Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore
1974 American comedy-drama film directed by Martin Scorsese
- How are we supposed to have a meaningful family relationship if he's always on the verge of killing you?
- You're a very weird kid.
- I could lay under you, eat fried chicken and do a crossword puzzle at the same time, that's how much you bother me.
- You kiss me where the sun don't shine.
- Tommy: Mom, are we in Arizona yet?
- Alice: If you ask me that one more time, I'm gonna beat you to death. Just sit back there and relax and enjoy life, huh?
- Tommy: Life is short.
- Alice: So are you.
- Alice: [after Tommy was being smart] If you open your mouth, once more, I swear to God, I'm gonna nail it shut.
- [Tommy opens his mouth]
- Alice: I'm warning you, Tommy. I'm gonna throw you out, and you're gonna walk the last mile home.
- [Tommy makes faces at his mother]
- Alice: Get out!
- [Kicks Tommy out of the car and drives away]
- Alice: I'm an okay sorta person. How'd I get such a smart-ass kid?
- Tommy: You got pregnant.
- David: [Tommy's milking a cow] Hey, Tommy, watch the fingernails.
- Tommy: Well, Christ, she's got tits the size of cucumbers. What do you expect?
- Alice: [to David] Ahem. I don't know where he gets that language, I really don't.
- Tommy: Think real hard, it'll come to you, lady.
- Chicken: Would you mind turning around for me?
- Alice: Turn around? Why?
- Chicken: I wanna look at ya.
- Alice: Well, look at my face, I don't sing with my ass.
- Flo: My old man, he ain't talked to me since the day Kennedy got shot.
- Alice: Why? Did he think you had something to do with it?
- Alice: I know what I'm doing!
- David: Yeah, you do. That's why you can't make up your mind about your kid, your job, Monterey, or me.
- Tommy: You really love David, don't you?
- Alice: Yep, I do.
- Tommy: Yeah, I like him too, I just hate his taste in music. He always said you could fight with somebody and still like him.
- Alice: Hey, now you're using your old noggin! Thanks pal!
- [she hugs and kisses him]
- Alice: My boy!
- Tommy: Mom, mom, I can't breathe!