Wikimedia list article
- دو تربوز به یک دست گرفته نمیشود
- Transliteration:Doo tarbuz ba yak dast gerefta na-mey-shawad.
- Translation: You can't hold two watermelons in one hand.
- English equivalent: You must not run after two hares at the same time.
- Meaning: "Concentrate on one thing at a time or you will achieve nothing. - Trying to do two or more things at a time, when even one on its own needs full effort, means that none of them will be accomplished properly."
- Source for meaning of English equivalent: Paczolay, Gyula (1997). "X". European proverbs: in 55 languages, with equivalents in Arabic, Persian, Sanskrit, Chinese and Japanese. Veszprémi Nyomda. p. X. ISBN 1-875943-44-7.
- Zellem (2012). . Zarbul Masalha: 151 Afghan Dari Proverbs and Afghan Proverbs Illustrated. Zarbul Masalha (Proverbs). www.afghanproverbs.com. Retrieved on 16 February 2013.
- خواستن توانستن است
- Transliteration: Khastan tawanistan ast.
- Translation: Where there is a will, there is a way.
- Parsi (2012). Limped. H\&S Media.