All in the Family
All in the Family (1971–1979) was a groundbreaking television sitcom starring Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker and Jean Stapleton as Edith. Airing on the CBS television network, the show finished at number one in the Nielsen ratings for five consecutive years (1971–1976), a record it shared with The Cosby Show until American Idol passed it in the 2000s.
Opening theme songEdit
- "Boy the way Glenn Miller played. Songs that made the hit parade.
- "Guys like us, we had it made. Those were the days.
- "And you knew who you were then, girls were girls and men were men.
- "Mister, we could use a man like Herbert Hoover again.
- "Didn't need no welfare state. Everybody pulled his weight.
- "Gee, our old LaSalle ran great. Those were the days."