All Dogs Go to Heaven
1989 animated film directed by Don Bluth
All Dogs Go to Heaven is a 1989 animated musical comedy film. It tells the story of a German Shepherd (Burt Reynolds), who is killed by his partner (Vic Tayback), but forsakes his place in Heaven to return to Earth. He and his friend (Dom DeLuise), accompany a young orphan girl (Judith Barsi), who teaches them an important lesson about honesty, loyalty and love.
- Directed by Don Bluth. Written by David N. Weiss.
But not all dogs stay there!
Charlie B. Barkin
- [about to deliver food to his hungry puppy friends] These are some of the poorest people I know. They're broker than... the Ten Commandments. [laughs] Little joke. Very little.
- What a selfish, callous cad of a heel I've been. Blind to the needs of our society's lowly unloved.
- [while drunk] Hee-hee-hee-hee! You're the doggonest pals... a swell could ever have. [laughs] I love you, guys. You wanna sing with me? You wanna sing with me?
- I can't help it, Charlie. I itch when I'm nervous!
- You're not my friend. You're a bad dog!
- Charlie? I have to go to the bathroom.
- All dogs go to heaven, because, unlike people, dogs are naturally good, and loyal and kind.
- I do not wish that I should share 50% of the business with my partner, Charlie.
- That is no way to treat an old friend. Friends must be handled in a friendly and business-like way!
- MORONS! I'M SURROUNDED BY MORONS!
- [while his ray gun is out of control] H-H-How do you stooooooop this thing?!
- Charlie: Careful, Itchy.
- Itchy: Yeah?
- Charlie: Yeah. I think that might be a water main.
- Itchy: Nah, Charlie. Water mains are green. This is red.
- Charlie: You're colorblind. You always been colorblind!
- Itchy: That's true, but this is green.
- Charlie: It's red!
- Itchy: Red?
- [He drills into the water main; outside, water bursts out of the ground]
- Man: BUSTED WATER MAIN!
- Man 2: Hit the lights!
- Man 3: Call command central!
- [Charlie has escaped the pound]
- Smiley: Charlie? Ain't you s'pposed to be on death row?
- Charlie: No! I ain't supposed to be on death row.
- Itchy: Hey! I got him out.
- [at the horse corral]
- Charlie: Anne-Marie, cupcake, sweetheart, please. Just talk to the horsey, huh? Talk to Mr. Horsey.
- Itchy: Hey, boss, maybe she only talks to rats. [chuckles]
- Charlie: Don't be stupid. She talked to me, didn't she?
- Itchy: Yeah. She talked to you. That makes you a rat! [breaks into laughter]
- [in the middle of the horse race, Stella Dallas gallops up to Sir Reginald]
- Stella: Yoo-hoo! Reginald! Excuse me.
- Reginald: Oh! [chuckles] Splendid! Hello, Stella! Jolly good day for a race, what?
- Stella: [laughs] Oh, yes. But, Reginald, honey, I do hate to rain on your parade, but did you know, [furiously] It's the Grand Chawhee's birthday?!
- Reginald: Oh, really? You don't... [monocle flies off; he goes awestruck] Oh! Terribly sorry.
- Itchy: You're in love with the girl. You've gone soft. You care about her.
- Charlie: Look, I don't care about the girl! I tell her things now and then. I pretend to be her best friend, but it's bologna!
- Itchy: I thought I was your best friend.
- Charlie: You are my best friend! With her, it's just business. It's always been business. I'm usin' the girl! And when we're done with her, we'll dump her in an orphanage. Is that okay with you?!
- Itchy: Sure, boss. Anything you say.
- [At the end of the film]
- Carface: [roars] I'll get that gator if it's the last thing I do!
- Annabelle: Touch that clock, and you can never come back.
- Carface: Shut up!
- Annabelle: I said, touch that clock, and you can never come back!
- Charlie: [to the home audience] He'll be back. [winks]
- But not all dogs stay there!
- Burt Reynolds - Charlie B. Barkin
- Dom DeLuise - Itchy Itchiford
- Judith Barsi - Anne-Marie
- Vic Tayback - Carface Caruthers
- Charles Nelson Reilly - Killer
- Loni Anderson - Flo
- Melba Moore - a Whippet angel
- Ken Page - King Gator
- Rob Fuller - Earl
- Earleen Carey - Kate
- Godfrey Quigley - Terrier
- Anna Manahan - Stella Dallas
- Candy Devine - Vera
- All Dogs Go to Heaven quotes at the Internet Movie Database