2008 film by Anne Fletcher
27 Dresses is a 2008 film in which a selfless perennial bridesmaid must plan her sister's wedding to the man she secretly loves.
- Written by Aline Brosh McKenna. Directed by Anne Fletcher.
- You would rather hang out with Italian models than come with me to my awesome work party?
- I feel like I just found out my favorite love song was written about a sandwich.
- Wanna find the ugliest stuff in the store and register Tess for it?
- Love is patient, love is kind, love means slowly losing your mind.
- You kind of look like a shiny mermaid.
- You'd rather focus on other people's Kodak moments than make memories of your own!
- I cried like a baby at the Keller wedding.
- That's great. I spend two days in bed with a guy and you get flowers.
- He asks if you want a drink. You smile and say, "Vodka soda". If you already have a drink, you down it. Then there's some flirting, some interoffice sex, an accidental pregnancy, a shotgun wedding, and a life of bliss. How many times do we have to go over this?
- What good is it being appreciated if no one is naked?
- Hey, do you wanna come over to my place before the party? Some of the guys from Shipping are coming and they're bringing tequila and bubble wrap.
- Ooh, you clean up good. I might even be into you.
- If it was the right thing to do, you'd feel better right now.
- Mother: [screams] Shit, oh shit!
- Jane: I never do anything like this.
- Kevin: I know.
- Jane: You do?
- Kevin: Yes, I know. You kept repeating that over and over last night. "I never do this... I never do this... I never do this..."
- Jane: There's gotta be one thing about weddings that you like.
- Kevin: Open bar.
- Jane: No.
- Kevin: [thinks for a moment] All right. So when the bride comes in and she makes her giant, grand entrance, I like to glance back at the poor bastard getting married. 'Cause even though I think he's an idiot for willingly entering into the last legal form of slavery... I don't know, he always looks really, really happy. And, for some reason, I... [notices Jane giving him a weird look] What the hell are you looking at me like that for?
- Jane: Are you shitting me right now?
- Kevin: What?
- Jane: That's my favorite part. Oh, my God. We have something in common.
- Kevin: Yes. Well, statistically that was bound to happen.
- [Jane pulls out a garish "Gone With the Wind" dress from her collection.]
- Kevin: What is that?
- Jane: [holding the dress in front of herself] Theme wedding!
- Kevin: What was the theme? Humiliation?
- [Kevin helps Jane practice saying "No".]
- Kevin: Jane, give me fifty bucks.
- Jane: No!
- Kevin: Jane, come on. It's fifty bucks. I'll pay you back.
- Jane: No.
- Kevin: [takes her hand lovingly] Jane, I need you... to give me fifty bucks.
- Jane: [hesitant] ...No?
- Kevin: [laughs] See? That was good! [picks up Jane's drink] Jane, can I have your drink?
- Jane: Sure.
- Tess: You won't share that information with him about me. You wouldn't hurt a fly. And you would never hurt me. I'm your sister.
- Jane: That was yesterday. Today you're just the bitch who broke my heart and cut up my mother's wedding dress.
- Jane's Aunt: It must be so hard to watch your younger sister get married before you.
- Jane: Yes. Then I remember that I still get to have hot hate sex with random strangers and I feel SO much better!
- Jane: [after passing out] Are you a doctor?
- Kevin: No, but Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Drunk were bugging me.
- Jane: God, Casey, can't you keep it in your pants for one wedding?
- Casey: Are you kidding? The only reason to wear this monstrous dress is so that some drunken groomsman can rip it to shreds with his teeth.
- Jane: How refreshing! A man who doesn't believe in marriage.
- Kevin: I'm just trying to point out the hypocrisy of the spectacle.
- Jane: Oh, that's so noble of you! Do you also go around telling small children that Santa Claus doesn't exist? 'Cause someone needs to blow that shit wide open.
- Kevin: Ah! So you admit that believing in marriage is kind of like believing in Santa Claus!
- Jane: You got them champagne glasses and a bottle of cristal.
- George: Any way she's gonna believe it actually came from me?
- Jane: Maybe. I wrapped it like a car ran over it.
- George: Nice touch.
- Jane: You write the most beautiful things. Do you actually believe in love and marriage and just pretend to be a cynic, or are you actually a cynic who knows how to spin romantic crap for girls like me?
- Kevin: I didn't follow that at all, but I think the second one, the spinning crap one.
- Kevin: Don't you have any needs?
- Jane: No. I'm Jesus.
- Katherine Heigl - Jane Nichols
- Peyton Roi List (young)
- James Marsden - Kevin Doyle
- Judy Greer - Casey
- Malin Ackerman - Tess Nichols
- Charli Barcena (young)
- Edward Burns - George
- Brian Kerwin - Hal Nichols
- Maulik Pancholy - Trent
- Krysten Ritter - Gina
- Edward Burns - George
- David Castro - Pedro
- Nicole Kidman - Mother (Screaming)
- 27 Dresses quotes at the Internet Movie Database
- 27 Dresses at Rotten Tomatoes
- 27 Dresses at Metacritic
- 27 Dresses at Mojo
- 27 Dresses at Allmovie