A Simple Plan
A Simple Plan is a 1998 crime-drama film about two brothers and a friend who find $4 million in a crashed airplane in the woods of rural Minnesota, and the problems that follow after they make an agreement to keep the money.
- [commenting on crows] Those things are always waiting for something to die so they can eat it. What a weird job.
- Hank, do you ever feel evil?
- I wish somebody else had found that money.
- We don't have anything in common, me and him, except maybe our last name.
- I mean, hell, Hank, I've never even kissed a girl. You know, if me becoming rich is gonna change all that, you know I'm all for it.
- Nobody'd ever believe that you'd be capable of doing what you've done.
- Lou Chambers: It's the American dream in a goddamn gym bag!
- Hank Mitchell: You work for the American dream. You don't steal it.
- Lou Chambers: Then this is even better.
- Lou Chambers: What you gonna buy, Jakey boy?
- Jacob Mitchell: I'm gonna buy me a truck.
- Lou Chambers: No, fuck that. Get something classy – Trans-Am!
- Jacob Mitchell: Yeah, in my wildest fuckin' dreams, a Trans-Am!
- Neil Baxter: [confronted by Hank Mitchell, who's pointing a pistol] But you're not the cold-blooded type, are you Mr. Mitchell? Well, it looks like we're both going to have a lot of explaining to do.
- Hank Mitchell: [shoots] Just me.
- Sometimes good people do evil things.
- Four million dollars and plenty of change.
- They've worked hard all their lives, but they still can't afford the American Dream. Stealing it is even better.