A Lot Like Love
A Lot Like Love is a 2005 drama/romantic comedy film, directed by Nigel Cole. Oliver (played by Ashton Kutcher) and Emily (Amanda Peet) first meet on a flight from Los Angeles to New York, then decide that they are poorly suited together. Over the next seven years they keep meeting each other, becoming acquaintances and then close friends, going through different partners and careers at the same time.
- When you look at me, do you see your mom?
- [After kissing] Don't (say anything), you'll ruin it.
- Honestly, if you're not willing to sound stupid you don't deserve to be in love.
- First of all, why would I get myself mixed up with a guy who I know first hand would jump into an airplane bathroom with the first girl that comes a-knocking?
- Emily, I'm flat broke. I don't have a job. I don't have a plan. And I know, I know I'm probably six years too late, but will you give me strike one back?
- [annoyed] Gabe the babe.
- The thing is, how can I be there for her if I don't even have my thing figured out? You know?
- Well, if it wasn't love, it was a lot like it.
- My brother's deaf, Em. I can go days without talking.
- God, Oliver! You are such a dick! C'mon, let's just start without him!
- Graham: [pointing to his son] You should get one.
- Oliver: That was the plan. Instead I'm almost 30, unemployed, and living with mom and dad.
- Graham: Oliver. This is your life. Right now. It doesn't wait for you to get back on your feet.
- Emily: This is your trip, it's happening right now
- [Takes Oliver's camera and takes a picture of her crotch]
- Oliver: [sarcastically] Oh Great! All the places I've traveled!
- Oliver: What's your stance on pancakes?
- Emily: I am pro-pancakes.
- There's nothing better than a great romance... to ruin a perfectly good friendship.