People want the truth. Even if they can't handle it, they want it.
I need to know where I'm heading, because I know where I've been.
The Lord's blessings leave me lyrically-inclined.
I am what I am; you can like it or love it.
Let them hate, and watch the money pile up.
Curtis James Jackson III (born 6 July 1975) is an American rapper from New York City, best known by his stage name 50 Cent.
- The misconception is 'Gangster 50'. That's the biggest misconception. Because, I can be those things that people. I have a reputation. My past is my shadow, it follows me everywhere I go. Well, all those things come from when I had no other choice. They put my back against the wall. I do what I gotta do. Because hip-hop has no requirements, you deal with people that have the least intelligence on the planet. Some of the people that compare themselves to me, compare themselves to me because they rap and I rap. They can't even read the contracts that they sign to be a rapper, to do the deal.
- I came from the bottom of the bottom. It's hard for a lot of people to comprehend my story – a lot of people just don't get me because they haven't experienced it. I came from the bottom and I have risen up and I have changed but I have never forgotten.
- From his interview with Louis Gannon for Live magazine, The Mail on Sunday (UK) newspaper, (25 October 2009).
- I've got the sickest vendetta when it comes to the cheddar. You play with my paper, you're going to meet my Beretta.
- Go ahead, switch the style up. If niggas hate, then let them hate and watch the money pile up.
- They say I walk around like I've got an 'S' on my chest. No, that's a semi-auto and a vest on my chest.
- The Lord's blessings leave me lyrically-inclined. Shit, I ain't even got to try to shine!
- Keep thinking I'm candy; until your fucking skull gets popped.
- I am what I am; you can like it or love it. It feels good to blow fifty grand and think nothing of it.
- Look baby, this is simple. You can't see? You're fucking with me? You're fucking with a P.I.M.P.!
- I need you to pray for me; I need you to care for me. I need you to want me to win. I need to know where I'm heading, because I know where I've been.
- I've got to make it to heaven; for going through hell.
- "Gotta Make it to Heaven".
- In 2002, if you asked me to make a wish? I simply would've wished that my music would be a hit.
- "I'm Supposed to Die Tonight"
- That watch is nice! That's what you bought for me?
- Being broke is against my religion.
From Pieces to Weight: Once Upon a Time in Southside Queens (2005)Edit
- I want to explain my environment to those who don't come any closer to it than the records they buy or the images they see on television. People want the truth. Even if they can't handle it, they want it. I let you know that I survived nine bullets not to sell records, but because it's the truth. Every time I sit down for an interview, I'm asked, "Well, 50, how did it feel to get shot nine times?" But those stories don't hold the weight, the pain, or the hope of my experience. It just can't. This is my mindset and these are the things that go on. This is why I say the rhymes that I say. This is what happened when I was trying to get rich before I died in Southside Queens.
- Have a baby by me, baby, be a millionaire.
- I can't believe my grandmother's making me take out the garbage. I'm rich. Fuck this, I'm going home. I don't need this shit.