24 (TV series)
24 (2001–2010) is a U.S. television action/drama/thriller series on the Fox Network, created by Joel Surnow and Robert Cochran (both formerly of La Femme Nikita). Each season covers the events of one day (or 24 hours; hence the title) in the life of federal agent Jack Bauer, played by Kiefer Sutherland.
- [Repeated introduction.]
- Jack Bauer: I'm Federal Agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life.
12:00am - 1:00am [1.01]Edit
- David Palmer: All right, "On this historic occasion..."
- Patty Brooks: Well, it is a historic occasion, sir.
- Kim: So, is she still giving you the cold shoulder?
- Jack: If by "she" you're referring to your mother, I'd appreciate if you called her by her name. Mom. And no, she's just busy.
- Kim: She's busy a lot.
- Vincent O'Brien: Hello?
- Jack: Vincent, Jack Bauer. You planning on seeing Kimberly tonight?
- Vincent O'Brien: No way, man. We broke up, you know that.
- Jack: I just wanted to make sure you knew that.
- Vincent: Snuck out on you, huh?
- Jack: Don't screw with me, Vincent.
- Vincent O'Brien: Chill, man. I don't know where she is. You've got my word.
- Jack: That's a real comfort, Vincent, knowing I've got your word.
- Jamey Farrell: How long is this going to take?
- Nina: Why, are we interrupting your social life?
- Jamey Farrell: At least I have one.
- Nina: Funny.
- Jack:Tony. I need detailed background on everyone on Senator Palmer's staff now.
- Tony: Why?
- Jack: Because I think this is about him and I want us to be prepared.
- Tony: If it leaks out that we're screening Senator Palmer, people might think it's because he's black.
- Jack: Well, it is because he's black. It makes him the most likely target.
- Richard Walsh: We have reason to believe that by the end of the day an attempt will be made on David Palmer's life.
- Richard Walsh: How are you doing?
- Jack: I can't complain.
- Richard Walsh: Can't or won't?
- Richard Walsh: If Palmer gets hit, the first African-American with a real shot at the White House, they'll tear this country apart.
- Nina: You're lying.
- Jack: Yes I am. But you're still going to have to trust me.
- Jack: I was thinking we should try to remember what it was like when we were kids.
- Teri Bauer: It's a different world now, Jack.
- Jack: Yeah, I know.
- Jack: George. I need you to do me a favor. I need you to call your boss so I can get clearance on the identification of the source.
- George Mason: I thought we just agreed that it didn't matter.
- Jack: Yeah, but I still have to call Walsh and tell him I did everything I could. I would like to cover my own ass.
- George Mason: Jack, you're finally learning how to play the game.
- Jack: You can look the other way once, and it's no big deal, except it makes it easier for you to compromise the next time, and pretty soon that's all you're doing; compromising, because that's the way you think things are done. You know those guys I busted? You think they were the bad guys? Because they weren't, they weren't bad guys, they were just like you and me. Except they compromised... Once.
- Nina: Tony, I need you to do something for me.
- Tony: For you or for Jack?
- George Mason: You have no idea what you're getting yourself into.
- Jack: Why don't you explain it to me. You've got five seconds.
2:00am - 3:00am [1.03]Edit
- Ira Gaines: The job is on summer. Are you in?
- Mandy: Yes.
- Ira Gaines [to Jonathon, who just killed Bridgit]: You're done here.
- Tony: You mind telling me what's going on around here tonight?
- Jack: What's going on? You mean besides a 747 falling out of the sky and a threat on a presidential candidate's life?
- Tony: Yeah, besides that.
4:00am - 5:00am [1.05]Edit
- Dan: (Referring to Janet York) Well, err, maybe she wasn't quite dead.
- Ira Gaines: Well, let me tell you Dan; You're either dead, or you're not dead. There's no such thing as 'sort of dead'. Here, let me show you. (Shoots Dan in the chest)
- Ira Gaines: (To Rick) You've just been promoted, congratulations.
- Ira Gaines (referring to Dan's dead body): Bury your friend.
- Rick: Where?
- Ira Gaines (Annoyed): In the ground
7:00am - 8:00am [1.08]Edit
- Tony: How could you do this? Betray your country, be responsible for the deaths of people you work with?
- Jamey Farrell: I told you, I didn't know any of that was going to happen.
- Tony: Oh, that's right. You're just tappin' on your keyboard, right?
8:00am - 9:00am [1.09]Edit
- Jack: Lauren, I have killed two people since midnight. I have not slept for over 24 hours. So maybe, maybe you should be a little more afraid of me than you are right now. Sit!!
10:00am - 11:00am [1.11]Edit
- Jack: You probably don't think that I can force this towel down your throat. But trust me, I can. All the way. Except I'd hold onto this one little bit at the end. When your stomach starts to digest it, I pull it out. Taking your stomach lining with it. For most people it would take about a week to die. It's very painful.
11:00 - 12:00am [1.12]Edit
12:00pm - 1:00pm [1.13]Edit
- Rick: (Suffering from a bullet wound and running through the woods) I can't!
- Jack: Shut up! You can and you will!
- Rick: But I'm slowing you down.
- Jack: Yes you are, so you'd better start speeding up!
- Jack: Part of getting a second chance is taking responsibility for the mess you made in the first place.
1:00pm - 2:00pm [1.14]Edit
- Milo Pressman: What do you think they're going to do to Jack?
- Tony: Not going to name a street after him, that's for sure.
- Tony: Let me save you some time, Mr. Chappelle. I'm not the biggest fan of Jack Bauer. I don't agree with the way he delegates authority, and I don't like the way he runs operations. But since midnight last night, you won't get me to disapprove of a single action he's taken.
2:00pm - 3:00 [1.15]Edit
3:00pm - 4:00pm [3.16]Edit
4:00pm - 5:00pm [3.17]Edit
5:00pm - 6:00pm [1.18]Edit
- George Mason: Hey! Almeida. I'm on your side. Nina oughta be here right now, what does Jack need her for? You're busting your ass without any resources because she felt like taking a ride with him. If that works for you, great…
- Tony: You know what works for me? You keeping out of my personal business, that works for me!
7:00pm - 8:00pm [1.20]Edit
- Teri Bauer: [hysterical, talking about Kim] What do you mean you don't know where she is?
- Tony: After the safehouse, she didn't trust us and I don't blame her. Get in!
- Teri Bauer: We have to find her, Tony! We have to find her!
- Tony: Believe me, we're looking. Teri, GET IN THE CAR!
8:00am - 9:00am [2.01]Edit
- Jack: You are Marshall Goren?
- Marshall: Yeah.
- Jack: Eight counts, kidnapping a minor. Two counts, child pornography. First-degree murder.
- Marshall: Yeah, uh-huh. Hey, look: I already made my deal, and I don't need to hear this noise. All I've gotta do is testify against Wald, and I walk. [smirks]
- [Jack regards Marshall for a moment, then draws his weapon and shoots him in the heart]
- George: Oh, my God, Jack! What are you thinking?!
- Jack: I need a helicopter and a backup team ready to leave here in fifteen minutes.
- George: Are you out of your mind?
- Jack: You want to find this bomb? This is what it's gonna take.
- George: Killing a witness?
- Jack: That's the problem with people like you, George. You want results, but you never want to get your hands dirty. I'd start rolling up your sleeves... I'm gonna need a hacksaw.
- Paula Schaeffer: I didn't know how you liked intel presented impromptu. Whether you like it sorted chronologically with an alphabetical key or if you just like separate folders with access tabs...
- Tony: Uhh…I don't really care.
11.00 am - 12.00 pm [2.04]Edit
1:00pm - 2:00pm [2.06]Edit
- Jack: Did you pick this area for a reason? Or would anywhere outside the blast zone work?
- Nina: My contact is in Visalia. I'm not gonna tell you who it is 'til we get there.
- Jack: Fine. Then we can just sit here and wait for the blast to hit.
- Nina: Stop wasting time. I'm sitting here looking at the President's signature.
- Jack: I'm here. He's not. And I'm not gonna make a move until I believe you're credible.
- Nina: I'll only get the pardon if I help stop the bomb. Why wouldn't I do everything I can?
- Jack: Because you're worse than a traitor, Nina. You don't even have a cause. You don't believe in anything. You would sell anyone and everything out to the highest bidder. So, (Jack overturns the table between them) stop wasting my time! Give me a name!
- Nina: Don't even bother, Jack. You lay a hand on me, you'll be taken off the case. You're just gonna have to follow my lead.
[Jack glares. Nina finally smiles. This sets Jack off, who then charges at Nina--pushing her against the wall, grabbing her by throat as she chokes. The CTU surveillance races towards the interrogation room]
- Jack: You are gonna tell me everything I want to know, or I swear to God--I will hurt you before I kill you. And no one will stop me, do you understand that?
2:00pm - 3:00pm [2.07]Edit
- Nina: He is gonna put a bullet in my head before I can say 'hello' and then he's going to turn the gun on himself.
- Jack: We'll make sure he doesn't turn the gun on himself.
- Michelle: I just got off the phone with Ed Mueller.
- George Mason: How is it going with Jack and Nina.
- Michelle: He doesnt't know. Apparently, Jack drugged him and got on the plane without him.
- George Mason: Please tell me you're kidding.
- Michelle: (Shakes her head) What do you want me to do?
- George Mason: He is on a plane to Vasailla. There is nothing anyone can do...
3:00pm - 4:00pm [2.08]Edit
- [Recalling Teri talking with an old woman the Sunday before her death]
- Jack: The Sunday before you killed my wife... Teri and I went to the boardwalk in Venice just watching all the roller-bladers and musicians, laughing at the crazy people, spending time together. And Teri sees this sno-cone stand. She giggles like a kid. She takes off running, she wants to get in line, she wants one. I remember I was watching her, I was just... I couldn't help myself. When I look up at her she's talking to this old lady in line behind her and the two of them are laughing, and I'm thinking to myself, how the hell does she do that. How does she strike up a conversation with an absolute stranger? And they just start laughing. Like they'd been friends forever. That's a GIFT. I remember thinking, God, I wish I could do that. But I can't. That was Teri. My wife. That's what you took from this world, Nina. That's what you took from me, and my daughter. I just wanted you to know that.
- [Nina stares impassively]
- Jack: I just wanted you to know that.
- Tony: Hey, your neck's bleeding here.
- Michelle: [after feeling it] It's somebody else's blood.
- Tony: Look, Michelle. Why don't you take a few minutes, get cleaned up and change. You'll feel better. [whispers] We're gonna survive this day, all right?
4:00pm - 5:00pm [2.09]Edit
- [Nina has taken Jack hostage and is going to kill him.]
- Nina: This isn't how you thought it would end, is it, Jack?
- Jack: This isn't over yet.
5:00pm - 6:00pm [2.10]Edit
[on her betraying CTU]
- Nina: It didn't have to be like this, Jack. I never meant for this to be personal.
- Jack: It felt pretty personal when you killed my wife.
- Nina: I had to. Teri overheard something that compromised my escape route.
- Jack: What about bombing CTU? All those people you used to work with?
- Nina: I didn't bomb CTU, I just sold the plans.
- Jack: You believe what you have to, Nina, but you killed your friends.
- Nina: SHUT UP, JACK! SHUT UP!
- [Jack is backing away from Nina, who is threatening to kill him]
- Jack: You kill me before they verify the information you gave 'em, you'll be in violation of your agreement and they'll slap your ass back in jail.
- Nina: And you'll be dead.
- Jack: I'm already dead.
- David Palmer: [On Nina Myers] Let her share the fate of everyone she's endangered.
- [Marie is holding a gun on Reza]
- Reza Naiyeer: The…the past two years have been…just an act, is that it? I mean- I mean nothing to you?
- [Marie tears up]
- Reza Naiyeer: [last words, shouting] Huh?! I don't understand! Say something, Marie!
- Marie Warner: Reza…you really are very sweet.
- [Marie shoots and kills Reza]
- Tony: [to Michelle] So, uh, what are we saying here? If we save L.A. from a nuclear bomb, then you and I can get together for dinner and a movie? is that it?
9:00pm - 10:00pm [2.14]Edit
- David Palmer: If there is something you're not telling me, something that could help us find this bomb, as President of the United States, I'm ordering you—No, no. As someone you claim you love, I'm asking you—Help me, Sherry.
- Marie Warner: I am going to help you. I'm going to help you stop being a part of the problem.
- Kate Warner: So it's OK with you if Dad and I die today?
- Marie Warner: I killed Reza…and I loved him. Why would I care about you and Dad?
- Kate Warner: Because we love you.
- Tony [addressing the CTU staff]: In case you haven't heard, George Mason was exposed to a lethal dose of plutonium this morning. I'm afraid he hasn't got much time. He just left the office and he won't be coming back, which means that I'll be in charge until further notice. Now, on a normal day, we'd be mourning George, just like we would've mourned Ivers, Clark…and Paula, and the rest of our co-workers who were killed here today. Unfortunately we're gonna have to hold our thoughts of them until we can get through this present crisis. So…let's get back to work.
10:00pm - 11:00pm [2.15]Edit
- Jack Bauer [talking to his daughter Kim]: I want you to live your life. I want you to be happy, that's all I ever wanted for you. I want you try and grow up and be the kind of person that would've made your mom proud.
- George Mason Service is bad enough on this plane, you don't have to shoot me.
- Jack What are you doing on this plane?
- George Mason Felt like taking a ride.
- George Mason [Regarding Jack's plan to sacrifice himself to safely detonate the nuclear device]: Come on, Jack, you've had a death wish ever since Teri died. The way things have been going for you the past year and a half, this probably doesn't look like such a bad idea. You get to go out in a blaze of glory, one of the greatest heroes of all time, leave your troubles behind. You still have a life, Jack. You wanna be a real hero, here's what you do: you get back down there and you put the pieces together. You find a way to forgive yourself for what happened to your wife. You make things right with your daughter and you go on serving your country. That'd take some real guts.
11:00pm - 0:00am [2.16]Edit
- Yusuf Auda I'm supposed to update my home office right now, but I have nothing to report, except that I've been excluded from this investigation since I arrived
- Tony Look, I'll tell you what I can. You can call your home office and tell them whatever you want [...]
12:00am - 1:00am [2.17]Edit
- Jack: They're going to be five minutes.
- Jonathan: And here we are without a deck of cards. [pause] You know, I was down at Fort Benning when Colonel Samuels tried to recruit you? Yeah. He was real disappointed when you turned him down. He said you were a born killer.
- [Jack says nothing]
- Jonathan: Is that true?
- [Jack says nothing, but blinks and turns downward]:
2:00am - 3:00am [2.19]Edit
- Peter Kingsley: Look, I need the chip, so let's not be pigs here. You tell Ronnie where the chip is, I authorize a large sum—large enough to compensate any kind of guilt you might feel about this.
- Jack: It's not for sale.
- Kingsley: If someone wants to buy it, it's for sale.
- Jack: How can you justify starting a war to profit from the outcome?
- Kingsley: We're just controlling the chaos, that's all.
- Jack: No, you're causing it.
- Kingsley: Let's not waste any time trying to bridge each other's differences. There's only one thing we need to agree on—a price.
- Jack: I already gave you my answer.
- Kingsley: When Ronnie's finished working on you, you'll give me another.
4:00am - 5:00am [2.21]Edit
- Jack: There are bad things in this world that are out of control. Sometimes we like to blame ourselves so we can try and make sense of them.
7:00am - 8:00am [2.24]Edit
- Ryan Chappelle: So…what's up, my friend?
- Tony: Well, um…it's like this. Either fire me…or get out of my chair.
- Tagline: The first wave of attack will be terror. The last line of defense will be him.
1:00pm - 2:00pm [3.01]Edit
- Michelle Dessler: I'll go anywhere with you…as long as I don't have to cook.
- Tony: Sweetheart, if you promise not to cook, I will take you with me anywhere.
2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m [3.02]Edit
- Jack: What the hell do you know? My wife died because of this job. I almost lost Kim too. I'm not going to let that happen again. I will do everything I have to, to protect her. Do you understand me? Everything! Damn it Chase, you can not have a normal life and do this job at the same time.
- Chase: Are you saying I shouldn't have a relationship with anyone?
- Jack: That's exactly what I'm saying... and especially with my daughter.
- Jack: Shut up, stupid! You just fired at a federal agent. You better start talking to me, or I will let you bleed to death right here on this landing.
3:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m [3.03]Edit
- Anne: David, no reason to be suspicious. God knows, you've been betrayed by the people you trust the most. I'm not Sherry.
- Luis: Unless Hector has a key to this place, you aren't going anywhere.
- Ramon: But he does have a key. And when he turns it, the last 2 years of your life, all the hours you spent away from your family, all the work you've done to put me here will go away (he snaps) just like that. I wanted you to hear it from me. I wanted it to be the last thing you ever heard.
- (The guard comes and kills Luis)
4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. [3.04]Edit
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. [3.05]Edit
6:00 p.m. – 7:00 p.m [3.06]Edit
7:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. [3.07]Edit
- Gael: Don't get in my way, Michelle!
- Michelle: External security is already in position, you're not going anywhere. You take one step outside, you know exactly what will happen.
Ramon: Hello Jack. The party's going well, I wanted you to know. There's something else I wanted you to know. For some reason Hector wants you alive. Maybe he wants to kill you himself. Or maybe he wants to watch me do it. I'm just not sure I can wait that long.
8:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. [3.08]Edit
- Chappelle: I'm not so sure this is gonna work out well for you, Almeida.
- Tony: Maybe not, but right now I gotta help Jack get this virus and I don't need you looking over my shoulder, alright?
- Chappelle: You work for me. You don't give orders; you take them.
- Tony: Yeah, except the president put me in charge of this particular operation. Now, if you object, give him a call. I may be wrong, but I didn't get the impression that he's in the mood for any bureaucratic squabbling today.
- Jack: A few years ago my wife was killed because of my job; my daughter's never been the same since. This last year, well you know what I went through to bring you in, what did I get for it? A pat on the back, in the
end--a demotion, and a heroin habit. I'm tired of putting my ass on the line for nothing. I'm done putting my ass on the line for nothing.
9:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m [3.09]Edit
10:00pm – 11:00pm [3.10]Edit
- Nina: You really did break Salazar out of prison.
- Jack: I'm not the man you knew before.
- Nina: Well, I don't know about that.
- [Nina begins to caress Jack.]
- Nina: But for 20 million dollars, I'm gonna keep an open mind. So, Jack…if we're gonna go forward with this, I have to know one thing. Are you gonna be able to forgive me for killing Teri?
- Jack: If I wanted revenge, Nina, I would have killed you already. You know that. It's like I said, I just want to finish this deal and disappear for good.
- Nina: Convince me.
11:00pm – 12:00am [3.11]Edit
- Nina: I'm sorry, Jack. I wanted to believe that you'd changed, but I can feel it. You're lying.
2:00am – 3:00am [3.14]Edit
- Tony: [While interrogating Nina, he tells her about Alvers' medical history] Being treated for a knee injury, treated for HIV.
- [In the other room, they could tell Nina's pulse raise slightly upon hearing Alvers' HIV treatment]
- Michelle: [Talking to Tony over comm] It is likely Nina had sex with Alvers.
- Tony: Now see Nina, my collegues in the other room has just informed me that there is something in Alvers' file that, concerns you. I'm guessing it's not the knee.
3:00am – 4:00am [3.15]Edit
- Amador: You betrayed me, Jack. You were with CTU all along.
- Jack: That's right, Amador. You betrayed me, too. I'm just better at it than you.
4:00am – 5:00am [3.16]Edit
- Stephen: You are no longer in control of your country. And if you do not use the full power to execute my wishes, the virus will be released and it will be impossible to stop.
- David: (to Sherry) I despise you for what you've done. And I despise my role in helping you get away with it. Get out of my sight.
5:00am – 6:00am [3.17]Edit
- Stephen: Mr. President?
- David: Yes.
- Stephen: It's time for your first assignment. A very simple one, but one necessary to our future relationship.
- David: We don't have a relationship.
- Stephan: No, you don't negotiate with terrorists. Well, I don't negotiate with heads of state, so just do what you're told
6:00am – 7:00am [3.18]Edit
- Jack: Sorry we let you down, Ryan. (pauses) God forgive me.
- Jack: The only thing you need to know is that I need these files decrypted now.
- Chloe: Well, I'm doing my very best. Your tone of voice is not exactly a morale booster.
- Jack: (exasperated) Chloe, please just do it!
7:00am – 8:00am [3.19]Edit
- Jack You and I have been doing this long enough to know that there is no such thing
as a meaningless lie. How are you involved in this?
- Tony: You're not making any
sense, Jack. That intel was good. Without it you'd have never been in the white house to save the President.
- Jack: What is your involvement?
- Tony: You're not thinking straight.
- Jack: How were you shot? Does Galvez even have a second man or was it just you?
- Tony: Just stop and listen to what you're saying. It's insane. It's paranoia. Now, why don't you put the gun down?
- Jack: Don't you move!
- Tony: The toxin is starting to affect your judgement. That's what's happening. You can see that, right? Is this what you're looking for? I never wanted to hurt you, Jack. I told you to stay out of it. But you wouldn't listen, would you?
8:00am – 9:00am [3.20]Edit
- Tony: Chloe, I'm getting real tired of your personality.
9:00am – 10:00am [3.21]Edit
10:00am – 11:00am [3.22]Edit
- Tony: My God Jack, didn't you learn anything from what happened to Teri?
- Jack:(pushing him away) SHUT UP, TONY! Shut up!
- Tony: Just because you sacrificed your wife for this job doesn't mean I'm gonna sacrifice mine!
11:00am – 12:00pm [3.23]Edit
- Stephen: Let her go! Do as I say now, Jack!
- Jack: When your daughter is infected, I'm gonna make you watch her die.
12:00pm – 1:00pm [3.24]Edit
- Tony: [to Michelle] Baby, you're alive. And nobody else got hurt because of what I did. Now that's more than I hoped for. I can live with that. Even in prison.
7:00am - 8:00am [4.01]Edit
- James Heller: Spare me your sixth-grade Michael Moore logic!
- Jack: What is happening at eight o'clock?! I am not messing with you.
- [He flips the table.]
- Jack: You are going to tell me what is happening at eight o'clock!
- [He shoots Sherek's leg.]
- Jack: What is your primary objective?! What is your primary objective?!
- Sherek: Secretary of Defense!
- Jack: Secretary Heller? Secretary Heller's the target! Call Secret Service now!
2:00pm - 3:00pm [4.08]Edit
- Audrey: Look. We were fighting for our lives a few minutes ago, and if it hadn't been for Tony, we would've been dead. Now I've been through a lot today, and I'm sure, when this is all over, your boss will understand.
- Jen Slater: And if he doesn't?
- Audrey: [deadpan] I can have him killed.
- [They both grin.]
- Jen Slater: Knock yourself out.
7:00pm - 8:00pm [4.13]Edit
- Tony: Some people are more comfortable in hell.
- Tagline: To the world, he's dead. But he is about to become the most wanted man alive.
7:00am - 8:00am [5.01]Edit
- [First Lady Martha Logan stands before a bathroom sink, dismayed.]
- Martha Logan: I look like a wedding cake.
8:00am - 9:00am [5.02]Edit
- Jack: Let's get one thing straight, kid. The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you. Now get in the van.
- [In a van, Derek watches nervously as Jack moves to incapacitate an FBI agent.]
- Chloe: Relax. He's really good at this.
1:00pm - 2:00pm [5.07]Edit
- [President Logan lays into Cummings about his botched entrapment of Russian separtist terrorists.]
- Walt Cummings: Oh, you make it sound like our goal was to kill Americans!
- Charles Logan: What the hell was your goal, Walt?! Explain that to me!
- Walt Cummings: I'm a patriot, s— Mr. President. We were acting in the best interest of this country.
- Charles Logan: How is any of this in our best interest?
- Walt Cummings: Shoring up a-a strategic partner in the war on terror? Ensuring a stable flow of oil? How is any of that not in our national interest?
4:00pm - 5:00pm [5.10]Edit
- [Martha has hung up on Logan after refusing to get out of the Suvarovs' limousine. Logan argues with Mike.]
- Charles Logan: What am I missing, Mike?! T-t-t-there's gotta be some way out, something that I'm not seeing.
- Mike Novick: You are not missing anything. Any action we take to save Martha would save the Suvarovs. And if that happens, the terrorists will release the gas. Unfortunately, it's that simple.
- Charles Logan: And there's nothing we can do, right? Unless I warn them… Martha's going to die with the Suvarovs.
- Charles Logan: Damn you Martie, putting me in such position.
- [In CTU, Carrie is on the phone.]
- Carrie Bendis: Understood. Those protocols should be coming over shortly.
- Caller: Okay.
- [Carrie hangs up. Lynn comes over.]
- Lynn McGill: Who were you on the phone with?
- Carrie Bendis: Homeland Security.
- Lynn McGill: I gave you specific orders to have everyone's system mirrored to mine.
- Carrie Bendis: I've been doing that.
- Lynn McGill: But you're not finished, yet somehow you have time to chat with Homeland Security.
- Carrie Bendis: They needed us to give them updated codesets. It'll just take another minute.
- Lynn McGill: No, it won't. Stiles, finish her task. Carrie, you're done.
- Carrie Bendis: What do you mean, "done"?
- Lynn McGill: Fired! You don't work here anymore.
- Edgar Stiles: Mr. McGill, it's not her fault. She's just—
- Lynn McGill: Edgar, one more word out of you, you walk out with her. What's it gonna be?
- [Still on the warpath, Lynn finds Chloe assisting Audrey in the server room.]
- Lynn McGill: Chloe! Wat are you doing in here?
- Audrey: I asked her to help me.
- Lynn McGill: She doesn't work for you, Ms. Raines. She works for me.
- Audrey: But I don't, and DoD has assignment priority over CTU.
- Lynn McGill: We're in the middle of a real-time investigation, and we're understaffed. Chloe is a department head. You can't just take her away from me.
- Audrey: I'm not taking her away from you. We needed a system patch on the server, and Chloe's the only one who can fix it!
- Lynn McGill: Well, then you come to me, and you ask me. Everything in this office runs through me!
- Audrey: Lynn, we are all trying to do the same thing! Can you please just get pass this?
- Lynn McGill: Yeah, I'm past it. I want Chloe back.
- Chloe: Okay. I'm finished here. Sorry, Mr. McGill — it won't happen again.
7:00pm - 8:00pm [5.13]Edit
- [On the phone as he runs to Medical, Jack tells Tony not to kill Christopher Henderson.]
- Jack: You don't want to do this! It's not gonna bring back Michelle!
- Tony: No. But I'll feel better.
- Jack: Trust me, you won't!
- Tony: You're probably right. I'll let you know.
- Tony: She's gone, Jack.
8:00pm - 9:00pm [5.14]Edit
- Théo: I'm here by permission of your government, you can't touch me.
- Jack: Right, we'll see about that!
- Jack: Théo, it's Jack. I'm sorry.
- Théo: We had a deal.
- Jack: When this is all over I promise you I will help you rebuild your investigation. I give you my word.
- Théo: I had your word, now I know what it's worth.
9:00pm - 10:00pm [5.15]Edit
- [Jack pulls a gun on Collette Stenger after finding she framed Audrey at Henderson's advice.]
- Jack: He's using you. He wanted you to get inside my head. And it worked. And now I'm… upset.
- [After the shootout at the gas plant]
- Jack: Curtis, the Sentox is already in the system. Who's in charge here?
- [Sam the foreman raises his hand]
- Jack: Listen to me. You have Sentox nerve gas running through your pipelines. Can you shut down the pumps?
- Sam: By the time we power down, gas will be in the main tanks and it's out into the city.
- Jack: I need the closest pipeline that feeds those tanks.
- Sam: Just out the door, to your left. It'll have a red arrow on it.
- Jack [to Curtis]: Get me C4 and a timer, get these people out of here.
- Buchanan: Jack, what are you doing?
- Jack: In order to deliver the Sentox it had to mix with natural gas. If we can ignite that gas before it leaves the plant, the Sentox will be incinerated. Bill, this is the last chance we've got to stop this threat.
- [Jack has just been caught in an explosion and sees Bierko escaping]
- Jack: Curtis, I've got a visual on Bierko!
- Curtis: Jack, you don't have time before the main tanks explode.
- Jack: Right now, he's our only connection to Henderson!
12:00am - 1:00 am [5.18]Edit
- [Arrested for helping Jack, Chloe insists that Jack did not kill David Palmer.]
- Miles Papazian: He's a federal fugitive wanted for the murder of a former President. Which means you're going to jail, O'Brian. For a long time.
2:00am - 3:00am [5.20]Edit
- Miles Papazian: What's Bauer doing on Flight 520?
- Buchanan: You have no idea what you're dealing with, you little ass-kisser.
4:00am - 5:00am [5.22]Edit
- [Bloodied and tied to a chair, Secret Service agent Aaron Pierce listens to Logan's attempt to bribe him to silence.]
- Charles Logan: Are my terms acceptable?
- Aaron Pierce: There is nothing you have said or done that is acceptable to me in the least. You're a traitor to this country and a disgrace to your office. And it's my duty to see that you're brought to justice for what you've done. Is there anything else… Charles?
6:00am - 7:00am [5.24]Edit
- [On Marine One, with President Logan in the back, Bauer pulls a gun on the other pilot.]
- Jack: Captain. I can fly this thing if I have to, which leaves you with one of two choices. You either do what I say and you live, or you don't and you die for nothing. You understand me?
- [A stony-faced, silent Jack holds Logan isolated on Marine One.]
- Charles Logan: What are you trying to do, Jack? Whatever it is, you know you won't get away with it! Are you going to kill me? I suppose you want some sort of revenge. I understand that. Bad things happened. I didn't want them to happen. People who work for me, they-they-they went too far, they did things I thought I wanted them to do, but they were wrong! You have to understand, I have always acted in the country's best interest. But you're just trying to get even. Do you realize what effect this will have on the American people?! This day has been trying enough! And now the President is being attacked. If you want to do what's right, you will turn this thing around, and go back. Damn it, Bauer, say something!
- [In the abandoned building, Jack sits down before a defiant Logan.]
- Jack: A year and a half ago, I was warned that my life was in danger, by someone within the government. I was told the only way I could stay alive was to create the illusion that I was dead. I was forced to deceive people that I loved. My only daughter will never forgive me. As I see the depth of your corruption unfold, I have no doubt that you are that source of danger. David Palmer was a great man, and he was a great President! But he was also my friend. He tried to warn me about you and now he is dead. Other people tried to help me, and they are dead, too. So Mr. Logan, I hope you understand… I have absolutely nothing to lose. You are going to be held accountable for your part of everything that happened today. You are not going to be able to hide behind the Presidency — right here, right now, you are going to face justice! And make no mistake about this, this is personal. And if you think for a second that I am scared to put a bullet in your brain, you don't know me. I am going to ask you one last time. Who are your co-conspirators? You have until the count of three, or I will kill you.
- [Charles follows Martha into the airfield hangar. In private, he slaps her and frisks her for a wire.]
- Charles Logan: You said that I was a good liar? But I am nothing compared to you.
- [Jack's kidnappers drag him through a dark enclosed space with hanging chains. Chinese operative Cheng Zhi appears.]
- Cheng Zhi: You surely must be aware, Mr. Bauer, that China has a long memory. Only 18 months ago, you invaded our territory and killed our consul. Did you really think that we would forget? Hmm?
- Jack: [gasping] I know how this works. I need to make one phone call. Please. Just one phone call.
- [After a moment of silence, Jack spits at Cheng. The men drop him to the ground.]
- Jack: Kill me. Just… kill me.
- Cheng Zhi: Kill you? You're far too valuable to kill, Mr. Bauer.
6:00am - 7:00am [6.01]Edit
- Karen Hayes: If we don't stop these attacks, this country will never recover.
- Jack: Audrey?
- Bill Buchanan: Audrey doesn't know you're back.
- Jack: My daughter?
- Bill Buchanan: Kim doesn't know, either.
- Jack: You keep it that way.
- Buchanan: [to Jack] We're asking you to sacrifice yourself.
- [President Wayne Palmer talks to Jack before he's handed over to Abu Fayed.]
- Jack: I understand what's expected of me, Mr. President.
- [Per Fayed's instructions, Buchanan and Curtis prepare to leave Jack chained to a water system grate.]
- Buchanan: I don't know what to say, Jack.
- Jack: Do you understand the difference between dying for something and dying for nothing? The only reason I fought so hard to stay alive in China was because I didn't want to die for nothing. Today, I can die for something. My way, my choice. To be honest with you, it'll be a relief.
- [Buchanan is livid over Chloe's rogue attempt to track Jack, jeopardizing the deal.]
- Buchanan: Don't think you're the only one mourning Jack; you're not.
- Karen Hayes: There are people in this administration who are willing to tear up the Constitution in the name of National Security.
7:00am - 8:00am [6.02]Edit
- [As Omar begs through his pain, Jack pulls back from his brutal interrogation.]
- Assad: Why'd you stop?
- Jack: I can see it in his eyes. He's not going to tell us anything.
- [Jack walks off, but Assad grabs a knife and resumes the torture.]
- Assad: Where is Fayed?
- Omar: I know where some of his men are going to be!
- [Beat. Assad is alarmed at Jack's reluctance to head out after Fayed.]
- Assad: My men are dead. I can find Fayed, but I cannot stop him by myself.
- Jack: I don't know how to do this anymore.
- Assad: You'll remember.
- [Scott enters the Amar home to find a dead man and a wounded Ahmed, who pulls a gun on him.]
- Scott: Ahmed. We're friends.
- Ahmed Amar: What friends? You can't even pronounce my name. It's not Āh-mėd, it's Äck-mėd.
9:00am - 10:00am [6.04]Edit
- Chloe: You were right about Curtis and Assad. Curtis was in the army, just after desert storm. His squad was ambushed by Assad's people. They killed 5 of Curtis's men and took 2 more hostage. Curtis was badly wounded, he couldn't go after them. The next day a tape was sent to the local television station. Assad's lieutenant forced the men from Curtis's patrol to beg for their lives, and then he personally beheaded them both.
- Jack: Oh my God.
- Jack: Curtis, put down your weapon!
- Curtis: I can't do that, Jack.
- Jack: Curtis, by order of the President of the United States, PUT DOWN YOUR WEAPON!
- Curtis: I can't let this animal live!
- [Jack is violently ill after killing Curtis to save pardoned terrorist Assad.]
- Jack: Tell the President I'm sorry, I can't do this any more.
- Buchanan: The hell you can't!
- [Ahmed directs Scott after receiving orders on the phone to kill him.]
- Ahmed: Don't make this any harder than it already is. Kneel.
- [Buchanan loudly reviews CTU's recent failures.]
- Buchanan: We have to do better than we're doing, and we have to do it faster!
- [Jack has been forced to shoot Curtis]
- Bill Buchanan: Curtis didn't leave you any choice.
- Jack Bauer: That's what I keep trying to tell myself.
10:00am - 11:00am [6.5]Edit
- Liddy: It's Liddy. You won't believe who just called here.
- Graem Bauer: Who?
- Liddy: Your brother Jack.
- Graem Bauer: What are you talking about? Jack's rotting away in some Chinese prison.
- Liddy: No, actually he's here in L.A.
- Graem Bauer: How the hell did that happen?
- Liddy: I don't know.
- Graem Bauer: What's he want?
- Liddy: He's looking for the old man.
- Graem Bauer: Yeah? Why?
- Liddy: He didn't say. But if I were you, I'd expect a call from Jack. Your name came up.
- Graem Bauer: Damn it. We should have killed Jack when we had the chance instead of handing him over to the Chinese.
- Liddy: We tried.
- Graem Bauer: This isn't good. My brother has a way of digging things up that need to stay buried.
10:00pm - 11:00pm [6.17]Edit
- Wayne Palmer: If Jack Bauer says it's a dead end, then it's a dead end.
- Jack Bauer: Damn it!
- [Just before hanging Fayed, in reference to Fayed's brother, a terrorist Jack killed]
- Jack: Say hello to your brother.
- [Mike Doyle sees the bodies of several guards dead on the floor, and Fayed strangled, hung from a chain]
- Doyle: Damn, Jack.
1:00am - 2:00am [6.20]Edit
- James Heller: You're cursed, Jack. Everything you touch, one way or another, ends up dead.
8:00am - 9:00am [7.1]Edit
- Jack Bauer: The difference between success and failure is your ability to adapt to your enemy. The people that I deal with, they don't care about your rules. All they care about is a result.
- Jack Bauer: I am more than willing to be judged by the people you claim to represent. I will let them decide what price I should pay. But please do not sit there with that smug look on your face and expect me to regret the decisions I have made. Because, sir, the truth is... I don't.
- Sean Hillinger: You do know you could hire a $14-an-hour data-applications geek to do this work?
- Renee Walker: I wouldn't advertise that.
9:00pm - 10:00pm [7.14]Edit
- Senator Mayer: This morning at the hearing you said you had no regrets, but what I saw was a man full of regret.
- Jack: Of course I have regret, Senator. I regret losing my family. My wife was murdered because I was responsible for protecting David Palmer during the assassination attempt. My daughter can’t even look at me. Every day I regret looking into the eyes of men, women and children knowing that any moment their lives may be deemed expendable in an effort to protect the greater good. I regret every decision and mistake I might have made that resulted in the loss of an innocent life. But you know what I regret the most? That this world even needs people like me.
- Senator Mayer: You think I’m naïve to think that we need to hold ourselves to a higher standard of conduct?
- Jack: It doesn’t even matter what I think, Senator. You just need to understand that where I work things get a lot messier than where you work on the Hill.
- Senator Mayer: What you’ve lost, Mr. Bauer, is tragic. What you’ve been through compelled to do in the name of saving innocent life is tragic. But sometimes we need to incur the most horrible losses in order to uphold the ideals that this country was founded on. How can we presume to lead the world unless we set an example?
- Jack: You make it sound so simple.
- Senator Mayer: Well, maybe it’s simpler than you think. Maybe all the things that you’ve seen and all the things that you’ve done have clouded your vision.
10:00pm - 11:00pm [7.15]Edit
- Tony: What the hell are you doing? Don't do it, Jack. Don't turn a surveillance job into a firefight; it'll be two against ten!
- Jack: Two against nine.
4:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m [8.01]Edit
- Teri: Jack?
- Jack: Oh. Sweetheart, we already talked about this, remember? You're supposed to call me Grandpa.
- Teri: You don't look like a grandpa.
- Jack: Couldn't agree with you more.
- Arlo: [during an emergency briefing with Brian Hastings, Dana Walsh, and Cole Ortiz] Who's Jack Bauer?
2:00pm - 3:00pm [8.23]Edit
- Jack: (while holding Pres. Logan at gunpoint) Call President Suvarov and tell him you want to meet him where you are immediately after the press conference.
- President Logan: And what am I supposed to tell him?
- Jack: (smiling) Try the truth for once. Tell him that you have credible intelligence about a threat to his life.
3:00pm - 4:00pm [8.24]Edit
- [Last line of the series]
- Chloe: Shut it down.
24: Live Another DayEdit
Day 9: 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. [1.01]Edit
Day 9: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. [1.02]Edit
Day 9: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. [1.03]Edit
- Jack Bauer saved Los Angeles. He saved hundreds of thousands of lives, are you going to convict Jack Bauer? Say that criminal law is against him? 'You have the right to a jury trial?' Is any jury going to convict Jack Bauer? I don't think so."