computer program developed by Google DeepMind to play the board game Go
AlphaGo is a computer program that plays the board game Go. It was developed by Alphabet Inc.'s Google DeepMind in London.
Quotes about AlphaGoEdit
- The typical, traditional, classical beliefs of how to play — I’ve come to question them a bit.
- AlphaGo's way is not to make territory here or there, but to place every stone in a position where it will be most useful. This is the true theory of Go: not 'what do I want to build?', but rather 'how can I use every stone to its full potential?
- ...there was a cut that quite shocked me, because it was a move that would never happen in a human-to-human Go match. But, afterwards I analyzed the move and I found that it was very good. It is one move with two or even more purposes. We call it one stone, two birds.
- It's perfect, it's just flawless, merciless. ... I don't think I could catch up with it in my lifetime.
- Ke Jie after losing three games to AlphaGo, Glorious still is Ke Jie despite 0-3 loss to AlphaGo, CGTN, Gao Yun (27 May 2017)