Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
1953 American film directed by Charles Lamont
- Directed by Charles Lamont. Written by John Grant and Lee Loeb, loosely based on the novel by Robert Louis Stevenson.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- How do you like that Dr. Jekyll! He turned me into a mouse... THE RAT!
- Bruce Adams: Dr. Jekyll, as one of our most prominent medical research scientists can you explain why men commit acts of violence such as murder?
- Vickey Adams: That's one of the theories Henry and Dr. Lanson don't agree on.
- Dr. Jekyll: Oh Lanson agrees with me alright, but unlike me he's afraid of public opinion. On the other hand I'm convinced someday scientists will probe the mind of man.
- Bruce Adams: The you believe these acts of violence stem from a disordered brain?
- Dr. Jekyll: I believe that every human being has two sides to his nature, the good and the evil. When the evil predominates it brings out the animal instinct in man, the desire to get what you want, even if he has to kill to get it. Of course, some people are born with that animal instinct under complete control, But it's the less fortunate I want to help. If I can find some way to curb that instinct to tame it so that its' always under control then perhaps we can eliminate bloodshed, violence, even war, and have peace on earth and goodwill towards men.
- Slim: Now look! You can't make two persons out of one. If there's a monster, there's a monster. If there's a Dr. Jekyll, there's a Dr. Jekyll. But one can't be the other.
- Tubby: Now listen Slim. All I know is that I locked up the monster and when I came back, Dr. Jekyll was there. You know I'm no magician.
- Tubby: Hey Slim? Slim? I gotta go home. I forgot something.
- Slim: What did you forget?
- Tubby: I forgot to stay there.
- The Laughs Are Twice as MONSTER-OUS as Ever Before!
- All New ! All Wild ! All Fun !