Akeelah and the Bee
2006 film by Doug Atchison
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Akeelah: This is all starting to sound heavy.
- Boy: It is heavy. Spelling bees are serious shit.
- [at the school spelling bee in a hall]
- Ms. Cross: Okay, Chuckie, your word is "grovel."
- Chuckie: Gravel? Like little rocks?
- Ms. Cross: No, grovel, like get down on your knees and grovel.
- Chuckie: Get down on my knees? [amazed] What?
- Ms. Cross: Just spell the word chuckie.
- Chuckie: G-R-A-V-E-L.
- Ms. Cross: No, Chuckie, you spelled gravel. The word was grovel, G-R-O-V-E-L. You weren't listening. Sorry, Chuckie.