international chain of convenience stores
7-Eleven is an international chain of convenience stores based in North America and Eurasia.
- I've had a great relationship. In Delaware, the largest growth in population is Indian-Americans moving from India. You cannot go to a 7-Eleven or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent. I'm not joking
- I see kids who are complete cynics. They're not dreaming. They're out there with high-powered weapons, smoking crack behind the 7-Eleven. They've seen it all. These kids are going to take us into 2000 and beyond. That's scary, man. I wouldn't say I'm pessimistic or optimistic. I'm more realistic, I guess. But not cynical. I look. I watch.
- Johnny Depp, as quoted in "Rolling Stone 30th Anniversary Special: Johnny Depp" (1998), by Anthony Decurtis, Rolling Stone
- Slurpees and 7-Eleven helped me live the American dream.
- Anil Kumar, as quoted in "Thank Heaven for 7-Eleven’s 80 Years" (11 July 2007), by Debbie Schlussel, Debbie Schlussel
- Although the company was taken private by Japanese investors in 2005, the company, headquartered outside of Dallas, still embodies everything that’s great about the American entrepreneurial spirit and capitalism at its best. 7-Eleven stores introduced convenience-revolutionizing innovations... Still 7-Eleven, on balance, is a great American company that deserves its prominent place in American culture. Its commitment to the marketplace is the reason it has survived.
- Debbie Schlussel, "Thank Heaven for 7-Eleven’s 80 Years" (11 July 2007), Debbie Schlussel