2002 American film by Stephen Gaghan
(Redirected from Abandon)
- You have no grace.
- Sopranos, this piece was written by monks who believed in God. They're singing not to other monks but to God. They're singing about God to God. And you think I'm a tough audience.
- This is the spirit dissolving in the music carrying up to God. Open up and let her rip. Don't perform... create. Say, 'Muse, I hate you, but I hate you on my knees.' Scream, 'I am the infantile centre of the goddamn universe!' Everyone!
- I go away for a while a look what happens. You let the whole place fall apart.
- I won't make stupid threats but your not gonna run away with this guy because wherever you go, I can follow you.... even if it's to the woods in New Hampshire.
- Why wont you yell....Come on I dare you.
- They want Vietnamese orphans... and engineers. God, why wasn't I born a Vietnamese orphan?
- I'll have a double order of escape fantasy and a side order of running away.
- Male Interviewer: Tell us about a problem you've encountered.
- Katie: My guidance counselor tried to keep me from applying to good schools. I thought she was my friend. She said she understood me and that I would be happier staying close to home, junior college or secretarial school. She hated me.
- Male Interviewer: What action did you take?
- Katie: I invited a senator who attended college here to speak at our school.
- Male Interviewer: And what was the result?
- Katie: I got a strong letter of recommendation from a U.S. Senator, was accepted early decision and they gave me lots of financial aid.
- Male Interviewer: And what did you learn from this experience?
- Katie: Truthfully?
- Male Interviewer: Of course.
- Katie: Mrs. Castleman was a sneaky bitch. It was the first time I was betrayed by someone I trusted. I looked up to her. I didn't come close to understanding the depth to which she resented me. I learned that people who help me, who invest in me become my partners, and my success is their success that relationships are symbiotic. I learned responsibility based on others' faith in me. I hope to be able to pay some dividends to those investors.
- Female Interviewer: How many pennies do you think it would take to fill this room?
- Katie: With or without us in it?
- Amanda: Word is, you slaughtered it. I talked to Brian whose brother dates that cold fish, Susan. Did you really call some lady a bitch?
- Katie: Slight exaggeration.
- Amanda: Yeah, they saw sixty people and liked exactly two - you and a North Korean girl who speaks eight languages.
- Katie: They said that?
- Katie: Do you know where Harrison is?
- Embry: The tree hugger? I don't really keep tabs on him
- Katie: Have you seen him lately?
- Embry: Wouldnt you like to know
- Katie: You piss me off like nobody else, you know that?
- Embry: Yeah?
- Katie: Yeah
- Embry: What are you gonna do about it, I want you to come away with me to the country house.
- Katie: Where is Harrison?
- Embry: I'll tell you at the counrty house.
- Watch who you leave behind...
- Katie Holmes - Katie Burke
- Benjamin Bratt - Wade Handler
- Charlie Hunnam - Embry Larkin
- Zooey Deschanel - Samantha Harper
- Mark Feuerstein - Robert Hanson
- Melanie Lynskey - Mousy Julie
- Philip Bosco - Professor Jergensen
- Gabriel Mann - Harrison Hobart
- Will McCormack - August
- Gabrielle Union - Amanda Luttrell