), 1995.
- She doesn't get to say much in the official biography —
I believe they are out of wine, etc.,
practical things —
watching with one eye as he goes about the world
calling himself The Son Of Man.
- "God's Mother", Glass, Irony, and God, New Directions (New York, NY), 1995.
- while the shadows like long fingers
over the haystacks that sweep past
keep shocking him
because he is riding backwards.
- "Father’s Old Blue Cardigan", Men in the Off Hours, Knopf (New York, NY), 2000.