Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls
1995 American comedy film
Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls is a 1995 Warner Bros. comedy film about Detective Ace Ventura, who specializes in cases involving animals. It is the sequel to the 1994 film Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.
- Directed by Steve Oedekerk. Written by Jack Bernstein and Steve Oedekerk. It was shot in South Carolina, Texas and British Columbia, Canada.
- [notices monks at Buddhist monastery celebrating Ace's impending departure] I've never seen them act like that before. Denial can be an ugly thing!
- [with Greenwall at top of the huge stairs leading to a temple]
- Ace Ventura: I'll meet you at the bottom. There's still one more thing I must do before I go...
- [close-up of slinky going down huge steps to temple]
- Ace Ventura: Isn't this incredible?! It's gonna be some kind of a record! [singing] Everyone loves a Slinky! You gotta get a Slinky! Slinky, Slinky! Go Slinky go! [Slinky stops on the second to last step] Awwwwww, MAN! Can you believe it?! It was right there! Can I do it one more time?
- Fulton Greenwall: Forgive me, Mr. Ventura, but if we don't hurry now, we might miss the plane.
- Ace Ventura: Of course. How selfish of me. Let's do all the things that you wanna do.
- [at a diplomatic function inside the British consulate in Nibia]
- Ace Ventura: [leaning at the bottom of the staircase] That's a lovely wrap you're wearing! Perhaps I could buy you some fluffy new slippers, made from the heads of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
- The Monopoly Guy: Who is this ghastly man?
- Ace: Ace Ventura, Pet Detective. And you must be the Monopoly guy! Hey...[whispering] thanks for the free parking.
- Pompous woman: Another activist, McGuire.
- The Monopoly Guy: Activist, yes... [snobby laugh]
- Ace: [imitating him] Activist, yes, mhmhmhmhmhmhmhmhm!
- Pompous Woman: Mr. Ventura, there's nothing wrong with enjoying the fruits of nature. You should try it sometime.
- Ace: Alrighty then! [smacks the "Monopoly Guy" in the face which knocks him unconscious, then drapes him over his shoulders] You know something? You're right! [sings and dance exotically around the room, then shakes the man, making his jaw move] Do not pass go! Do not collect 200 dollars! [hands him back to the woman] It's lovely, but I fancy myself an autumn.
- Ace Ventura: Mmm, this fruit paste is delicious, and the pottery is lovely.
- Ouda: It's made from guano.
- Ace Ventura: Guano. Sounds so familiar. [starts licking the remains of the fruit paste from the bottom of the bowl]
- Fulton Greenwall: Bat droppings.
- [Ace drops the bowl spitting the remains of the paste and wiping off his tongue]
- Fulton Greenwall: Guano is their chief resource, they use it to make many things in the village.
- Ace Ventura: ... Yummy!
- Ace Ventura: What type of bat are we talking about?
- Fulton Greenwall: The Great White Bat, of course.
- Ace Ventura: Corpuscular chiroptera?!
- Fulton Greenwall: Yes, but to the natives, Shikaka.
- [Natives kneel in respect of the name every time it is mentioned]
- Ace Ventura: Shikaka. [they kneel again] Shikaka. [they kneel once more] Shikasha. [they begin to kneel but catch on that he didn't say the name right] Ah! Sssssshhhhhhhish-kabab. Sssssshhhh- "Shawshank Redemption". CHI-CA-GO! [Chief kneels] You're outta there! [points outside] Go on, you're gone, go on.
- [Ace has been caught spying on the Wachootoo and tries to explain himself through Ouda]
- Ace Ventura: Tell them what I'm saying. [faces the Wachootoo] I come in peace!
- Ouda: [in poorly-translated Wachootoo] White Devil say, "I will harm you." [The Wachootoo look suspicious]
- Ace: [to Ouda] I couldn't help but notice the "equinsu ocha" part. Did you just refer to me as "white devil"?
- Ouda: This how they know you.
- Ace: Leave that part out from now on! [to Wachootoo] I represent the princess!
- Ouda: [in poorly-translated Wachootoo] "I am a Princess." [tribesmen look confused; one young man eyes Ace with interest]
- Ace: War is hell. The last thing we want... is a fight!
- Ouda: [in poorly-translated Wachootoo] "I want to fight, so go to hell." [The Wachootoo roar in anger; the Chief speaks to Ace] The chief said, "If you pass all Wachootoo tests, you do not die."
- Ace: [observes the Wachootoo for a moment] Kooky!
- [Ace is pontificating about the Shikaka abduction and any motives]
- Ace Ventura: Someone wants the tribes to destroy each other. There must be something valuable in this equation. Perhaps we should meditate upon it, Spike. For it is said that when seeking answers, one must quiet the soul in order to hear them. [sits down crosslegged] What is it the Wachatis possess that is of great value to other men - besides the princess with the amazing rack? All righty, then. [meditates and recites "All righty then" in trance to communicate with his master at the Ashram monastery]
- Monk: [sees Ace's spirit] Oh Ace. You're back?
- Ace: You can dispense with the smallpox, all-knowing one. I'm here on business, and time is of the essence.
- Monk: Very well. What answer do you seek?
- Ace: I need to know what it is the Wachatis possess that is of great value to civilized man?
- Monk: The medallion will lead you to the answer. You do still have the medallion, don't you?
- Ace: Medallion? Why, surely. I left it back, uhh, with my body.
- Monk: Your aura is weakening.
- Ace: OKAY, I THREW IT IN A CAVE! What do you want from me? What are you? Mr. Perfect?! You wanna know where it is? It's probably lying in a BIG PILE of... [suddenly realizes the answer; the Monk smiles and nods in assent at him; Ace opens his eyes] Guano! They have guano!
- [The Wachati Princess and the tiny Wachootoo warrior get married and enter a special tent to consummate their union]
- Fulton Greenwall: They will now consummate the marriage in the witness of the tribe. [gently pats Ace on the shoulder] Well done, Ace. You must be extremely proud.
- Ace Ventura: Pride is an abomination. One must forego the self to attain total spiritual creaminess, and avoid the chewy chunks of degradation. [suddenly sees Watchootoo warrior emerge from tent screaming angrily] What's that he's saying?
- Fulton Greenwall: I think he's saying she's not a virgin. [looks pointedly at Ace]
- Ace Ventura: ... They can tell that?!
- [both Watchati and Watchootoo chase Ace through the jungle]
- Most people wouldn't last one minute in the real wild nature. Ace Ventura, not even a second.
- New Animals. New Adventures. Same Hair.
- The great plains of Africa, the cradle of civilization. A place where there exists a balance between nature and man. So ancient, so sacred, no man would dare to disturb it. No man but Ace Ventura.
- Jim Carrey- Ace Ventura
- Ian McNeice- Fulton Greenwall
- Simon Callow- Vincent Cadby
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje- Hitu
- Bob Gunton- Burton Quinn
- Maynard Eziashi - Ouda
- Sophie Okonedo- The Wachati Princess
- Tommy Davidson- The Tiny Warrior
- Sam Motoana Phillips - Wachootoo Chief
- Arsenio 'Sonny' Trinidad- Ashram Monk