Alpha and Omega
Alpha and Omega is a 2010 American computer-animated comedy-drama film produced by Richard Rich and Ken Katsumoto and released by Lionsgate and Crest Animation Productions. The film is directed by Anthony Bell and Ben Gluck, starring the voices of Justin Long, Hayden Panettiere, Dennis Hopper (who made his final movie appearnace), Danny Glover, Christina Ricci, and Vicki Lewis.
- I just want to say one thing. If any of you wolves have hurt my daughter, I will personally rip out your eyes and shove 'em down your throat so you can see my claws * * * [Angrily] TEAR YOUR CARCASS OPEN!!!
- Looks like we're eatin' caribou tonight, boys!
- [The caribou are laughing at the wolves and start shaking their butts at them mockingly] Ugh, now that's a moon I don't wanna howl to.
- Kate's hot.
- [During the snow fight between Humphrey and Kate] Omega 1, Alpha 0!
- I mean, come on! The caribou are laughing at us. Now that's a moon I DON'T wanna howl to.
- Okay, so two bears are uhh... eating a clown, and one of the bears says "Does this taste funny to you?"
- I, uh... fell in love with an Omega?
- It's ok, dad. I understand, it's... It's my responsibility
- [After her hunt is ruined by the eastern wolves] Aw, Great! My first hunt and i blew it!
- Oh, darn! Cause i wanted to tell you something
- [When Marcel wins golf by getting a hole in one] Hole in one, sir!
- You are relocated to ummm... [looks at Kate and chuckles] repopulate.
- Wolf pile!
- Exactly! Just friends. End of Story.
- I can almost taste the wind! Or is that a bug? [He spits out a fly]
- Forget about it, Humphrey! Kate's an Alpha now, and you're an Omega.
- I'm STILL gonna tear this snaggle tooth apart!
Reba and JaniceEdit
- Stop the insanity, go organic!
Dialogue from movieEdit
- Eve: [To Kate] Now, if Garth gets out of line, take those beautiful teeth of yours, go for the throat, and don't let go until the body stops shaking.
- [Kate's eyes widen and she looks at Winston]
- [Garth fixes Lilly's hair, and it reveals her other eye]
- Garth: [Surprised] Wow.
- Lilly: "Wow" what?
- Garth: Your eyes. They're beautiful.
- Lilly: Thanks. [she giggles softly]
- [Humphrey and Kate are spinning in the air and screaming]
- Humphrey: What are you doing up here?
- Kate: I'm practice-hunting for our lunch.
- Humphrey: Oh, good. 'Cause I'm about to lose mine. [is about to throw up]
- Kate: [Worried] You are?! [Disgusted] Ew!
- Humphrey: I'll try to swallow it. [manages to swallow it]
- [After Lilly pretends to be turtles]
- Garth: What else can you do?
- Lilly: I just do turtles.
- Humphrey: Oh excuse me. Got a flee. Thought you can add a little something for your big day. [puts a flower on Kate's hair]
- Kate: Thank you!
- Humphrey: Just wanna say "goodbye".
- Kate: [surprised] "Goodbye"?
- Humphrey: Yeah! I'm thinking about doing a little traveling...u know...seeing where train takes me...[sighs] and maybe i'll visit our old friends, the bears. GRRRR! Our old buddies, see how their doing... I'll tell 'em you said "hi".
- [Both of the wolves laugh]
- Kate: Wait, but... you're leaving Jasper?
- Humphrey: Yeah! You know, it's a... lone wolf thing. [chuckles]
- Kate: Well, i know "Humphrey the fun-loving Omega", not "Humphrey the lone wolf".
- Humphrey: [feeling heartbroken] So, i'll be a fun-loving lone wolf. [starts to leave]
- Kate: I don't doubt that.
- Humphrey: [as Kate wakes up, after getting hit by a caribou] Kate!
- Kate: Urgghh! Humphrey?
- Humphrey: I thought i lost you.
- Kate: [looks around] Is everyone staring at us?
- Humphrey: Well... uhhh... No, not everyone... Yeah! Now they are.
- Kate: Oh darn! Cause i wanted to tell you something.
- Humphrey: [after Kate's hunt gets ruined by the eastern and a stampede shows up] Holy....
- Kate: ...caribou!
About Alpha and OmegaEdit
- You nailed it on the head because The African Queen is something that definitely inspired us. We looked at that. In terms of looking at other animated films, we wanted to do something unique so we veered away from copying anything animated.
- We worked with Maya and the environments were a little challenging for us because we wanted a painterly feel, so instead of doing texture mapping, we did some exploratory stuff and created our own programs for that. What we would do is come up with visual styles and they would work out a systematic way of achieving it. Obviously we used a lot of sawtooth mountains in Idaho and Canada for detailing. Short of going there, you could imagine all the reference material we had at our fingertips.
- Crest Animation in India is our parent company so what's unique about this and what I enjoyed -- especially coming from TV where they send things overseas and it's by the book -- is that it was like working with an extension of the same studio. A lot of thought went into this and if something didn't work, they would flesh it out and make sure it was the best it could be. We'd go over there and spend time with them and go over the nuances of the animation.
- They would do the physical animation but would send blocking scenes here and we had a small crew here that would go over the blocking and do tweaks and offer suggestions. It was very collaborative.
- Again, they had to do with the stylistic designs and, anatomically, some of the things didn't quite work with the rigging. So we wanted to get more of a natural, animalistic-type movement in the wolves, which was believable, making sure the gravity worked and that the lands worked. In designing them, everything was a perfect model of a wolf. We caricatured the wolves. And some of the expressions were hard and getting this hair to work and not be just clunky geometry was a challenge. I think the overlapping, the subtlety and nuances of that nature were important so that the facial performances could work without being distracted by this hair.
- *Anthony Bell 
- Justin Long - Humphrey
- Hayden Panettiere - Kate
- Christina Ricci - Lilly
- Chris Carmack - Garth
- Danny Glover - Winston
- Dennis Hopper - Tony
- Vicki Lewis - Eve
- Larry Miller - Marcel
- Brian Donovan - Salty
- Kevin Sussman - Shakey
- Eric Price - Paddy
- Eric Price - voices Mooch
- Paul Nakauchi - Hutch
- Marilyn Tokuda - Claws
- Marilyn Tokuda - Janice
- Eric Lopez - Candu
- Mela Lee - Candy
- Bitsie Tulloch - Sweets
- Christine Lakin - Reba
- Fred Tatasciore - Garn
- Mindy Sterling - Debbie
- Marcelo Tubert - Max
- A Pawsome 3D Adventure.
- Take A Ride On The Wild Side.
- There's A Joker In Every Pack.
- A Howling Good Time!