Nigerian author and educator
Akachi Adimora-Ezeigbo is a Nigerian author and educator, whose published work includes novels, poetry, short stories, books for children, essays and journalism. She is the winner of several awards in Nigeria, including the Nigeria Prize for Literature.
- Bombing the Terrorists with planes from the skies is not enough, we have to go to the source of their sinning souls and bomb them, condemn them and shame them, with all the power of our pens, our computers, our smartphones and our creative works!
- Our writers must continue to educate our people and promote the cause of nation-building by producing powerful, inspiring and enduring works of art.
- ....The prestige African literature enjoys globally today is a result of the ground-breaking work done by Achebe (especially with his Things Fall Apart) and a few other writers like him.
- In a society, a woman should be able to tolerate others, work with others and maintain a very humble attitude towards others but at the same time be herself.
Quotes about Akachi Adimora-EzeigboEdit
- My mum always taught us not to expect favours but to work hard to make our way in life and to aim to get things through merit.
- Men and women complement each other in a home and in the society at large. God has given each a place, a role and responsibilities. It does not make one any better than the other or give any the right to lord it over or ill-treat the other.
- I believe this was their way of ensuring we understood our heritage, where we came from, who we were and what we stood for. I think that is really key for any child to know who they are and be proud and confident in that."
- Her decision of using only native names (April 2017)
|This article about a person or group of people is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|