Against All Odds
Against All Odds is a neo-noir 1984 film, a remake of Out of the Past. The movie was directed by Taylor Hackford and features Rachel Ward in a variation of Jane Greer's original role, Jeff Bridges, filling in for Robert Mitchum, and James Woods in a version of Kirk Douglas' part.
- He said the only way I'd get away from him would be to kill him.
- It's simple: either you want to play football again, or you don't.
- Jake: What the hell made you think you could handle Jessie? I bet you used to bring her some flowers.
- Terry: No, you don't have to do that when you're living in the jungle. You just take her outside and show her what tree you're going to do it under tonight. Hell, we had lots of trees.
- Terry: So, what is it you don't like exactly? Football players, tacos, or beer?
- Jessie: I like tacos and beer.
- Jessie: I think about you.
- Terry: I think about you too, lady. Let's leave it at that.
- Terry: You know I went down there looking for you? I came back here to see if anyone knew anything I was worried about you... *points at Jake's house* Came back to this fucker!
- Jessie: I love you.
- Terry: Oh yeah I noticed!!! *speeds off in Porsche*
- She was a beautiful fugitive. Fleeing from corruption. From power. He was a professional athlete past his prime. Hired to find her, he grew to love her. Love turned to obsession. Obsession turned to murder. And now the price of freedom might be nothing less than their lives.
- From the director of "An Officer and A Gentleman" comes a different kind of film.
- Sometimes love is the most dangerous game of all.